Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Leadership

Mon May 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Once the dream of automatic promotion was dented by QPR equalising and the subsequent home defeat to Boro, it seemed to me that everything went very flat...we still had a great chance by winning the play offs but I felt that the club, the players and even us fans were in the wrong mindset altogether.

Anyway that is now gone and after major investment in giving it another go, we have seen that money dissapear into thin air leaving us more debt and even less assets.

So what now?

That is where we need strong leadership and direction and I just do not see where it is going to come from...the Malaysians are not the overall owners of the club, the other shareholders have shown in the past that they are not really football men(apart from Borley) and they have had their pot of gold from the stadium so why would they now invest money into new players?

What I would hope to see at least is someone taking overall control of things, I wish Tan or TG would commit to at least 51% of the shares and then put someone in charge to control the club...that could even be Gethin Jones but someone has to be there to lead on behalf of the shareholders.

If we consolidate and stay in the Championship next season we could easily lose half our current season ticket holders the following year...I am not trying to be negative andf I do not know what the answer is but we have a thin squad left now after the retained list and we need at least 8 players probably 10 for next season and we just do not seem to have any direction from the top?

Re: Leadership

Mon May 23, 2011 12:51 pm

So I take that the retained list is all the work of Jones at the mo , what's left doesnt add up to much on the CCFC assets list anymore does it ?

Mon May 23, 2011 12:56 pm

The retained list was obvious and i think any manger would have done the same.........we keep on saying about the malaysians and no money blah blah, thing is they may saym we have barely any players, we've invested £18m so fa, they may just invest heavily with the RIGHT manager to give promotion another crack....ala QPR and warnock.

Mon May 23, 2011 12:57 pm

There is no point talking about new players etc - until the Jones issue has been resolved.
Any new players need to come from a new manager, else we are handicapping the new man before he has even started his job.
THIS ALL DEPENDS on whether Jones is actually going.
The retained list doesnt mean that much at the moment - players not agreeing on a contract - is to do with the club not the manager.
If new players start arriving from the begining of June - then I guess that means Jones is here for another go (how many does he need ?)
Time to fall on your sword Dave