Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TWO OF OUR BIGGEST FAILURES THIS SEASON "

Sun May 22, 2011 9:09 pm

" TWO OF OUR BIGGEST FAILURES THIS SEASON "
other than No Plan B,No Tactics,Gutless,Arrogant etc etc

" RESERVE TEAM " Dave Jones Does Not Believe in them. He puts Gavin Rae,Parkin,Matthews and Fatty Chops on after they have not had Regular football, IF ONLY THEY HAD BEEN FIT.

" OUR FIRST TEAM " Were Never Fit in the first Place and by the 70th Minute were usually exhausted Just My Strong Opinion.

Re: " TWO OF OUR BIGGEST FAILURES THIS SEASON "

Sun May 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Annis, I was boring a lot of people in this part of the world about the fitness (lack of) of the players all season. I've concerns about the fitness coaching at the club. There was never any 2nd gear, the players were just stuck in first most of the time

Sun May 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Yes agreed and look how many points Norwich and QPR gained in the last 5 or 10 minutes of games this season. They went 90 minutes every game. That's the difference between promotion and also rans.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:17 pm

i like burkey but he was knackered against reading in the 2nd leg, thought he could of gone off instead of chopra

Sun May 22, 2011 9:20 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Annis, I was boring a lot of people in this part of the world about the fitness (lack of) of the players all season. I've concerns about the fitness coaching at the club. There was never any 2nd gear, the players were just stuck in first most of the time

Adam, We were Both Spot on in my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 9:22 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Yes agreed and look how many points Norwich and QPR gained in the last 5 or 10 minutes of games this season. They went 90 minutes every game. That's the difference between promotion and also rans.

Don't Tell DJ that, He Said Norwich only kept going as they had 1 extra day to rest their players and DJ thought that was unfair, What about the other 17 games DJ ?

Sun May 22, 2011 9:23 pm

I think the players fitness coaching consisted of Jones telling them to 'dust themselves off and get back on their horses'. When he wasn't playing golf of course.

Joking aside, we conceded many, many late goals this season at crucial times. I think a lot can be put down to the lack of fitness.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:24 pm

To be fair Burkey ran his guts out against Reading so it was no surprise he was knackered. As already said, look at the late goals Norwich scored, their fitness won them matches and got them the extra points needed. In comparison, our lack of fitness allowed us to concede numerous late goals which cost us. I lost count of the number of times DJ said something along the lines of "a little bit of fatigue and then we lost concentration and conceded a late goal". Well if that's why we concede late goals, what was everyone doing about it to get the players fitter to prevent this happening again? Nothing! :(

Sun May 22, 2011 9:24 pm

Jenks wrote:i like burkey but he was knackered against reading in the 2nd leg, thought he could of gone off instead of chopra

Big fan of Burkey, But Yes he was Def Knackered.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:25 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I think the players fitness coaching consisted of Jones telling them to 'dust themselves off and get back on their horses'. When he wasn't playing golf of course.

Joking aside, we conceded many, many late goals this season at crucial times. I think a lot can be put down to the lack of fitness.

Def without a Doubt Adam.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Yes agreed and look how many points Norwich and QPR gained in the last 5 or 10 minutes of games this season. They went 90 minutes every game. That's the difference between promotion and also rans.

Don't Tell DJ that, He Said Norwich only kept going as they had 1 extra day to rest their players and DJ thought that was unfair, What about the other 17 games DJ ?

Norwich gained well over 20 points in the last 10 minutes of games this season - that's a fit side for you and they had loads of bottle which we lacked

Sun May 22, 2011 9:40 pm

jones's decion making.
drinkwater against swansea.. matthews against reading to name a few. we had players playing for us all season who were carrying knocks or hadnt had enough time to get back to match fitness..
whose idea was it not to have reserve games?

Sun May 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" TWO OF OUR BIGGEST FAILURES THIS SEASON "

" RESERVE TEAM " Dave Jones Does Not Believe in them. He puts Gavin Rae,Parkin,Matthews and Fatty Chops on after they have not had Regular football, IF ONLY THEY HAD BEEN FIT.

" OUR FIRST TEAM " Were Never Fit in the first Place and by the 70th Minute were usually exhausted Just My Strong Opinion.

This fitness coach Alex Armstrong is clearly not providing the right fitness training that footballers need. Is he over training them which means they are physically drained and is the number of hamstring injuries we get down to the training?

Sun May 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" TWO OF OUR BIGGEST FAILURES THIS SEASON "

This fitness coach Alex Armstrong is clearly not providing the right fitness training that footballers need. Is he over training them which means they are physically drained and is the number of hamstring injuries we get down to the training?

something went wrong with regards to fitness & the team, like you say the team always looked bolloxed after 70 mins, obviously they aint doing the right training, as the above psoter said qpr & norwich always looked so fit right until the final whistle even swansea looked fitter than us, our team would be on the last legs by 70 mins!!

Then you look at our tactics, it just looks as if we dont do any drills or passing in training to give us that plan b!! shocking really!!

Sun May 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Annis there is a 3rd failure,not knowing when going 1-0 down how to come back and win :roll:

Sun May 22, 2011 11:33 pm

When I went to watch the team train with some American friends, one of them who owns a chain of gyms in San Diego and us a fitness guru, did comment that he thought the warm up and warm downs we used were out of date compared to American methods as they could lead to muscle sprains and fatigue! Not sure if he is right or wrong but he was critical!

Mon May 23, 2011 6:04 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Annis there is a 3rd failure,not knowing when going 1-0 down how to come back and win :roll:

Tony, How could I Forget in 6 years, Only 10 wins from 120 games when going 1 nil down :shock: :o :shock:

Mon May 23, 2011 6:39 am

A lot of the fitness problems comes down to tactical sustitutions, you need to replace key positions at time which are earlier than 80-90 minutes

Like the one that paid off when koumas came on and scored twice, no goo fetching players on with a couple of minutes to go

Mon May 23, 2011 7:27 am

our fitness has looked suspect for many months now. even last season at wembley we were out on our feet.
too often players seem to just fade away during games.
many other failures for this season could be also added, namely the crocks of shit loan players:
jet
koumas
bywater
brown
drinkwater
keogh
best of luck to burke, i believe he always tried, our best performances came when he played well.

bothroyd? shower of 6ft 2 shit. always falling over,will be found out in the premier league within a few months.
but he will have made his money on this move which was apparent after xmas when he stopped playing.

Mon May 23, 2011 9:19 am

like topcat just said and we all know when we 1 down we are bollocksed

Mon May 23, 2011 10:00 am

The training facilities which Jones yearned for years are supposedly second to none outside of the Premiership, why is there a problem with player's fitness when they have these facilities at their disposal, is there a need for a new fitness team with new ideas? :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 11:37 am

nobber wrote:The training facilities which Jones yearned for years are supposedly second to none outside of the Premiership, why is there a problem with player's fitness when they have these facilities at their disposal, is there a need for a new fitness team with new ideas? :ayatollah:

There's a need for a new manager, new players, new coaches, new scouts as well as a new fitness team. Like I said in another post here...before you can get the best team ON the field you have to assemble the best team OFF the field AND THAT STARTS WITH A TOP RATE MANAGER WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING

Mon May 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Not going to argue with you Annis, but I would like to add another "biggest failure".

Loan players.

I think this was a massive factor. We had too many, apart from Bellamy, they had no affinity, passion or commitment to City. We got away with it for a large part of the season, but when the chips were down at the end, you could just see that the majority of them knew that whatever happened they wouldn't be here next season so why bother? And in a way you can't blame them I suppose.

What do you think?

Mon May 23, 2011 12:19 pm

maybe and i do stress the word maybe, but maybe this season wasnt such a failure for us after all..... we have learned alot and we will take that forward now into next season and future seasons, i think we will be getting rid of alot of dead wood and the new in coming manager and his staff will know they are facing a big challenge and one that they will want to take on, players coming here now will no that the fans wont accept anything less than 100% commitment, its been a hard season no doubt but we have to look for small positives other wise it really was a total crap season....... we had some great away days last season, had some great moments at the CCS.... we got some great away days to look forward to next season, we got the best fans in the world, we got carls updates to look forward to, we got annis and his special offers to look forward to........ and one thing is for sure following cardiff city is NEVER dull :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 1:30 pm

Sorry Annis got to disagree on this one, its 60 minutes!

Mon May 23, 2011 4:01 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:A lot of the fitness problems comes down to tactical sustitutions, you need to replace key positions at time which are earlier than 80-90 minutes

Like the one that paid off when koumas came on and scored twice, no good fetching players on with a couple of minutes to go

You may like to find out the time when koumas came on and the time of his two goals. Your comment may not work then.

Mon May 23, 2011 4:48 pm

nobber wrote:The training facilities which Jones yearned for years are supposedly second to none outside of the Premiership, why is there a problem with player's fitness when they have these facilities at their disposal, is there a need for a new fitness team with new ideas? :ayatollah:

Nobby,DJ would not even walk himself down to the training area, use to go in his Buggy, They say lead by example :roll: :roll: