Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy Transfer

Mon May 23, 2011 10:06 pm

The dust has settled on the season and things are already starting to happen, Bothroyd and Burke leaving along with a few others and DJ apparently being offered a 3 year contract at West Ham.

Quite a few rumours going around about Bellamy as well, will he come back or not??

Like all City fans I would love to see Bellamy back playing next season but sitting in work today I was thinking that we will have to buy quite a few players to strenghten the squad for next season. And at the moment it's unclear what sort of budget the Malaysians will stump up for our transfer kitty. So if the budget we have isn't the biggest is it worth spending £4m, which was the reported sum in Carl's updated last night (great post by the way), on 1 player.

Both parties want it to happen but it's alot of money to spend on 1 player, if the kitty is a smaller one. Would we rather see us strenghten the squad by getting in a number of quality players or sign Bellamy and bring in players on free transfers etc.

Anyone share a view on this??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Bellamy Transfer

Mon May 23, 2011 10:14 pm

I want Bellamy to be signed for us - he will be the heart and sould of the club and vital that we do whatever we need to to get him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Bellers wants to start here next season,i have posted this on many threads with the reasons :ayatollah:

We just have to wait and see how things work out with Man City - Manchini - Bellers :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 12:06 am

if DJ does go "fingers crossed" he will i think Chops will be following him so i think we could get atleast 2.5-3m for him which could come in handy and hopefully that 4m transfer kitty is true :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 12:12 am

jeffroyal wrote:if DJ does go "fingers crossed" he will i think Chops will be following him so i think we could get atleast 2.5-3m for him which could come in handy and hopefully that 4m transfer kitty is true :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can't see Chops going to London,if Chops was to go it would be north not east imo.

Tue May 24, 2011 6:20 am

I think that Chopra through the following has managed to seriously deflate his worth:

1. His obvious drinking and gambling problems. What sort of manager would like this kind of influence in their drawing room?
2. His obvious lack of fitness and the fact that he cannot manage a decent number of games in a season.
3. His lack of goals last year.

No manager in their right mind would pay £2-3million for him, you would be lucky to get £500,000 now and that would be a gamble, excuse the pun.

Tue May 24, 2011 6:46 am

I think they should sign Bellas and bring in free transfers. Have you seen the players that are available, on a free transfer?

There is beye, woodgate, marlon king, Lee bowyer, roe Coker and I'm sure that there will be plenty more. Use the players wages from last year(loanees and bothroyd and Burke). Perfect signings I say.
:ayatollah: