A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pro or Anti

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: " Pro to work with the Malaysians or Anti ? "

Sun May 22, 2011 11:56 am

i'd welcome him back as long as he had no control over the money :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:00 pm

skuddy wrote:i'd welcome him back as long as he had no control over the money :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Is it your money then? Have you loans in at the Club too? Name a player in the Championship Hammam paid in excess of 20,000 a week too?

Sun May 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Don't think it would be a good idea. Sam will want to stick his nose in when it is not wanted and will cause animosity with other people. Not many managers would be able to work with Sam.

If he was to come in and oversee our academy then I would be delighted with that as there is no doubt about his passion and knowledge in football, however I can just see him wanting to become too involved in first team affairs.

Re: Pro or Anti ?

Sun May 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Lord Chief Justice wrote:I don't think it matters who is behind Langstone at all. Who cares? why should you care? I look forward to why you feel you need to know what " names " loaned Cardiff City large funding on an unsecured basis. Sam has not lied , clearly there are others involved and backing Hammam, but so what ?

Do you know all the ins and out of the Malaysians and there funding? no of course you dont.

You have yet to come up with any plausible explanation to why he should not return apart from emotion led by blind belief . I would ask you to consider again. There is nothing untoward in changing your mind after being presented with other facts and opinions as well as further observation stand points.

I personally think it matters who is behind Langstone, when it comes to the fact that for years Langstone was an elusive figure that nobody knew anything about (despite some people claiming it was Sam, and others claiming it wasn't). Langstone is a figure we owe a debt to, and I, personally, as I'm sure lots of people do, would like to know who it is we're actually oweing money to (when there is so much doubt surrounding said figure).

I don't know the ins and outs of the Malaysians and their funding - I never claimed to - However, as I've said above, the Malaysians are a different kettle of fish (in my opinion) to the whole Langstone/Sam business.

Until someone presents me with a reason (or reasons) that make me feel like Sam should come back, I'll stick to my guns :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Dafydd wrote:
Lord Chief Justice wrote:I don't think it matters who is behind Langstone at all. Who cares? why should you care? I look forward to why you feel you need to know what " names " loaned Cardiff City large funding on an unsecured basis. Sam has not lied , clearly there are others involved and backing Hammam, but so what ?

Do you know all the ins and out of the Malaysians and there funding? no of course you dont.

You have yet to come up with any plausible explanation to why he should not return apart from emotion led by blind belief . I would ask you to consider again. There is nothing untoward in changing your mind after being presented with other facts and opinions as well as further observation stand points.

I personally think it matters who is behind Langstone, when it comes to the fact that for years Langstone was an elusive figure that nobody knew anything about (despite some people claiming it was Sam, and others claiming it wasn't). Langstone is a figure we owe a debt to, and I, personally, as I'm sure lots of people do, would like to know who it is we're actually oweing money to (when there is so much doubt surrounding said figure).

I don't know the ins and outs of the Malaysians and their funding - I never claimed to - However, as I've said above, the Malaysians are a different kettle of fish (in my opinion) to the whole Langstone/Sam business.

Until someone presents me with a reason (or reasons) that make me feel like Sam should come back, I'll stick to my guns :ayatollah:

Langstone is no different to a bank. Do you need or do you know who is behind your bank? No of course is the answer.

The only difference a bank like Langstone takes larger financial risks in its loans.

As you say you only run as you are well entitled to on your opinion , an opinion not based on any actual substance again though your full right as a football supporter of a football club and I thank you for you recent well educated postings and conversation by way of this forum.

Final question . If Hammam was to return would you still go and watch Cardiff City ? That being the most important factor .

Sun May 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Lord Chief Justice wrote:Final question . If Hammam was to return would you still go and watch Cardiff City ? That being the most important factor .

I would support Cardiff if ANYONE was in our club, including the Riddler. I wouldn't be happy with it, but I support Cardiff City because they are my team.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:24 pm

You have to think of many things when coming to a decision on this.

If Sam didnt arrive at Cardiff would we be pushing for the PL every season? No. But if Sam had been able to carry on would we still have a football club? again no.

I am thankful for what Sam did in terms of academy and promotion. But he very nearly took Cardiff away from all of us and thats why he shouldnt come back!. We should be looking towards the future with TG and VT instead of back and relinking with Hammam.

I dont want him anywhere near our club.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:36 pm

He's an idiot. The stuff he used to come out with was just damn right embarrassing. Yeah you come up with things like ''Everyone makes mistakes, have you ever made a mistake?'' Yes, but so has the Riddler, so you can forgive Sam Hamman but not the Riddler? :? You could say that the Riddler lied, so did Hamman, he said he wasn't Langstone. But if he can work with Cardiff again this Langstone debt suddenly dissapears?

He's a money grabber, look what he did with Wimbledon. Look at the Debt he ran us into. If we wanted someone with passion in the club, why not employ me? I have passion and I probably have more than a business brain on me than Hamman.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:He's an idiot. The stuff he used to come out with was just damn right embarrassing. Yeah you come up with things like ''Everyone makes mistakes, have you ever made a mistake?'' Yes, but so has the Riddler, so you can forgive Sam Hamman but not the Riddler? :? You could say that the Riddler lied, so did Hamman, he said he wasn't Langstone. But if he can work with Cardiff again this Langstone debt suddenly dissapears?

He's a money grabber, look what he did with Wimbledon. Look at the Debt he ran us into. If we wanted someone with passion in the club, why not employ me? I have passion and I probably have more than a business brain on me than Hamman.

Interesting this one .

you state " he's an idiot " then you move to Wimbledon. I would say it would take more than an Idiot to guide Wimbledon to the Premiership from Div 4, is that what you request in your statement " look at what he did to Wimbledon?" interesting .

What money has he grabbed under your conclusion of being a money grabber ?

Look at the debt he ran us into ? is another quote . May i suggest you look at the league position he left the Club in and what playing assets of value he left the Club with.

Why not employ you ? I think I would state on the basis you jump to assumption and don't think matters through.

You have a better business brain, you state . Could I ask are you a Millionaire and prepared to invest in the Club you love ?

Sun May 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Woody, somebody has posted this .

Gwyn

he sold his shareholding in wimbledon football club for 30 million and the ground was actually purchased by safeway for 30 million.

Quick question do you still stand by your statement he's not a very good businessman?

Sun May 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Really don't want him back as all the financial trouble over the last few years is coz of him!
Living way above our means in league 1 etc and all with loans in our name and people think he is a legend but it WEREN'T his money so anyone could have done what he done.
Man Utd, Liverpool etc all doing the the same now and look at the riots they have with their chairman but we still think he saved us but in reality he very nearly put us under!!!
Spending money which we just didn't have.
Keep it like it is now and try and build slow & steady and we will be much better off when we finally do reach the premier league.

Sun May 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Port Talbot Bluebird 1983 wrote:Really don't want him back as all the financial trouble over the last few years is coz of him!
Living way above our means in league 1 etc and all with loans in our name and people think he is a legend but it WEREN'T his money so anyone could have done what he done.
Man Utd, Liverpool etc all doing the the same now and look at the riots they have with their chairman but we still think he saved us but in reality he very nearly put us under!!!
Spending money which we just didn't have.
Keep it like it is now and try and build slow & steady and we will be much better off when we finally do reach the premier league.

I presume you do not understand the basics of finance ? I do not wish to be rude but that is how your posting comes across.

Your refer to " loans" : Do you believe that a person ever comes along and ploughs money into a football club without ring fencing it? For your information the Malaysians do exactly the same.

The fact is he never put us under at all otherwise it would have gone under , there was no knight in white shining armor after Hammam left was there ? yes he had to release and sell some assets such as players to avoid a sticky financial situation but that was it and on top of that he still left with the club top of the Championship after selling those players.

So anyone could have done what he done: - really ? why didn't they then? How come the previous board prior to Hammam take that easy principal you set out?

Because no not many people could have an overdraft with Citibank to the tune of 18 million pounds. Not many people could then repay the loan either.

Sun May 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Dafydd wrote:
Lord Chief Justice wrote:Final question . If Hammam was to return would you still go and watch Cardiff City ? That being the most important factor .

I would support Cardiff if ANYONE was in our club, including the Riddler. I wouldn't be happy with it, but I support Cardiff City because they are my team.

Thank you for your honest reply . So you would still watch under the leadership of Hammam. That would be the case too of those who say he should not return I would imagine .

Could I possibly ask when you actually started attending watching Cardiff City , I take the presumption that's you in your Avatar ? clearly a young man, when would you honestly say you took a large interest in City and start attending on a regular basis ?

Sun May 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Lord Chief Justice wrote:Thank you for your honest reply . So you would still watch under the leadership of Hammam. That would be the case too of those who say he should not return I would imagine .

Could I possibly ask when you actually started attending watching Cardiff City , I take the presumption that's you in your Avatar ? clearly a young man, when would you honestly say you took a large interest in City and start attending on a regular basis ?

I started around the 2004/2005 season. I honestly didn't even know about football until my uncle took me to watch a game (coming from a predominantly rugby-family). From that point on I was hooked.

I can honestly say I didn't know a HUGE amount about what went on in the background, and probably wasn't around to witness the Hammam era in its hayday, but have paid keen attention to whats been going on recently, and done research into how things changed during the Hammam era.

Mon May 23, 2011 12:37 am

Give me the passionate flamboyance of Sam, before the cold and torpid Malaysians.

Now you lot voting otherwise, which period was the most enjoyable? Was it during Sam's reign or has it been since he was forced out?

I know which I enjoyed more!

Mon May 23, 2011 7:26 am

gileos boot boy wrote:Give me the passionate flamboyance of Sam, before the cold and torpid Malaysians.

Now you lot voting otherwise, which period was the most enjoyable? Was it during Sam's reign or has it been since he was forced out?

I know which I enjoyed more!

Since he left, as far as I'm concerned . Yes, Leeds FA Cup was an incredible day as was the play off final win at the Mill Stad but consistently being one of the top sides in the Championship, a new stadium, an FA cup Semi Final win at the home of football and an FA Cup final. Plus crowds have doubled since Hammam left.

Personally I wasn't into Hammam walking around the pitch stuff either. It was self indulgent and unfortunately when Sam was here we were definetely perceived as still a club with a massive hooligan problem. Sam deserves credit for starting the ball rolling but that's about it.