Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our aim for the next season or two should be mid-table.

Mon May 23, 2011 4:51 pm

In my opinion. We've got a lot of things to sort out behind the scenes, with the set up of the club, the finances etc etc.

We should all just accept that we're not going to be looking at promotion, but are instead going to be securing the long term future of the club.

Re: Our aim for the next season or two should be mid-table.

Mon May 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Let's wait and see who we get in as our new Manager first -

then when we know that we can decide on where we're likely to be at the end of next season

Mon May 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Maybe expectations should be midtable but the aim has to be promotion IMO

Mon May 23, 2011 5:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Maybe expectations should be midtable but the aim has to be promotion IMO

Agreed. There is always the possibility of sneaking into the playoffs from a poor position, given a good run of form. No matter what next season, that should be what we aspire to.

Mon May 23, 2011 5:44 pm

I'd be happy with a mid-table whoever our new manager will be. As you said, a lot of 'behind the scenes' business to take care of and that take priority over the football as we don't want to be a club in administration. :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 5:46 pm

I would be happy if we are playing championship football by end of next season the way things are atm :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Ste_W wrote:In my opinion. We've got a lot of things to sort out behind the scenes, with the set up of the club, the finances etc etc.

We should all just accept that we're not going to be looking at promotion, but are instead going to be securing the long term future of the club.

at last a sensible post..

Mon May 23, 2011 5:57 pm

id just be happy to see a bit of fight and fire,the right attitude on and off the pitch and the old cardiff city way of togetherness between the players and fans