Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

finance help

Sun May 29, 2011 1:34 pm

I took out a deal in currys on the ipad back in december its a buy now pay june ... 456.99 i owe on 2nd june or would go into
36 monthly payments of around 18.99 a month making it alltogether around 670.99....
question is.... i cant pay it this month due to other commitments (my fault for not being organised financially) however...
do you know if 3 months down the line of paying the 18.99 a month i could clear it all in one go... the company is creation
:ayatollah:

Re: finance help

Sun May 29, 2011 1:51 pm

anyone

Sun May 29, 2011 2:00 pm

I think you'll still have to pay the £670

Sun May 29, 2011 2:01 pm

but surely the 670 is made up from the interest over the 36 months
il be paying for 33 months i dont need

Sun May 29, 2011 2:11 pm

But if you haven't paid the full amount by the agreed time then you'll probably have to pay all the interest. Have a look at the terms & conditions of the contract you signed.
Last edited by Hallett on Sun May 29, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 29, 2011 2:11 pm

lewispenarth wrote:I took out a deal in currys on the ipad back in december its a buy now pay june ... 456.99 i owe on 2nd june or would go into
36 monthly payments of around 18.99 a month making it alltogether around 670.99....
question is.... i cant pay it this month due to other commitments (my fault for not being organised financially) however...
do you know if 3 months down the line of paying the 18.99 a month i could clear it all in one go... the company is creation
:ayatollah:

They can only charge interest for the period you 'owe' the money, which MAY now include the 'interest free' period as part of the agreement you took out (check the small print carefully)

BUT whatever happens (pay it off now or next month) you WILL save a lot of money against the £670.99 and I would suggest that even at their % rates the balance in July should be not too much over £500 even IF the interst is retrospective to the date of purchase....

I hope that makes sense (but the short answer is the quicker you pay it the better off you'll be :D )

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 2:25 pm

Sven is correct, they will back date the interest. They may also charge a fee for ending the finance deal early.

Sun May 29, 2011 2:27 pm

There you go shows what i no :lol:

Sun May 29, 2011 2:34 pm

brilliant! just got off the phone to them
said the interest would kick in from purchase date if unable to clear by 2nd june but that works out at around 50-70 pound happty days :geek:

Sun May 29, 2011 2:38 pm

any idea what sort of fee they would charge for ending an agreement