Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NAT JARVIS - CCFC STRIKER!

Sun May 22, 2011 11:33 am

Oh look what I found!

A Cardiff city striker, a youth player, a youngster that Jones didn't give the time of day!

Well my opinion is this: Cardiff City are down to the bare bones now after this seasons failure! Both personnel wise and financially!

Obviously a new manager will have new ideas and want to bring in personnel of his own, but we cannot afford to keep pushing potential talent in youth aside. It is about time we starting giving these Lads a break and start to shine. Nat Jarvis deserves his chance in the first team, some one who is Cardiff! Who will WANT to do well and play for the shirt. We've tried so many avenues under Jones so far, except blooding our young lads.

Well I think we need to start utilising our local youngsters. (nothing to lose huh?)

Look at the likes of Simione Jackson for Norwich - what a season he's had.

Re: NAT JARVIS - CCFC STRIKER!

Sun May 22, 2011 11:36 am

Loaned out to southend and done bugger all

Sun May 22, 2011 11:37 am

i agree! ive said along all we need is youngsters and a few experienced players! then after 1 or 2 seasons we might make the play offs! good post :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Simeon Jackson isn't a young local striker though, he was an established player for Gillingham

Sun May 22, 2011 1:17 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Simeon Jackson isn't a young local striker though, he was an established player for Gillingham

and isn't he Canadian???

Sun May 22, 2011 1:17 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Simeon Jackson isn't a young local striker though, he was an established player for Gillingham

Who was born in Jamaica and grew up in Canada... :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Merlin wrote:Oh look what I found!

A Cardiff city striker, a youth player, a youngster that Jones didn't give the time of day!

Well my opinion is this: Cardiff City are down to the bare bones now after this seasons failure! Both personnel wise and financially!

Obviously a new manager will have new ideas and want to bring in personnel of his own, but we cannot afford to keep pushing potential talent in youth aside. It is about time we starting giving these Lads a break and start to shine. Nat Jarvis deserves his chance in the first team, some one who is Cardiff! Who will WANT to do well and play for the shirt. We've tried so many avenues under Jones so far, except blooding our young lads.

Well I think we need to start utilising our local youngsters. (nothing to lose huh?)

Look at the likes of Simione Jackson for Norwich - what a season he's had.

He's had a few appearances for us -and IMHO looked absolutely crap. Jackson, well its all been said already above.

Give it a season or 2 and some of the 8 City lads in the Wales under 17 side who beat England 4-0 will be coming through, and watching them it looks like there are 3-4 who could make an impression if they continue to develop.

Sun May 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Nat Jarvis isn't any good - Both FIFA and Football Manager say so.

Sun May 22, 2011 4:07 pm

SCORN, CLUTCHING AT STRAWS MORE SCORN, no doubt i will be banned for sayinyg this...how dare i!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2011 4:59 pm

I didn't mean it like that. I meant Norwich have thrown I young player in at the deepend and he's taken the league by storm! Everyone deserves a chance...... I still reckon Jarvis would have done better than bothroyd did in the last 10 games!

Sun May 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Merlin wrote:I didn't mean it like that. I meant Norwich have thrown I young player in at the deepend and he's taken the league by storm! Everyone deserves a chance...... I still reckon Jarvis would have done better than bothroyd did in the last 10 games!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Merlin wrote:I didn't mean it like that. I meant Norwich have thrown I young player in at the deepend and he's taken the league by storm! Everyone deserves a chance...... I still reckon Jarvis would have done better than bothroyd did in the last 10 games!

Who is this youngster that Norwich supposedly gave a chance to? You can't be on about Simeon Jackson because he is around 24 years of age. Nat Jarvis went to southend and did precisely nothing. He did so little in fact that he was sent back early.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Once again another CCFC went out on loan and didn't excatly set the world on fire - in fact he was not very good, even at a lower level - god help at our level.

I really don't want to give a downer on this kid, but DJ will have to make a call on this player soon. I think he will be released.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Blueblood wrote:Once again another CCFC went out on loan and didn't excatly set the world on fire - in fact he was not very good, even at a lower level - god help at our level.

I really don't want to give a downer on this kid, but DJ will have to make a call on this player soon. I think he will be released.

If we're serious about the u21 side, then he'll be kept on in that.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Sorry Merlin you've had a nightmare here fella.

Jackson is not the player you think he is and Jarvis may not be any good - which would, I think, explain why Jones hasn't played him with greater ease than your relatively cynical generalisation of "Jones doesn't give youngsters the time of day".

For what it's worth, I agree with the sentiment, it is worrying that not much youth is coming through, but I think there are other explanations than to say Jones will not play them no matter what.

Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Very harsh to say a 17yr old kid playing his first bout of proffessional football was crap and isn't worth the time of day.

Maybe he didn't take League 1 or 2 by storm but the lad has 3 years till anyone expects him to make a serious dent within football.

Probably alot to early for him yes but no reason not to get him more involved.

Sun May 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Right Nat Jarvis is a kid from Cardiff who grew up when Cardiff were still getting a few thousand crowds and people are criticizing him for being a United fan? Despite being the Under-18 Captain of Cardiff?

No one bitched when Jay was tweeting about his love of Arsenal or anything like that, grow up :roll:

Sun May 29, 2011 10:29 pm

RFMH wrote:Right Nat Jarvis is a kid from Cardiff who grew up when Cardiff were still getting a few thousand crowds and people are criticizing him for being a United fan? Despite being the Under-18 Captain of Cardiff?

No one bitched when Jay was tweeting about his love of Arsenal or anything like that, grow up :roll:

Eh? :?: :?: :?:

Sun May 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Don't get this at all :?
Jarvis, unproven at everylevel.
Didn't Norwich pay something like over 1m for Jackson after an amazing season?

People say give him a chance, why? We had options of Jay, bellers, chops, Parkin.... If Jarvis was played ahead we would have said the managed had lost the plot and is have agreed.