Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big thanks to Chris Burke

Mon May 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Hats off to Chris Burke
whether he would read this forum or not
i would like to thank him for his work ethic at city, his determination and regular exciting moments

he really was a player that us fans loved because of his never say die attitude

good luck for the future burkey!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Big thanks to Chris Burke

Mon May 23, 2011 5:21 pm

eighty_8 wrote:Hats off to Chris Burke
i would like to thank him for his work ethic at city, his determination and regular exciting moments

:ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 pm

thanks Chris - so much better than Bothroyd and Chopra :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good luck for the future :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 5:31 pm

would of loved him to stay all the best burkie

Mon May 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Always gave his best and never ever deserved to be dropped for the Jacks game last November. Good luck Chris where ever you end up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 5:36 pm

The ginger ronaldo :ayatollah: anyone at the back of the canton 106 will know wot i mean :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 pm

jones never played him enough after christmas twice the player JET is.YOU WILL BE MISSED BURKEY GOOD LUCK WHO EVER GETS HIM IS GETTING A GREAT PLAYER WHO ALWATS GIVES %110 I WISH WE HAD A FEW MORE LIKE HIM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: he plays on the right he plays on the left that man chris burke i miss sing that

Mon May 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Spot On!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 5:55 pm

will miss him a lot, wasnt himself this season but highly influential i n getting us all the way to wembley last year,a genuinly nice man aswell would never have heard burkey going on the piss before a game,always had time for the fans

Mon May 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Realise that he needed to get closer to his Boy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
But one question i would like to ask or find out is had we gone up :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah i know!! would he of stayed ?

Mon May 23, 2011 6:21 pm

cheers burkey :ayatollah: all the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 6:38 pm

It's Sad, we need players like Burke give 100% every game. Good Luck Pal.

Mon May 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Always committed to his game even when his personal life needed more

knew this man in a non playing way - true family man - respectable - polite

and yet another player over looked - hope he is happy in his new club

GOOD LUCK CHRIS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mon May 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Realise that he needed to get closer to his Boy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
But one question i would like to ask or find out is had we gone up :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah i know!! would he of stayed ?

good question that?

Mon May 23, 2011 8:25 pm

"He plays on the Left, he plays on the right, that man called Chris Burke makes Routledge look shite" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Thanks for the good times ALL THE BEST.

Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Completely agree.

I worked for the Rangers ticket office when he broke through into the Rangers team back in 2004, and him and Thommo were the only ones who were not to "high and mighty" to come in and pick up their comp tickets and spend time chatting to the staff. When he signed for City, not only did I know we was getting a top player, but a geniune nice guy, hard working and give everything player.

He didn't look himself this year, maybe it was lack of confidence, maybe it was not being comfortable to play how he was being asked to, maybe the personal issues caught up with him but whatever, whenever he got the ball there was always a buzz around the City fans who knew he could produce a bit of magic.

Good luck Chris mate, know your family mean more than money to you, and for that you have to respect the man. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks Burke, good luck where ever you go :ayatollah: