Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Today in Court Chelsea v Cardiff

Sat May 28, 2011 10:48 am

Seeing these posts and was at Chelsea and saw how it was so mishandled i'm glad that the current stadium has been laid out to avoid the old sloper road incidents of yesteryear. More boys with sentences/banning orders no doubt.

Sat May 28, 2011 11:40 am

Typical justice system, can't deal with the real criminals!!
It's more that just football - keep your heads up lad's especially Tech, as I know him well!! :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 12:58 pm

corky wrote:Hi Steve,
Glad you came home home Yesterday mate, and thanks for saying that.

Football fans are definitely treated differently to other "criminals" so to speak and myself and Vince Alm will continue to do al we can through the Football supporters Federation to support football fans...You have to remember there were many innocent fans from both clubs and innocent passers by that day who were caught up in all that happened...and we all must continue working hard to try to prevent major incidents happening.

Failings that day were

a) letting six thousand Cardiff fans out into a narrow street already full of home fans...a thirty minute delay to ensure safety of all persons in the area would have prevented so much.

b) Allowing groups of banned known risk supporters hang around outside the stadium.

I think the authorities saw it as a chance to catch one or two people they have been targeting and it simply got out of hand and definitely out of control, resulting in the general public and the fans getting caught up in position that could so easily have been avoided.

Just my opinions of course but based on knowing that things could have been done differently at the bequest of the match commanders and his team...who are they accountable too?

This trial has cost millions and will someone be asked to justify the wrong decisions that day that lead to this huge loss of public money? Who knows but we definitely won't hear about it for sure.
It completly stinks of a stitch up by the met, sthere has to be grounds for some sort of public enquiry why it was allowed to happen like that, altogether 6 boys on our bus has been given time

Sat May 28, 2011 2:20 pm

corky wrote:

b) Allowing groups of banned known risk supporters hang around outside the stadium.

Within seconds of walking out of the stadium I was confronted by one of these risk supporters. For no reason whatsoever he started shouting abuse at us, me, Premier one, premier ones daughter and a couple of others, then started to climb over the barrier that enclosed us Cardiff fans. This was a 4 foot barrier that I could have easily jumped over.

As this guy started his climb I looked around for the police. They were about 100 yards to my left, couple of them on horses. Basically this guy had a free avenue to us but thankfully some rather big guy came from nowhere and stepped in front of us and confrontd this risky. That stopped the risky in his tracks but it did not stop the police on their horses trotting over and beating the living shit out of him.

This could have all been prevented as mentioned above but it was not. It does make you feel this was a setup.

Sat May 28, 2011 6:25 pm

My thoughts go out to them all..................

Feel sorry for the lads who have gone down for periods of time, whether its 2 months or 12 months hard on them and all their families.

Good luck boys, stay safe

Sat May 28, 2011 9:13 pm

GUTTED, A slap on the wrist is what we all had years ago. But this is a Conspiracy against the Cardiff boys. I hope your mates give you the support you need along with your families. Be strong while your away, as your family will need to know that you know you have there love and support. AND OURS.

:old: NO YOU WILL STILL BE YOUNG WHEN YOU GET HOME

Sat May 28, 2011 9:28 pm

thanks corky,for updates and our conversations on weekends updating each other .great support through tough times.

Sat May 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Cheers Corky and many thanks.

Best wishes to the lads who have been sent down, after a few days they will be fine. Believe me

Sun May 29, 2011 1:04 am

hi it is wez girlfriend here he got sent down yesterday for 10 months just to inform anyone who wandering he is in wormwood scrubs but is hoping to be transfered on tues to worcester evesham prison. i am going up to visit him on monday i cant wait i will pass on everyones best as i have been reading all the posts and can see ur all thinking of him it means a lot thank you guys xx

Sun May 29, 2011 1:22 am

Keep us updated and if you need any help or advice telephone me...i will pm you my number...wish him well for us.

Sun May 29, 2011 9:26 pm

All the best to anyone thats still to face the courts. I probably know some of the lads by face thats been sent down, but i personaly know Iain that that got sentenced lately, f*cking gutted. Keep the faith everyone, The Clydebank boys are thinking of yous :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Cheers Corky for the update on the Lads, I still cant believe the Harsh over the top sentences they are getting.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:49 pm

x grangetown wrote:Best of luck all the boys and there familys,Wez see you for a pint when your out and nice and slim.Time will soon go read loads of books and get a good job in there.

How ya Glenn welshy here did wez and morgan get sent down?? If they did tell them Welshy is thinking of them see ya soon when I'm back again.. Welshy :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:24 am

I was told and shown a local norwich paper,from may 1982,concerning 21 arrests between norwich and cardiff from a match in march 82, when i first started dating my gf(her uncle got 3 months and £375 fine)...
It startedin the seated area(south stand),and though the barclay was where the home and away fans were housed,seperated by fences/police,in the southstand, about 30 causals used to sit quietly and would walk out with away fans,and try to group off a section,if they hadnt come in numbers..But cardiff went in the south stand as well that day! taking about the same number..
Norwich were at the front and when cardiff realised they were there,even though they were being signelled to keep quiet so the law didnt remove all of them,they,cardiff,came charging down,but was hampered by the seats,falling over etc...The cops probably though it was an attempt to get on the pitch and hadnt cottonend onto the norwich being there,and just put the cardiff back at the top.
But at the final whistle both groups walked out,and now the police was trying to put cardiff lads with the ones coming out of the away end..they didnt want that and kept in visual with the norwich who quietly came out and again signelled them they will follow for 3 streets and will point to a woods openening for cardiff to slip away and follow..
But finally the cops twigged it ,spotting 2 lads in the norwich with history(big half caste called bernie),who hadnt been to match as was banned and joined the norwich on route..
so the formed a line,and cardiff made a charge,a few punches thrown and the first arrests..but only a few..it didnt kick off untill cardiff were in their transits and had quickly caught up with the walking norwich lads..as the cardiff boys all ducked and hid,in the van,norwich were unaware..Then all of a sudden the back doors flung open,about 15 lads withs hammers!! etc came charging out and the 30 norwich legged it..But a few turned back and were giving a kicking,otheres then picked up stones etc and with the sirens blaring, cardiff started getting back into the van..So incensed,the norwich fans embarressed they had ran,came back and started attacking the van just as the cop meat wagons arrived...
So they asssumed norich were doing the attacking even though a lot of the norwich had blood streaming down their faces including her uncle...Still hyper and angry when the cops started pulling the norwich away ,he swung and broke a cops nose.and was duly arrested along with others!
Any older cardiff fans on here make that trip? I asked my dad who used to go to away matches,but he only went to ones that were in a 100mile radius of wales..

Tue May 31, 2011 12:49 pm

Can I ask what young Ellis was accused of?

Tue May 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Affray mate...he was there in a few videos bouncing around and gesturing but it was mainly because he was seen near the front of the crowd that sealed his fate...any other match, any other place they would not have bothered even arresting him...but being picked out in that baying aggressive crowd was fatal to all that were...and we saw what has happened to them all.

Tue May 31, 2011 9:51 pm

what did they get sent down for?? i mean for someone who doesnt know what happened!!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:52 am

SgorioFruit wrote:what did they get sent down for?? i mean for someone who doesnt know what happened!!

An incident in Chelsea last season...welcome back from outer space Jack