Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Cheapest Way of Getting Rid of Dave Jones

Mon May 23, 2011 12:47 pm

No, I don't mean a bag full of cash for someone to blast him off the face of the earth. It is quite simple really and a method used by Paladini to get rid of Holloway from QPR in 2006. You simply put the guy on gardening leave. He continues to receive his full pay, allowing Cardiff City to appoint a new manager, but the quandary for Jones would be that he would not be allowed to get another job without the agreement from Cardiff City to cancel his contract. This way it would be likely that he would get a new job within a couple of months and City then would not need to pay his compensation package.

By the way, I think it is excellent that the Cardiff City fan has the likes of Carl and Annis who have the inside ear on happenings at CCS, good or bad, but honest and to the point, keeping you all informed and managing your expectations, (although for some of you, still doesn't stop you getting carried away) ;)

Wish we had a couple of people at QPR like that. Instead we have a wank website run by a poodle of Paladini, known as QBlockPete, or to most as Orville, spouting total bollox, spreading rumours just to increase the hit rate on the site and basically misleading the more gullible of the QPR supporting fraternity. Well done Carl and Annis.

Re: The Cheapest Way of Getting Rid of Dave Jones

Mon May 23, 2011 12:54 pm

I can see that happening some time next week if DJ hasnt resigned.....although this indicates a lack of respect by the club, if DJ doesnt go i find it a complete lack of respect by him, so fair game then

Mon May 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Agreed about Carl and Annis.

Just one thing that makes this such a great forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46497

Mon May 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Gardening leave, great idea, he can sort out the pitch whilst he's got his wellies on at the same time!