Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

malaysians and their future role

Wed May 25, 2011 9:31 am

without them we would have gone to the wall, hm taxes etc.
season ticket sales are at their best ever, so how do they move forward?
we have a good grounding with monies now in at the right time ie season ticket money, but the creditors?
do they pay them off and then there is nothing left for the manager?
take the norwich route?
could be lucky could also be unlucky if they chose a lower league replacement or someone unknown.
every time it comes down to money.
with an experienced manager and a usefull budget is probably the best chance.
do they want a championship or a premier league team.
again it comes down to money.
somehow i think they will choose the carefull route and try building a team and its players with a moderate budget.
think we are in for some mid table mediocrity, then we will see how many fans we have?
all a vicous circle.
the dj scenario must be resolved this week though, if we are to have any chance of building a team with the best free transfers.

Re: malaysians and their future role

Wed May 25, 2011 9:48 am

I think we should.

1-Get 4/5 decent Hungry players who are mad for it!
2-Get a Point to Prove Decent Manager (the Watford manager)
3-Get the Hooters Girls to come on pitch every home game.

Simples....

Wed May 25, 2011 9:57 am

Agree Jules, especially point 3 :D :D :D Also agree with Fred, could be looking at midtable for few years whilst we rebuild, not a bad thing though :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 am

it is very easy to go from play offs to relegation in this division, just look at sheff utd and preston.
they cannot cost cut where it does not give the manger a fighting chance.
we could quite easily lose 10k off our fan base, and would anyone be surprised if this did happen.
cannot understand if the malaysians want premier league football why they are pussy footing around?
surely vincent tan has a few associates to come on board to share the expense?
if not we will streadily take backward steps as has been proven in the past.

Wed May 25, 2011 11:04 am

I would prefer not to pay any debts, because the ground is not worth the money but the land is, so the company building that built the ground would lose loads of money. We havent really any sellable assets remaining. We could go into administration even if it means dropping down leagues, then the Malaysians could buy us debt free and pump money into the club as a business.
This may not be the solution but just an idea.
Why buy a business (the Malaysians) when CCFC are millions and millions in debt and losing money - doesnt make sense to me.