Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would You Have Sacked Jones If...

Mon May 23, 2011 6:17 am

Do you think you would have wanted to sack Jones if he still bottled it but had better man management skills and tactical capabilities? So if he disciplined the players more and got tactical decisions right, would you still want him gone or was it the fact his man management and tactical side to the game was so poor that is the reason for you wanting him gone?

Yes, if he had better man management and tactical awareness then we would probably be in the Premiership by now but think of this theoretically.

Re: Would You Have Sacked Jones If...

Mon May 23, 2011 6:34 am

I think the reason he's top of everyone's hitlist is the fact that he's moaned year after year that he's always had one hand tied behind his back and this season he was given the full backing of the board to go out and get the players HE thought we needed to get automatic promotion.
His failure to discipline the players and his treatment of certain individals (Matthews, Gerrard) makes me sick

Everyone's harping on about how the Boro game cost us promotion but in my opinion it was his failure to notice how bad Lee Naylor was and playing him every week when he was having a new arse torn by everyone he marked that cost us promotion

Mon May 23, 2011 6:38 am

Jonesyccfc1 wrote:I think the reason he's top of everyone's hitlist is the fact that he's moaned year after year that he's always had one hand tied behind his back and this season he was given the full backing of the board to go out and get the players HE thought we needed to get automatic promotion.
His failure to discipline the players and his treatment of certain individals (Matthews, Gerrard) makes me sick

Everyone's harping on about how the Boro game cost us promotion but in my opinion it was his failure to notice how bad Lee Naylor was and playing him every week when he was having a new arse torn by everyone he marked that cost us promotion

My thoughts exactly. Naylor cost us the amount of points that we missed out on promotion by. I also believe his poor performances were down to the player's lack of agility and fitness which should have been addressed by training. The general fitness of our team is appalling which is why, controversially, I am going to say the entire backroom staff should go with Jones. Margetson is a terrible goalkeeping coach in my eyes. Burton talks a good game and has a lot of fans in the supporter base but is he really that good if our fitness, agility, cohesion and the majority of our players' first touch is so bad???

Mon May 23, 2011 8:23 am

Zabier wrote:
Jonesyccfc1 wrote:I think the reason he's top of everyone's hitlist is the fact that he's moaned year after year that he's always had one hand tied behind his back and this season he was given the full backing of the board to go out and get the players HE thought we needed to get automatic promotion.

My thoughts exactly. Naylor cost us the amount of points that we missed out on promotion by. I also believe his poor performances were down to the player's lack of agility and fitness which should have been addressed by training. The general fitness of our team is appalling which is why, controversially, I am going to say the entire backroom staff should go with Jones. Margetson is a terrible goalkeeping coach in my eyes. Burton talks a good game and has a lot of fans in the supporter base but is he really that good if our fitness, agility, cohesion and the majority of our players' first touch is so bad???

I have said for ages Margetson is a dreadfull goal keeping coaching we need a complete clear out Jones and all the back room staff.