Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Carl any idea when this mess is going to be sorted ?

Sat May 28, 2011 7:07 am

We have to start planning for next season

Good players are being released & we are missing the boat

Re: Carl any idea when this mess is going to be sorted ?

Sat May 28, 2011 7:23 am

It would have been nice to have heard someting positive from the club by now. I am sure that things are going on in the background but the managers position needs to be confirmed one way or the other so that they have the time to bring in new faces when the transfer window opens. Many clubs are already making a move.

There are a lot of fans waiting for an update. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 8:30 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:We have to start planning for next season

Good players are being released & we are missing the boat

I believe meetings are taking place this weekend regarding DJ. So we will wait and see what transpires and then move on to the next step and start in earnest our rebuilding process.

Sat May 28, 2011 8:32 am

Cant wait to move on either way.

Sat May 28, 2011 8:33 am

Is that FACT or your belief Carl. Is DJ involved in those discussions - do you know if he has been given 12 months notice yet cos if he has I suspect we are stuck with him. If that's the case he needs to be backed and start rebuilding ASAP.

Sat May 28, 2011 8:36 am

dorsetblue wrote:Is that FACT or your belief Carl. Is DJ involved in those discussions - do you know if he has been given 12 months notice yet cos if he has I suspect we are stuck with him. If that's the case he needs to be backed and start rebuilding ASAP.

DJ has not been to the club since the Reading loss, he has not been given 12 months notice as yet he has not had discussions with TG.

I am told that the discussions are due this weekend.

Sat May 28, 2011 8:57 am

carlccfc wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:Is that FACT or your belief Carl. Is DJ involved in those discussions - do you know if he has been given 12 months notice yet cos if he has I suspect we are stuck with him. If that's the case he needs to be backed and start rebuilding ASAP.

DJ has not been to the club since the Reading loss, he has not been given 12 months notice as yet he has not had discussions with TG.

What on earth have the club been doing? How have they not had meetings yet, it's been two weeks!!! Scandalous!

Sat May 28, 2011 9:01 am

Jimbo27 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

What on earth have the club been doing? How have they not had meetings yet, it's been two weeks!!! Scandalous!

Not with DJ no but between directors yes.

Sat May 28, 2011 9:04 am

Carl do you know if any discussions have began with possible new managers themselves or their agents?

Sat May 28, 2011 9:12 am

Surely lads someone"in the know" must have some insight into what's happening to our great club? We've had no news now since the Reading shambles and thats well over a week now, getting on for two. All we want to know, as loyal fans, is what we can expect to see in preparation for another challenge next season?
Most of us would accept that our Malaysian backers must be in two minds about which path to take having gambled on us securing a Premiership place but mow the dust has settled we need firm , positive actions to get our ship steering on course again.
Personally I think they have had enough of Jones' false promises and failures and we will see a new man in charge next season. I will accept a season of consolidation if it means we can stabilise the club and begin a new era in the history of Cardiff City Football Club, the greatest team in football the world has ever seen. Blue Army! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 10:16 am

i hope something is done quickly with DJ and a replacement is sorted asap because plenty of good quality footballers are being realised as we speak, if we don't take advantage soon, it could bite us in the ass.
some may be old(sorry to insult some of you :D ) but having players at the club who are actually OURS is better than trying to get loans in again that don't give a shit about us.

Sat May 28, 2011 10:21 am

ihatealiens wrote:Carl do you know if any discussions have began with possible new managers themselves or their agents?

I know that Alan Curbishley has been sounded out and that was before the Reading play off games.

Sat May 28, 2011 10:23 am

carlccfc wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Carl do you know if any discussions have began with possible new managers themselves or their agents?

I know that Alan Curbishley has been sounded out and that was before the Reading play off games.

Obviously and before it is stated elsewhere that I am saying Curbishley is our next manager I AM NOT !

But I do know that Nick Davies, who is head of sports science at Birmingham FC, has worked with Curbishley twice, West Ham and Charlton, and he has been asked would he come to Cardiff with Curbs if it materialised for Curbs.

Sat May 28, 2011 11:12 am

carlccfc wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Obviously and before it is stated elsewhere that I am saying Curbishley is our next manager I AM NOT !

But I do know that Nick Davies, who is head of sports science at Birmingham FC, has worked with Curbishley twice, West Ham and Charlton, and he has been asked would he come to Cardiff with Curbs if it materialised for Curbs.

That seems very significant additional information Carl that we are actually talking with back room staff associated with a manager as well as the manager himself. That would make Curbishley a front runner for the job. :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 11:16 am

ihatealiens wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I know that Alan Curbishley has been sounded out and that was before the Reading play off games.

That seems very significant additional information Carl that we are actually talking with back room staff associated with a manager as well as the manager himself. That would make Curbishley a front runner for the job. :ayatollah:

Let me point out Curbs spoke with Chisler ( Nick Davies ) and asked him what he join him if the move comes off.

Sat May 28, 2011 11:48 am

Carl, I see he's from your neck of the woods and an Ex-Jack to boot; although he did his learning in Cardiff. :ayatollah:
http://www.bcfc.com/page/BackroomStaffT ... 38,00.html

Sat May 28, 2011 11:52 am

Back of the Net wrote:Carl, I see he's from your neck of the woods and an Ex-Jack to boot; although he did his learning in Cardiff. :ayatollah:
http://www.bcfc.com/page/BackroomStaffT ... 38,00.html

Yes he is, a Port Talbot lad.

Sat May 28, 2011 1:04 pm

I can't understand why anyone believes that the likes of Curbishley are better than Dave Jones. As I keep on saying "be careful what you wish for. It will be too late once we have lost Dave Jones and stuck with someone like Curbishley as his replacement.

Sat May 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:I can't understand why anyone believes that the likes of Curbishley are better than Dave Jones. As I keep on saying "be careful what you wish for. It will be too late once we have lost Dave Jones and stuck with someone like Curbishley as his replacement.

But if we keep dj how are things going to change???? we will have the same winning and losing runs that we always have, the same attitude towards the fans and if we get into pole position at the end of the season it will be the same bottle/choking job as we always get, please explain to me how things will be diffirent next season if he stays!!!!!!