Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE WERE BACK PAGE OF THE SUNDAY MIRROR TODAY...

Sun May 22, 2011 10:30 pm

did anyone happen to read the sunday mirror today? they made it look extremely bleak to any outsider... 40M pounds worth of debt.
we've raised near 20m/20m+ in transfer fee's in 6/7 years and seen bare minumum but the debt is always rising.

even if we dont have to sell up and thin out the side their will be at least 6 teams in a position to bring in and strengthen their squad, push for promotion.

another factor is form often follows you through to the new season, look how QPR finished last term and come back won the league. I can see us bearing down the barrel unless we have a saviour to take us up.

one thing I do beleive is jones is the man to keep us in the division next year. if we haven't got a superb manager I wouldnt take a gamble.

Re: WE WERE BACK PAGE OF THE SUNDAY MIRROR TODAY...

Sun May 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Jones is not the man!!!! He has lost the dressing room, the board and the majority of the fans! He doesn't give a shit about ccfc, the only reason he hasnt gone already is he wants one last big pay off from us! The man is poison and finished here, if he stays next season it will be disastrous and he will be sacked before Xmas! The likes of Bellamy won't put up with this shit again next season!

Mon May 23, 2011 12:00 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:did anyone happen to read the sunday mirror today? they made it look extremely bleak to any outsider... 40M pounds worth of debt.
we've raised near 20m/20m+ in transfer fee's in 6/7 years and seen bare minumum but the debt is always rising.

even if we dont have to sell up and thin out the side their will be at least 6 teams in a position to bring in and strengthen their squad, push for promotion.

another factor is form often follows you through to the new season, look how QPR finished last term and come back won the league. I can see us bearing down the barrel unless we have a saviour to take us up.

one thing I do beleive is jones is the man to keep us in the division next year. if we haven't got a superb manager I wouldnt take a gamble.

NO FECKIN CHANCE !!!

Mon May 23, 2011 12:26 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:if we haven't got a superb manager I wouldnt take a gamble.

Absolutely. There's no point sacking Jones and bringing in a Holloway (two relegations in the last three seasons of his managerial career) or anyone else who is not better than Jones.

Mon May 23, 2011 1:52 am

DaveSheffield wrote:
ccfc_cotta wrote:if we haven't got a superb manager I wouldnt take a gamble.

Absolutely. There's no point sacking Jones and bringing in a Holloway (two relegations in the last three seasons of his managerial career) or anyone else who is not better than Jones.

exactly my point...

when jones come here we were lucky to be in the league, he brought in some fantastic signings we seen the best of koumas and chopra, he brought us whittingham, burke, mcphail johnson, two good keepers, bothroyd!! bellamy, and some big names who may never of come without riddler/jones
these are best players the club has seen in modern days...
I dont think he's got the charateristicts to gain back respect but he could hell surely keep us in the division next term!!