Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I can't believe we've released Burke

Mon May 23, 2011 11:40 am

We were never going to be able to realistically hold on the Bothroyd, we can all accept that but to let Burkey leave for nothing is criminal. Granted his form has been average this season but he is still a very good Championship winger. I can't imagine his wage demands were too high either. Sort it out city, we've got virtually nothing left!!!

Re: I can't believe we've released Burke

Mon May 23, 2011 11:42 am

He wouldn't sign a new contract so what could we do? It's been rumoured for a while that he wants to go back to Scotland anyway, so it was never 100% that he was going to stay.

I, too, wish he had stayed though

Mon May 23, 2011 11:43 am

I hope he does go back up north or else he's been proven to be another piss taker ?? Sorry for being cynical but this is CCFC at the end of the day :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 11:47 am

He wanted 25k a week to sign!! Another mercenary!!! goodbye, no time for mercs i want peoplethat wont hold club to ransom and want to play for US!

Mon May 23, 2011 11:48 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I hope he does go back up north or else he's been proven to be another piss taker ?? Sorry for being cynical but this is CCFC at the end of the day :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

I reckon he'll end up at Birmingham - McLeish is a big fan and has tried to get him before.

Mon May 23, 2011 11:50 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:He wanted 25k a week to sign!! Another mercenary!!! goodbye, no time for mercs i want peoplethat wont hold club to ransom and want to play for US!

Makes you feel sick if that's the case, i'm sick of players demanding wages that they simply dont justify - if it was Kevin McNaughton you could understant as he would warrant being a top earner.

Mon May 23, 2011 11:53 am

I can't imagine Burke demanding £25k. He's way too humble.

He refused a new contract because of his family issues. I'm adamant he wanted to have it all sorted and wanted to stay but ultimately family comes first. I'm not overly gutted he's leaving because he was very hit and miss plus he never seemed 100% fit. Even when he was fit he would rarely go for more than 75 mins. Perhaps that's more our coaching staff's problems though.

I'm sad to see him leave but not devastated.

Mon May 23, 2011 11:55 am

we got taiwo back tho :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 23, 2011 11:55 am

BURKEY gone so leaves us with , WHITTS (bottler) MCPHAIL (passed it ) BLAKE (hasn't got much more to offer tha he's already showed) (WILDIG) RAE (retired)

we pan out like this

................heaton.....................

macnaughton keinan hudson quinn

................Gerrard..................

Wildig Mcphail Whittingham

Parkin Chopra

Mon May 23, 2011 12:00 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:BURKEY gone so leaves us with , WHITTS (bottler) MCPHAIL (passed it ) BLAKE (hasn't got much more to offer tha he's already showed) (WILDIG) RAE (retired)

we pan out like this

Parkin Chopra

It's scary, we need to bring in AT LEAST 4 new midfielders!!!
Despite all this im strangly looking really forward to next season.

Mon May 23, 2011 12:02 pm

who decides on the retained list if as it is said jones is leaving should the new man coming in whoever it may be decide who goes and who he wants to keep,the way things are panning out i think we might all be in for a shock and that jones will be given another year :evil: :evil: :evil: what if the new man coming in sopposedly } is a long term admirer of burke?

Mon May 23, 2011 12:15 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:BURKEY gone so leaves us with , WHITTS (bottler) MCPHAIL (passed it ) BLAKE (hasn't got much more to offer tha he's already showed) (WILDIG) RAE (retired)

we pan out like this

..........Gerrard........Blake...........

Bellamy Mcphail Whittingham

Chopra

Fixed and that side would win the league. NQAT!

Bellamy will stay. NQAT.

Mon May 23, 2011 12:19 pm

we pan out like this

Parkin Chopra

To be fair, Whittingham was one of the ones who didn't bottle it this year and seemed to want to take us up by giving everything.

Mon May 23, 2011 12:27 pm

25K a week and he can't cross a f*cking bun!! Good ridance

Mon May 23, 2011 1:52 pm

thought he had a crap season didnt look interested last he played well this year he was else where :shock:

Mon May 23, 2011 2:02 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:thought he had a crap season didnt look interested last he played well this year he was else where :shock:

I agree and I'm amazed that people are surprised we're letting him go. Last season he was excellent but this season, even when he was running around, his end product was virtually zilch and his shooting on a par with Rae.

Sometimes players reach the end of their shelf-life and it appears that's what has happened here. I have no ill-feeling towards Burkey but I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep that we'll be without him next season.

Mon May 23, 2011 4:03 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
ANDYBLUE wrote:thought he had a crap season didnt look interested last he played well this year he was else where :shock:

I agree and I'm amazed that people are surprised we're letting him go. Last season he was excellent but this season, even when he was running around, his end product was virtually zilch and his shooting on a par with Rae.

Sometimes players reach the end of their shelf-life and it appears that's what has happened here. I have no ill-feeling towards Burkey but I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep that we'll be without him next season.

Agreed

Mon May 23, 2011 4:21 pm

go get nathan tyson top player at this level