Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Have a guess what I was doing 7 years ago

Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Eddie ccfc wrote:Was it playing for your local team and retired early at the age of 28 by any chance???

What do i win if im right :lol:

Played for Afan Lido, then went downhill :lol: into Neath League for FC Nedd, then Caewern.

You had a longer career than me fella, all started brightly with me being watched by scouts in the Ian Rush tournament in Aberystwyth, played at a decent level until I tore my acl and cartilage in a Welsh cup game. Never recovered from that although I did win a Cup final two weeks ago playing for my local team. Miss playing footie every week but thankfully have City to follow home and away. Mind you that can be depressing at times.

Anyone who knows you Carl knows you are a top fella, take no notice of the people who insult you over the internet :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 10:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Zabier wrote:A professional hooker?

God, if you were I am so jealous. I've been trying to break into that industry for years but apparently my cock size is letting me down...

Wait... have I read the question correctly?

No problems in that department mate, ask Milly :o :lol: :ayatollah:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sat May 28, 2011 8:37 am

milly44 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Zabier wrote:A professional hooker?

God, if you were I am so jealous. I've been trying to break into that industry for years but apparently my cock size is letting me down...

Wait... have I read the question correctly?

No problems in that department mate, ask Milly :o :lol: :ayatollah:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry if I have embarrassed you Milly :D

Sat May 28, 2011 8:55 am

its ok, i have learned to cope, nothing will ever make me feel as embarased and uncomfortable as i felt at 6.45pm on a VERY VERY COLD friday on the side of the m4 on route to reading!

Sat May 28, 2011 8:59 am

chris_ccfc wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Eddie ccfc wrote:Was it playing for your local team and retired early at the age of 28 by any chance???

What do i win if im right :lol:

Played for Afan Lido, then went downhill :lol: into Neath League for FC Nedd, then Caewern.

You had a longer career than me fella, all started brightly with me being watched by scouts in the Ian Rush tournament in Aberystwyth, played at a decent level until I tore my acl and cartilage in a Welsh cup game. Never recovered from that although I did win a Cup final two weeks ago playing for my local team. Miss playing footie every week but thankfully have City to follow home and away. Mind you that can be depressing at times.

Anyone who knows you Carl knows you are a top fella, take no notice of the people who insult you over the internet :ayatollah:

I went on that Ian Rush tournament in Aberystwyth.Got there by playing for Afan Nedd :D 5 days up there not to be picked for the final 22 :evil: Roomed with one Karl Ready.

Sat May 28, 2011 9:01 am

blackswan wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Played for Afan Lido, then went downhill :lol: into Neath League for FC Nedd, then Caewern.

I went on that Ian Rush tournament in Aberystwyth.Got there by playing for Afan Nedd :D 5 days up there not to be picked for the final 22 :evil: Roomed with one Karl Ready.

Who did you play for ?

Baglan or Aberavon ?

Sat May 28, 2011 9:05 am

Both :lol: was with Aberavon at the time though.

Sat May 28, 2011 9:06 am

blackswan wrote:Both :lol: was with Aberavon at the time though.

Now I got to work out who you are :lol:

Sat May 28, 2011 9:08 am

carlccfc wrote:

Glanafan, must have been your school.

Did you play in same team as Ryan Orton, Snaily and Simon Morgan ?

Sat May 28, 2011 9:08 am

carlccfc wrote:

Started off with the Lido,then Baglan and then finished at the boys club.Played for the Burgess later on :D

Sat May 28, 2011 9:10 am

blackswan wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Started off with the Lido,then Baglan and then finished at the boys club.Played for the Burgess later on :D

hmm was you above or below my team at lido with John Hartson and Michael Connolly ?

Sat May 28, 2011 9:13 am

Im a bit older Carl,Hartson used to train with us when he with Luton.Michael Connolly was a yr younger than me.Think Robert Whitelock,Coco's,Paul Wiseman,im in that age bracket.

Sat May 28, 2011 9:27 am

blackswan wrote:Im a bit older Carl,Hartson used to train with us when he with Luton.Michael Connolly was a yr younger than me.Think Robert Whitelock,Coco's,Paul Wiseman,im in that age bracket.

Ok you were the age group above us. Michael went to Oxford, John went to Luton, I went Neath League. Says it all don't it :lol:

Sat May 28, 2011 9:58 am

carlccfc wrote:
blackswan wrote:Im a bit older Carl,Hartson used to train with us when he with Luton.Michael Connolly was a yr younger than me.Think Robert Whitelock,Coco's,Paul Wiseman,im in that age bracket.

Ok you were the age group above us. Michael went to Oxford, John went to Luton, I went Neath League. Says it all don't it :lol:

That's right,a few boys down here went to Oxford,Gerald Walker,Lester,none of them made it surprisingly.Your brother would of made a decent keeper had he been 6inches taller :lol:

Sat May 28, 2011 9:59 am

blackswan wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

That's right,a few boys down here went to Oxford,Gerald Walker,Lester,none of them made it surprisingly.Your brother would of made a decent keeper had he been 6inches taller :lol:

Yea he would have to be fair but he always wanted to play outfield but he lived in my shadow, poor thing :lol:

Sat May 28, 2011 10:41 am

watching Swansea at the Vetch :D :D :D :D :D

Sat May 28, 2011 2:42 pm

blackswan wrote:I went on that Ian Rush tournament in Aberystwyth.Got there by playing for Afan Nedd :D 5 days up there not to be picked for the final 22 :evil: Roomed with one Karl Ready.

My mate was top scorer in the tournament the same year Michael Owen played there. He was approached by Man Utd and Arsenal scouts but threw it all down the drain by drinking too much booze and taking drugs. A shame really as I have no doubt he would have been a tidy championship player.

Sadly the Ian Rush tournament is no longer in Aber, had fond memories of playing there and hoping to get scouted.

Sun May 29, 2011 7:30 am

You had your children at 16 and 18 respectively? I feel rather old! (and I'm 17 :lol: )

Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Eddie May wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Before I bought my First season ticket for City ?

Because despite the fact it also says in the tag line of the Echo that I have followed City since 1987, some people on the comments under the piece on-line question what I was doing before I got my season ticket as I am apparently jumping on a bandwagon or something :

"As for Mr Curtis season ticket holder for 7 years maybe he could explain what he was doing prior to 2004 because he was not about before that"

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1NZy6bSak

:roll: :roll:

Oh by the way I am 35 yrs old, so see if you can work out what I may have been doing on most Saturday afternoons.

And then maybe I should announce what my personal situation was for many years since leaving school. :roll:

Didn't make it up the alter thankfully with the first missus but from that relationship I had 2 boys which I eventually had Custody of and brought them up as a Single parent from the ages of 3 years old and 18 months.

As well as providing a stable life for my boys and juggling everything from their schooling and working whilst going to court in a long and drawn out 2 years was difficult but certainly rewarding. Playing football and going to watch City were my outlets.

I am proud to say that both my boys are City fans and season ticket holders and are now 19 and 17.

Things got much better when I met Alison and is a fantastic step-mother to my sons and a wonderful mother to our daughter Angharad, another season ticket holder.

Carl I am fuming that you think you have to come on a f*cking football forum and tell all and sundry about your personal life because of f*cking jealousy and sniping from elsewhere

You carry on and continue what you do and leave the haters hate :evil:

Eddie as I said further up the thread only 3 people on here knew of this as I don't normally shout it out like I had something to celebrate, only Annis, Jamie and SA1 Jack knew but due to the constant criticism then I posted this thread.

Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Because despite the fact it also says in the tag line of the Echo that I have followed City since 1987, some people on the comments under the piece on-line question what I was doing before I got my season ticket as I am apparently jumping on a bandwagon or something :

"As for Mr Curtis season ticket holder for 7 years maybe he could explain what he was doing prior to 2004 because he was not about before that"

Oh by the way I am 35 yrs old, so see if you can work out what I may have been doing on most Saturday afternoons.

And then maybe I should announce what my personal situation was for many years since leaving school. :roll:

Didn't make it up the alter thankfully with the first missus but from that relationship I had 2 boys which I eventually had Custody of and brought them up as a Single parent from the ages of 3 years old and 18 months.

As well as providing a stable life for my boys and juggling everything from their schooling and working whilst going to court in a long and drawn out 2 years was difficult but certainly rewarding. Playing football and going to watch City were my outlets.

I am proud to say that both my boys are City fans and season ticket holders and are now 19 and 17.

Things got much better when I met Alison and is a fantastic step-mother to my sons and a wonderful mother to our daughter Angharad, another season ticket holder.

Carl, You Dont have to Answer to Nobody and I mean Nobody. I can tell you for a Fact 99% of them that have Slated you were never there in the Bad old days including TLG, yes they went to the promotion seasons under Eddie May or the Burnley away party, but week in week out they hardly went, some like TLG even stopped going for 10 yrs A Fact.

Even good Friends of mine like Vince and even Borley Never went for 8-10 yrs, because of Family Commitments or Business commitments. Yes I went to every game, but I never had a family then, Now I have I cant go to every away game and yes I would rather take my girls places and be a Family Man. So forget people like Jealous Sugar boys(TLG) band of Gypos, Your writing for the Welsh Media where he has been turned down in the past and Was not there during the bad old days and like I Said 99% 0f his followers were Def Not there. YOUR A PROUD FATHER and A GOOD ONE AT THAT CARL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Carl, You Dont have to Answer to Nobody and I mean Nobody. I can tell you for a Fact 99% of them that have Slated you were never there in the Bad old days including TLG, yes they went to the promotion seasons under Eddie May or the Burnley away party, but week in week out they hardly went, some like TLG even stopped going for 10 yrs A Fact.

Even good Friends of mine like Vince and even Borley Never went for 8-10 yrs, because of Family Commitments or Business commitments. Yes I went to every game, but I never had a family then, Now I have I cant go to every away game and yes I would rather take my girls places and be a Family Man. So forget people like Jealous Sugar boys(TLG) band of Gypos, Your writing for the Welsh Media where he has been turned down in the past and Was not there during the bad old days and like I Said 99% 0f his followers were Def Not there. YOUR A PROUD FATHER and A GOOD ONE AT THAT CARL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 7:56 pm

you dont have to explain to anyone where you were! ... this i was there when one man and his dog was there is bollox! ... people have their reasons for not going for years! ... money, kids, lost interest in football, drugs, drink, divorce, death, distance etc etc! ... its no ones business and why people care so much beats me! they should get on with their own lives and let others live theirs! ...... if my son turns around to me and says he doesnt want to go anymore to watch cardiff then neither would i and the reason is i only have my son on the weekends and i would never give up seeing my son for football! end of!

Mon May 30, 2011 9:30 pm

AHERNE wrote:you dont have to explain to anyone where you were! ... this i was there when one man and his dog was there is bollox! ... people have their reasons for not going for years! ... money, kids, lost interest in football, drugs, drink, divorce, death, distance etc etc! ... its no ones business and why people care so much beats me! they should get on with their own lives and let others live theirs! ...... if my son turns around to me and says he doesnt want to go anymore to watch cardiff then neither would i and the reason is i only have my son on the weekends and i would never give up seeing my son for football! end of!

Quite right to Aherne. It took ages to get my boy to come to a game as he could not stand Football, but if i was in your shoes and only had my Boy on weekends, i would do the same as you. Just make sure he does not loose the bug.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:28 pm

AHERNE wrote:you dont have to explain to anyone where you were! ... this i was there when one man and his dog was there is bollox! ... people have their reasons for not going for years! ... money, kids, lost interest in football, drugs, drink, divorce, death, distance etc etc! ... its no ones business and why people care so much beats me! they should get on with their own lives and let others live theirs! ...... if my son turns around to me and says he doesnt want to go anymore to watch cardiff then neither would i and the reason is i only have my son on the weekends and i would never give up seeing my son for football! end of!

Well Said :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: