Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sunderland Want Bellers.

Wed May 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Sunderland want to sign Bellers for next season,along with 3 other strikers.

Demba Ba (WHU) DJ Campbell (BLACKPOOL) Charles N'Zobia (WIGAN),Are the others.

Sunderland have £25M From the Darren Bent sale to play with,for next season.

Danny Welbeck has returned to Man Utd and Fraizer Campbell is out for another 12 months.

I have said all a long i still see Bellers here next season if he does not make the 25 man squad at Man City.

Re: Sunderland Want Bellers.

Wed May 25, 2011 10:15 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Sunderland want to sign Bellers for next season,along with 3 other strikers.

Demba Ba (WHU) DJ Campbell (BLACKPOOL) Charles N'Zobia (WIGAN),Are the others.

Sunderland have £25M From the Darren Bent sale to play with,for next season.

Danny Welbeck has returned to Man Utd and Fraizer Campbell is out for another 12 months.

I have said all a long i still see Bellers here next season if he does not make the 25 man squad at Man City.

Tony that is an awful long drive every day from the Vale :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Bellers said a couple of weeks ago. If he didn't want to go to another prem club last season why would he this season.

I agree, i don't see him being in man city's 25 man so will be back.

Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 pm

money talks so it'll depend on what he's offered.

Wed May 25, 2011 10:20 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:money talks so it'll depend on what he's offered.

Not really, man city have to pay him wage next season. If he isn't in there 25 man squad then they will loan him out and he will only come to us

Wed May 25, 2011 10:21 pm

He has said many times that the only two teams he'll play for now are Cardiff City and Manchester City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:25 pm

He will play only for Man City or Cardiff City next season! Those were Bellers words.
If Man City do not want to keep him, which is likely then they will demand a fee of 4 mil for Bellers to buy him. :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:29 pm

The Sunderland fans on their messageboards,are all for him to go to Sunderland :roll:

Sunderland are not a threat to the top 5-6 in the Premier League,so Man City would listen to their offer :o

But i know and as posted by others its Man City or Cardiff for Bellers,Not even Neil Lennon could get Bellers back to Celtic.

Bellers is a Bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Said it before. If Bellers is staying as a long term strategic fixture with us then for me it's is better than a potential "balloon" promotion for this season IMO. Winning attitude personified, he's done it all and has nothing to prove and wants his family quality of life in the Vale whilst also driving the club forward in the long term. A true-Bluebird that has come home to roost I hope & he knows that the fans are 100% behind him as he is the real deal. Of course, there is the Man City/money issue but if I was a very wealthy Malaysian looking for a medium-to-very long term business return, I would certainly not be losing out on securing this future legend. The man has done very well in his career and has nothing to prove in the top flight so I think (hope!) that the equation is boiled down to quality of life/real potential/deal-making. It can never be down to a single player but he is just such an asset, for all the right reasons. And once Fred's statue is up, I will be leading the Bellers statue campaign if this all happens. Craig - we f'ing love you and to our Malaysian friends - he is gold-dust - find a way through this and we will all be winners! Love this F'Ing club! :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 11:33 pm

if Sunderland go in with an offer there is only one way for us to trump it.

we cant match the wages he wants but we could pay him a salary as player/manager and he'd have control as well as gaining experience. We could then get someone like Wilkins to assist him like he did with Ancelotti.

if he rejects Sunderland and man city lose out on a transfer fee for him it's very likely they'll just make him sit his contract out by taking the 'we'll be awkward if you are' approach.

Thu May 26, 2011 7:47 pm

[quote="TopCat CCFC"]The Sunderland fans on their messageboards,are all for him to go to Sunderland :roll:

Sunderland are not a threat to the top 5-6 in the Premier League,so Man City would listen to their offer :o

But i know and as posted by others its Man City or Cardiff for Bellers,Not even Neil Lennon could get Bellers back to Celtic.

Bellers is a Bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote

i can see bellers at celtic dont worry about that

Thu May 26, 2011 7:52 pm

clintysablue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:The Sunderland fans on their messageboards,are all for him to go to Sunderland :roll:

Bellers is a Bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote

i can see bellers at celtic dont worry about that

Welcome clintysablue :ayatollah: What makes you think that Bellers will be at Cetic :?:

I have sad all along,clubs can show an interest in Bellers,but IMO He will be here next season :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 8:00 pm

he loves celtic he said in the past that was the happiest hes been in football and neil lennon was down here the other week

Thu May 26, 2011 9:28 pm

clintysablue wrote:he loves celtic he said in the past that was the happiest hes been in football and neil lennon was down here the other week

Spot on with Lennon being down here,i am led to belive that Mr Lennon will be back down here again next month.
Was quiet taken back by the welcome he got from the City fans at the ground and at a Cardiff local pub that night :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 5:29 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
clintysablue wrote:he loves celtic he said in the past that was the happiest hes been in football and neil lennon was down here the other week

Spot on with Lennon being down here,i am led to belive that Mr Lennon will be back down here again next month.
Was quiet taken back by the welcome he got from the City fans at the ground and at a Cardiff local pub that night :ayatollah:

more or less any manager could walk into a pub in cardiff and have people all over them.. :lol:

Fri May 27, 2011 5:59 am

jinks-rct wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

more or less any manager could walk into a pub in cardiff and have people all over them.. :lol:

Did anyone hand him any letters :dontknow:

Fri May 27, 2011 8:57 pm

I See that Sky Bet have a market on Bellers next club.

Bellers was 2-9 to join Sunderland about a few hours ago,now 4-9. ;)

The info i posted a few days ago was correct,as these odss now show.

Both Cardiff and Tottenham have come in from 5-1 to 3-1.

I Still belive in what Bellers has told us,that he wants to be at Cardiff next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 1:08 am

We don't need to trump anyone's offer. Our advantage is out location.
Mancini staying to me means we have HUGE chance as long as it's what bellers wants.

Tue May 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Just checked with SkyBet, Bellers still 3-1 to join us after all thats been said on many a thread the last few days :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Interesting development tonight,after Mark Hughes has left Fulham,and looking like the next Aston Villa Manager.

SkyBet have Aston Villa at 9-4 to sign Bellers,with Sunderland still the 4-6 Favs.

We are still 3-1 to get Bellers back here...If you are to belive Craig its Man City or Cardiff City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:53 pm

The same Craig who said he supported Liverpool and loves Liverpool? The same Craig who got wet over joining Celtic?

Don't get me wrong, I cannot thank Craig enough for his commitment this season but after the way players have been in the media and then moving on, I can't take what he says seriously.

The only way I'll be able to take what he says seriously is if a deal is completed for him to come here. Until then, I still think its quite possible he'll go elsewhere.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 58753.html

Like I said, hes been great for us and in my opinion he gets too much flak but at the end of the day, money talks in 99% of cases.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Talk in some papers today of Bellers going on loan again or even a Free transfer to a club.

The latest teams to want Bellers are Bolton : Everton : Stoke City and Celtic.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:13 pm

bellamy is a bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:17 pm

they can want all they like ....they aint f*cking having him!!!!.......simple

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Just spent 2 of the best hours of my recent life tonight with a few old friends from school and Craig Bellamy :ayatollah:

Spoke to Bellers about all things Cardiff,the manager,players,fans,how the club will look next season and beyond :ayatollah:

I gave him my word that most of what was said would stay in that room,as i hope to share the same time with him again :ayatollah:

What i will say is that Bellers will have a holiday soon,then report back to Man City,and then be back with us at Cardiff,if he is not in that 25 man squad.

He feels that he has more than 1 season in him,and would love to see this club in the Premier League as a player or 1 day a coach :ayatollah:

I See that SkyBet have Bellers at 1-2 to be at Cardiff by next September ;) Ihope they are right :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:33 pm

To update those who have had a bet on Bellers,where he will be playing his football after the summer window (september).

Not much has changed with us still the FAVS at 4-7 : SUNDERLAND 3-1 : STOKE CITY 9-2 And the surprised team is now CHELSEA at 9-2.

Bellers is in the USA at the momment and will be back in this country on Sunday 3rd July...Then its off to MAN CITY :roll:
Unless there are talks going on at this time of posting,we might have to wait untill mid July to see where Bellers will be playing his football this season :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Well they can't have him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 pm

They say money talks??

Thank f**k bellamy never forgot his roots, he knows he's got more
money now than he's ever going to spend. He gives loads away as
it is to Sierra Leone.

He's coming home

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:39 pm

He has said he wont paly for another prem team except man city :!: :!:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Why the hell would he go to Sunderland ! No connection with them, never played for them so why would he ?

I'm extremely confident that he'll be at City next season :ayatollah: