Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DEPRESSING MOOD AROUND THE CLUB

Fri May 27, 2011 9:40 am

...and it's all down to one man and one decision.

Dave Jones you say that you don't read the message board but I think it's pretty obvious that you do. So, if you do read this be a man realise your failure and let the club move on.

Do you seriously want to start the season next August with the crowd on your back?

The club will always be bigger than one person, do the honourable and right thing, and leave our football club. You know deep down that it's the right decision for everyone.

Re: DEPRESSING MOOD AROUND THE CLUB

Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 am

As much as i agree, there is still a large pro-DJ group, probably more than us

Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 am

I think that group is getting smaller by the day!

I was fully behind Jones and have been for all of his time here. There is no doubt that he has contributed massively in the growth of the club but he just can't handle the pressure!

SO DJ....f**k OFF NOW PLEASE!

Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:As much as i agree, there is still a large pro-DJ group, probably more than us

I'm not sure there is now.

I was fully behind the decision to let him have a crack at it last season with a bit of money behind him, but he failed. Now I, along with many others who have backed him up to now, believe we need a change as long as it is for the better.

I do think we need to be careful about the successor, but as long as it is a provven operator, Curbishly, O'Neill, Hughton, etc., and Bellers is still on board then I think most fans will go with that :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 10:16 am

In January I was of the opinion we should support him until the end of the season in order for us to get promoted. For me he isn't the man to manage in the premier league so would have had to have gone at this stage either way.

I wish now it would happen in order for us to move on. I don't think I can find it in my heart to back him for another season :cry:

Fri May 27, 2011 10:33 am

01443casual wrote:In January I was of the opinion we should support him until the end of the season in order for us to get promoted. For me he isn't the man to manage in the premier league so would have had to have gone at this stage either way.

I wish now it would happen in order for us to move on. I don't think I can find it in my heart to back him for another season :cry:

That's also basically my view, and the view of the majority people I know.
We've given him a chance, now it's time for him to go.

Fri May 27, 2011 3:09 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:As much as i agree, there is still a large pro-DJ group, probably more than us

I'm not sure there is now.

I was fully behind the decision to let him have a crack at it last season with a bit of money behind him, but he failed. Now I, along with many others who have backed him up to now, believe we need a change as long as it is for the better.

I do think we need to be careful about the successor, but as long as it is a provven operator, Curbishly, O'Neill, Hughton, etc., and Bellers is still on board then I think most fans will go with that :ayatollah:

I think it may be the other way around, immediately after the disapointment of not qualifying for the play off final, I would say that the majority including myself, thought that DJ should go immediately. However, in the cold light of day, I think that most people are looking at the reality of the situation and thinking that, to bring in someone new, that may not get too much of a budget to spend, plus settling compensation with DJ, are we really going to achieve more than just leaving DJ in charge?

Fri May 27, 2011 4:07 pm

I predict by the end of next week everything will look a lot better. Firstly Swansea will get a good stuffing by Reading on Monday and within days Dave Jones will be relieved of his duties as Cardiff City manager.

Even the situation with the squad is not as bad as it first appears. For example we haven't signed the likes of Jason Koumas on a long term deal and from 30 June we won't be paying him at all. With the released players and returning loans we will be freeing up a hell of a lot of our wage budjet which can be reinvested more wisely by our new manager.

The crucial thing here is to appoint the right man to the manager's position, if that happens then I have a feeling everything else will fall nicely into place.

Fri May 27, 2011 4:10 pm

I do also think the time has come for him to go but I dont blame him for wanting what he is owed if they want him to leave. He has give his employeers six years work and he has it in his contract that if we want rid he is entitled to a years wage ie 800k. why should he give that amount of money up? would you? I sure to hell wouldnt.

Fri May 27, 2011 4:14 pm

had we of kept ramsey we wouldn't of been in this league right now

best loan of the season and it wasn't even down to jones, wenger enquired to us

Fri May 27, 2011 4:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I do also think the time has come for him to go but I dont blame him for wanting what he is owed if they want him to leave. He has give his employeers six years work and he has it in his contract that if we want rid he is entitled to a years wage ie 800k. why should he give that amount of money up? would you? I sure to hell wouldnt.

There are workers up and down the country who are being conned out of holiday and severance pay all the time by employers for no other reason than malicious greed.

Since he has been here Jones has made millions of pounds out of CCFC and shouldn't get a penny more having wasted millions more on his guarantee of a top 2 place this season.

The man is a total prick and all he deserves is one big kick up the f*cking arse.

Fri May 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Bellamy should get the credit for coming to us not "our present manager"

I'd say "our present manager" had no sya in the matter whatsoever.

Bellamy's choice, Bellamy's decision.

Fri May 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I do also think the time has come for him to go but I dont blame him for wanting what he is owed if they want him to leave. He has give his employeers six years work and he has it in his contract that if we want rid he is entitled to a years wage ie 800k. why should he give that amount of money up? would you? I sure to hell wouldnt.

There are workers up and down the country who are being conned out of holiday and severance pay all the time by employers for no other reason than malicious greed.

Since he has been here Jones has made millions of pounds out of CCFC and shouldn't get a penny more having wasted millions more on his guarantee of a top 2 place this season.

The man is a total prick and all he deserves is one big kick up the f*cking arse.

That as it may be but he is still entitled to the money, he has always said this is his job, he has no affection for the club so why would he forfeit 800k for the sake of it. I dont feel people are being realistic, its not greedy its what he is allowed. Players get paid off all the time, so why shouldnt he.

Fri May 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Because he screwed up more than anybody. He is the manager and he should take responsibility for what has turned out to be the biggest failure in Cardiff Citys history.

Take the lead from Strachan Dave Jones and rip up your contract.

Fri May 27, 2011 4:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:That as it may be but he is still entitled to the money, he has always said this is his job, he has no affection for the club so why would he forfeit 800k for the sake of it. I dont feel people are being realistic, its not greedy its what he is allowed. Players get paid off all the time, so why shouldnt he.

It's a matter of opinion if he is 'entitled' to his money. Personally I would give him 3 months pay (at most) and he can swing for the rest because of his hopeless performance in not delivering a promised top 2 finish.

Fri May 27, 2011 5:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:That as it may be but he is still entitled to the money, he has always said this is his job, he has no affection for the club so why would he forfeit 800k for the sake of it. I dont feel people are being realistic, its not greedy its what he is allowed. Players get paid off all the time, so why shouldnt he.

It's a matter of opinion if he is 'entitled' to his money. Personally I would give him 3 months pay (at most) and he can swing for the rest because of his hopeless performance in not delivering a promised top 2 finish.

I totally agree Tony,,,why should poor performance be rewarded? It's a similar situation with the financial organizations at the moment, fat cats being paid off millions for causing a recession.

Fri May 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Because he screwed up more than anybody. He is the manager and he should take responsibility for what has turned out to be the biggest failure in Cardiff Citys history.

Take the lead from Strachan Dave Jones and rip up your contract.

Totally differentin that DJ has given us 6years service and we have improved year on year with the exception of this season.
Strachan turned red hot league favs boro into relegation fodder and gave about a years service.

Fri May 27, 2011 5:54 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

I totally agree Tony,,,why should poor performance be rewarded? It's a similar situation with the financial organizations at the moment, fat cats being paid off millions for causing a recession.

Well then they should have given him his notice 12 months ago and said we will sort out a new in 12 months if your successful. he is entitled to his money if they want to get rid of him.

Fri May 27, 2011 6:07 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:...and it's all down to one man and one decision.

Dave Jones you say that you don't read the message board but I think it's pretty obvious that you do. So, if you do read this be a man realise your failure and let the club move on.

Do you seriously want to start the season next August with the crowd on your back?

The club will always be bigger than one person, do the honourable and right thing, and leave our football club. You know deep down that it's the right decision for everyone.

Great post agree 100 % but I think he'll need pushing. Should have been sorted by now if the club
is to move forward

To the people who think that Mr Jones needs 1 more season, I respect your thoughts but you are sadly wrong. We've had 6 years of DJ+CO and now need a new broom

P>S> Why wasn't he given 12 months notice after Blackpool last season?
Has he been given it after Reading or are they still waiting?

Fri May 27, 2011 6:09 pm

This is the "big issue" for me,,,why didn't the Malaysians give DJ a one years notice last summer when he [DJ] went over there to hammer out the details of the past said season? Were they really taken in by his spin? Could they really have been that naive??