Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

meeting has taken place...

Sun May 29, 2011 2:43 pm

so someone must know what is going on! why can't they just come out and say 'we back him' or 'we have sacked him'. our board are supposed to be able to make decisions, not sit on their hands and think 'wtf do we do now'! make a decision and move on!

just tell us something ffs

Re: meeting has taken place...

Sun May 29, 2011 2:51 pm

RELAX season dont kick off till august get a grip man :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 2:54 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:RELAX season dont kick off till august get a grip man :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not a good post - do you want to go into august with 15 players and a manager that doesn't want to be here??

The original poster has a right to show his concerns.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:07 pm

my point is the season has only just ended the malaysians aint going to rush around buying players to sit on there arses for 2 months as for the manager it cant be a knee jerk reaction they have to get it spot on as i said relax it will all come out in the wash as they say ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 3:28 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:my point is the season has only just ended the malaysians aint going to rush around buying players to sit on there arses for 2 months as for the manager it cant be a knee jerk reaction they have to get it spot on as i said relax it will all come out in the wash as they say ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He was only asking for a club statement - not millions of pounds worth of action ?

Sun May 29, 2011 3:41 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:my point is the season has only just ended the malaysians aint going to rush around buying players to sit on there arses for 2 months as for the manager it cant be a knee jerk reaction they have to get it spot on as i said relax it will all come out in the wash as they say ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You are, of course correct about 2 months wages BUT it would make sense to 'line up' the people we want rather than go scraping barrels in September like last year (Craig excepted, of course :ayatollah: )

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Merlin wrote:
ANDYBLUE wrote:RELAX season dont kick off till august get a grip man :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not a good post - do you want to go into august with 15 players and a manager that doesn't want to be here??

Have to agree with Merlin, all the fans want is mutual ground, are we backing him or sacking him.

To be honest I would much rather sack Jones, Provide a young much hungrier manager with a medium budget than carry on with this.

Sun May 29, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm chilled, IMO the powers that be are waiting on west ham to see if DJ gets that and saves them 800K and they make some cash. I think if big sam is appointed tuesday as seems to be then DJ will be gone very soon after.

Sun May 29, 2011 4:17 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Have to agree with Merlin, all the fans want is mutual ground, are we backing him or sacking him.

To be honest I would much rather sack Jones, Provide a young much hungrier manager with a medium budget than carry on with this.

Thats the thing though, they can only say they are going to sack him if they pay him up in full. It seems like they are trying to remove him and trying to do so the cheapest way possible.

People were moaning about the debt the other day and now people are suggesting throwing 800k away for the sake of a week or two.

Sun May 29, 2011 4:36 pm

To be honest I would much rather sack Jones, Provide a young much hungrier manager with a medium budget than carry on with this.[/quote]

Thats the thing though, they can only say they are going to sack him if they pay him up in full. It seems like they are trying to remove him and trying to do so the cheapest way possible.

People were moaning about the debt the other day and now people are suggesting throwing 800k away for the sake of a week or two.[/quote]

I understand what you mean, however if we have for arguement sake, 3million for players wages etc, I would rather pay off Jones and provide 2 million to a more younger and enthusiastic manager. Didnt mean simply throw away 800k, if we dont get rid of Jones I am very concerned as the negativity that surrounds the club with Jones still here has already spread to the squad, some in which have already stated they dont wish to play for him.

I think this club needs a fresh start, a season of condolidation with a much younger more passionate manager, simply try and sustain our championship status and then push the following season.

I feel since the Fa Cup final the fans expectations have cost us some what, I really feel we need to have a season where we are not putting pressure on ourselves without making things worse. Can you imagine next year if we are to fail again?? come on 3 years in a trot, its enough to break any club.

IMOA I feel that Mckay should be given the job, pick up a few younger free kids, for example, Nigel Rio Coker, and cheaper alternatives like Ched Evans, Billy Jones at Preston needs a club, what a right back he could be, and a few frees from prem clubs who are free, remeber a lot of these better premier players being release wont find it easy finding another prem clubs simply because of the 25 squad number.

I think we should look at the club as a whole, I think Gethin needs to give fans the impression he is helping the club, must be honest since we signed Bellamy I aint heard him much. The coaching staff, the shop at times is a farse. From top to bottom we need a re-shuffle, I think only until this is done, we wll start building again.

Sun May 29, 2011 7:28 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:Have to agree with Merlin, all the fans want is mutual ground, are we backing him or sacking him.

People were moaning about the debt the other day and now people are suggesting throwing 800k away for the sake of a week or two.[/quote]

I understand what you mean, however if we have for arguement sake, 3million for players wages etc, I would rather pay off Jones and provide 2 million to a more younger and enthusiastic manager. Didnt mean simply throw away 800k, if we dont get rid of Jones I am very concerned as the negativity that surrounds the club with Jones still here has already spread to the squad, some in which have already stated they dont wish to play for him.

I think this club needs a fresh start, a season of condolidation with a much younger more passionate manager, simply try and sustain our championship status and then push the following season.

I feel since the Fa Cup final the fans expectations have cost us some what, I really feel we need to have a season where we are not putting pressure on ourselves without making things worse. Can you imagine next year if we are to fail again?? come on 3 years in a trot, its enough to break any club.

IMOA I feel that Mckay should be given the job, pick up a few younger free kids, for example, Nigel Rio Coker, and cheaper alternatives like Ched Evans, Billy Jones at Preston needs a club, what a right back he could be, and a few frees from prem clubs who are free, remeber a lot of these better premier players being release wont find it easy finding another prem clubs simply because of the 25 squad number.

I think we should look at the club as a whole, I think Gethin needs to give fans the impression he is helping the club, must be honest since we signed Bellamy I aint heard him much. The coaching staff, the shop at times is a farse. From top to bottom we need a re-shuffle, I think only until this is done, we wll start building again.[/quote]

agree with everything you've said there mate!! including those type of players needed!! :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 7:53 pm

agree with everything you've said there mate!! including those type of players needed!! :ayatollah:[/quote]

The way forward I think.