Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WARNINGS AND BANS WILL HAPPEN ON HERE "

Wed May 25, 2011 7:53 pm

This board has grown bigger and faster than I ever imagined it would in such short space time, the vast majority respect each others posts and opinions but I have noticed in recent times that there has been a fair share of sarcasm, name calling and bitchiness creeping into to peoples posts and responses.

This forum prides itself on the fact that everyone has their say and their right to say it but you cannot get personnel towards anyone else on the board.

It will not be tolerated and warnings are already being handed out by the moderators.

If a poster has to banned then they will be, this will be stamped out.

This board is not a board for in-fighting but a board for debate, use it for that reason and there will be no issues to address.

The majority will continue to have a great time on this board but those of you who wish to persist with your childish and unwanted behaviour have been warned, please heed this warning.

Re: WARNINGS AND BANS WILL HAPPEN ON HERE

Wed May 25, 2011 7:56 pm

carlccfc wrote:This board has grown bigger and faster than I ever imagined it would in such short space time, the vast majority respect each others posts and opinions but I have noticed in recent times that there has been a fair share of sarcasm, name calling and bitchiness creeping into to peoples posts and responses.

This forum prides itself on the fact that everyone has their say and their right to say it but you cannot get personnel towards anyone else on the board.

It will not be tolerated and warnings are already being handed out by the moderators.

This board is not a board for in-fighting but a board for debate, use it for that reason and there will be no issues to address.

The majority will continue to have a great time on this board but those of you who wish to persist with your childish and unwanted behaviour have been warned, please heed this warning.

Can we still resort to sarcasm, name calling and bitchiness along with getting personal towards DJ til he leaves!? :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 pm

You could look at some of the rubbish posted on the Chelsea info mate...it should not be tainted by comments from people who have no clue what them lads are going through, I think it would benefit things to delete some of the bad posts on that thread

Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 pm

corky wrote:You could look at some of the rubbish posted on the Chelsea info mate...it should not be tainted by comments from people who have no clue what them lads are going through, I think it would benefit things to delete some of the bad posts on that thread

Will do Corky, cheers

Re: " WARNINGS AND BANS WILL HAPPEN ON HERE "

Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 pm

sorry for my sarcastic post, won't happen again. :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 8:44 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:16 pm

So all those who don't want sam back or express views his tenure was the reason we are in this mess can expect a ban soon ?

Wed May 25, 2011 9:19 pm

B60bluebirds wrote:So all those who don't want sam back or express views his tenure was the reason we are in this mess can expect a ban soon ?

Nope, you get banned for personal insults.

Wed May 25, 2011 9:21 pm

B60bluebirds wrote:So all those who don't want sam back or express views his tenure was the reason we are in this mess can expect a ban soon ?

Carl said "there has been a fair share of sarcasm, name calling and bitchiness creeping into peoples posts and responses" and "This forum prides itself on the fact that everyone has their say and their right to say it but you cannot get personal towards anyone else on the board." Seems clear enough to me that Carl's saying everyone has a right to give their opinion whether it's pro or anti Sam Hammam, as long as everyone behaves theirselves.

Wed May 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

spot on Ian :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:26 pm

I Will know when i have overstepped the mark when either Milly or Baz gives me a warning :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Hope i did'nt insult anyone, by my @top 10 posters" thread!!!
love this place, be gutted!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

this.

I got a warning for sarcasm and I was sarcastic so deserved it.

no point in me moaning about it because it was deserved tbf.

I've always found this forum to be reasonable in terms of discipline. The only other forum in terms of discipline that is near is TSR which is also good.

Wed May 25, 2011 9:32 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

this.

I got a warning for sarcasm and I was sarcastic so deserved it.

no point in me moaning about it because it was deserved tbf.

I've always found this forum to be reasonable in terms of discipline. The only other forum in terms of discipline that is near is TSR which is also good.

TBF a lot of my posts can be seen to be sarcastic or a piss take. Just make sure you put a smiley on the end then you should be OK :lol: kapesh

Wed May 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I Will know when i have overstepped the mark when either Milly or Baz gives me a warning :lol: :lol: :lol:

No chief, you just wont be able to log in :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Milly is the exception as he only understands sarcasm... Dont you Milly :)

Good post tho Carl, some real nonsense on here today.
No reason why people can't put a point across in a decent way and that's includes everyone :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:42 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I Will know when i have overstepped the mark when either Milly or Baz gives me a warning :lol: :lol: :lol:

No chief, you just wont be able to log in :lol:

You can't ban me i came second in Supercoops top ten Poll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Milly is the exception as he only understands sarcasm... Dont you Milly :)

No reason why people can't put a point across in a decent way and that's includes everyone :ayatollah:

yep i understand it.
jones is a superb man manager (do you understand sarcasm luke) :lol:
what have i missed today then? :cry:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:41 pm

listen steve leave the sarcasm and witty comments at the door when you log in mate!! i will ban you :roll: :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:43 pm

milly44 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Milly is the exception as he only understands sarcasm... Dont you Milly :)

yep i understand it.
jones is a superb man manager (do you understand sarcasm luke) :lol:
what have i missed today then? :cry:

Your almost as funny as me ;) :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:52 pm

milly44 wrote:

listen steve leave the sarcasm and witty comments at the door when you log in mate!! i will ban you :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And who is going to keep an eye on Sarcy Mods Chief :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 11:01 pm

whos a sarcastic mod chief, its the lowest form of wit :roll: :P

Wed May 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Racist abuse by Baz & Milly regarding the word 'POTATOEEEEES'

Thu May 26, 2011 10:00 am

The problem is - you are going to have the same problem as the other board, if certain posters want to wreck they will probably keep on doing so. All you end up doing is fighting fires - ie acting after the event by deleting posts and deleting users. They can however easily re register and do it all again - unfortunatley. You'll then have the same issue as Mike Morris - someone starts to threaten legal action every time their name is mentioned - and the whole becomes unworkable - and you'll end up with a lot of admin work.
It you made people regsiter their mobile number - then maybe you could call them up if they misbehave - but I guess that would have to be for everyone here - not just certain people

Thu May 26, 2011 10:41 am

Carl - no offense meant in my post. Sarcasm stops here.

Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

HarryParsnip wrote:The problem is - you are going to have the same problem as the other board, if certain posters want to wreck they will probably keep on doing so. All you end up doing is fighting fires - ie acting after the event by deleting posts and deleting users. They can however easily re register and do it all again - unfortunatley. You'll then have the same issue as Mike Morris - someone starts to threaten legal action every time their name is mentioned - and the whole becomes unworkable - and you'll end up with a lot of admin work.
It you made people regsiter their mobile number - then maybe you could call them up if they misbehave - but I guess that would have to be for everyone here - not just certain people

You cant make posters register their mobile numbers to use a message board , thats a serious invasion of privacy , totally out of order , so forget that .

Thu May 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Can you please clarify if the above rules apply to our six fingered neighbours?

Thu May 26, 2011 1:24 pm

I guess the same rules apply for everyone - apart from someone calling themselves xxxJack , you will never know they are until they post.

As already said - it is very very easy to break a msgboard down into meaningless drivel (look at the CCMB Mike Morris's site)
To stop it - you need to have the board manned by Mods all the time, the more populr this board becomes then it'll have the same issues Mike Morris and Co

Thu May 26, 2011 2:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:This board has grown bigger and faster than I ever imagined it would in such short space time, the vast majority respect each others posts and opinions but I have noticed in recent times that there has been a fair share of sarcasm, name calling and bitchiness creeping into to peoples posts and responses.

Oh well I'll have to rip it up and start again..... ;)

Thu May 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Nukes i dont even come in the top 10 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: so yes i may well ban all those who have scorned me :D :D ;)