Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hitting a woman, cowardice or....

Sun May 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Was going to post this up a few weeks ago, Iv hered so many arguments and opinions from mates thought Id see what you lot think?

This is a story I was told from someone who was at a bar when this happened.

About 8-10 years ago at a busy bar there were loads of people queing for a drink. A blokes wife was at the bar queing when another woman pushed in front of her, the woman queing asked her what she was doing and said exscuse me theres a que, the woman who'd pushed in was all attitude and gave her a load of abuse, the other woman was shocked and just ignored her but the other woman kept saying to her whats your fecking problem. After a bit of heated debate the woman who pushed in got violent and punched the other woman to the ground before repeatedly kicking her. As this was going on the bloke whos wife was being kicked on the ground came running up and punched the woman who was kicking the his wife on the floor off her.

After that the rest of the people in the bar stepped in and the majority of them were having a go at the bloke who had hit the woman who was kicking his wife on the floor.

Now Im split 50/50 here, On the one hand you should never hit a woman, but if some woman attacked your daughter/wife/mother and was kicking her on the floor, can you honestly say you wouldnt lash out?

Re: Hitting a woman, cowardice or....

Sun May 29, 2011 3:24 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Was going to post this up a few weeks ago, Iv hered so many arguments and opinions from mates thought Id see what you lot think?

About 8-10 years ago at a busy bar there were loads of people queing for a drink. A blokes wife was at the bar queing when another woman pushed in front of her, the woman queing asked her what she was doing and said exscuse me theres a que, the woman who'd pushed in was all attitude and gave her a load of abuse, the other woman was shocked and just ignored her but the other woman kept saying to her whats your fecking problem. After a bit of heated debate the woman who pushed in got violent and punched the other woman to the ground before repeatedly kicking her. As this was going on the bloke whos wife was being kicked on the ground came running up and punched the woman who was kicking the his wife on the floor off her.

After that the rest of the people in the bar stepped in and the majority of them were having a go at the bloke who had hit the woman who was kicking his wife on the floor.

Now Im split 50/50 here, On the one hand you should never hit a woman, but if some woman attacked your daughter/wife/mother and was kicking her on the floor, can you honestly say you wouldnt lash out?

In my opinion use your strength to pull them off but in now way should a man ever hit/punch a woman , To me that is cowardly.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Was going to post this up a few weeks ago, Iv hered so many arguments and opinions from mates thought Id see what you lot think?

In my opinion use your strength to pull them off but in now way should a man ever hit/punch a woman , To me that is cowardly.

I agree with that mate.

I can also see how it could happen though, ie, some skag head vicky pollard kicking f**k out of your daughter and someone losing the plot.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:32 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:

After that the rest of the people in the bar stepped in and the majority of them were having a go at the bloke who had hit the woman who was kicking his wife on the floo

I agree with that mate.

I can also see how it could happen though, ie, some skag head vicky pollard kicking f**k out of your daughter and someone losing the plot.

Agreed Mate some guys wouldn't be able to control their temper.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:32 pm

ill defend the guy i think he had every right to defend his wife, either that or he could go to his wifes funeral after shes been kicked to death, reassured with the fact that he did the gentlemanly and honourable thing and never hit a woman. Domestic abuse and bullying is wrong and these men who hit women as a power trip need to be castrated in my opinion, but defending your wife from being attacked is a different scenario.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:33 pm

All women go on about is equal rights!!!

Sun May 29, 2011 3:35 pm

No man should ever hit a woman.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:36 pm

There's NEVER an excuse to hit a woman in a civilised society....

It may be acceptable in Swansea where the women are harder than the menfolk but (joking apart :lol: ) all anyone had to do was drag or push her off....or someone else stepp in as it started to get heated in the first place :roll:

No debate in my eyes....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Sounds like the woman doing the pushing in and kicking got what she deserved.

Perhaps the guy should have used less force, but until you're in that situation it's difficult to know how you'd react.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:42 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:No man should ever hit a woman.

What about the other way around?

Sun May 29, 2011 3:43 pm

I've been in 2 situations before. 1) i was in a club about 10 years ago when for no reason a woman bottled me, i hit her. 2) i got into a fight with a bloke, again about 10 years ago and i got the upper hand and the bloke backed off, his mrs then for the next 5 minutes was slapping me saying "you beat him up but cant do anything to me" she hit me about 8 times, she then spat in my face so i punched her and broke her nose, point is if women are hard enough to dish it out to me,they better be hard enough to take it back......its not cowardly as id do the same if it was a guy, just if he hit me once hed be down i wouldnt wait so long. I await a pathetic backlash :x

Sun May 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Frodo wrote:

It doesn't make it right however you should never use that as an excuse for hitting a woman.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:48 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:I've been in 2 situations before. 1) i was in a club about 10 years ago when for no reason a woman bottled me, i hit her. 2) i got into a fight with a bloke, again about 10 years ago and i got the upper hand and the bloke backed off, his mrs then for the next 5 minutes was slapping me saying "you beat him up but cant do anything to me" she hit me about 8 times, she then spat in my face so i punched her and broke her nose, point is if women are hard enough to dish it out to me,they better be hard enough to take it back......its not cowardly as id do the same if it was a guy, just if he hit me once hed be down i wouldnt wait so long. I await a pathetic backlash :x

no i completely agree with you women seem to have the upper hand in these situations, self defence is self defence and there are some strong women out there who can fight just aswell as men and are very dangerous. if you have to defend your self against a woman you have every right to, its not domestic abuse its self defence.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Just to throw a different angle what about the likes of Myra Hindley, Beverly Allitt, Belle Gunness,Rose West, Irma Grese and Ilse Koch? I for one would/would have beat the living shi*t out of any of these without any remorse at all. As was rightly said you should never punch a woman but there are exceptions to every rule.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:There's NEVER an excuse to hit a woman in a civilised society....

all anyone had to do was drag or push her off....or someone else stepp in as it started to get heated in the first place :roll:

No debate in my eyes....

From the story I hered mate, when the woman was punched to the floor by the aggresive woman and then kicked, all the other women there shit themselves and were just standing there with any blokes that were there also just standing around doing nothing.

It was only when the womans husband ran up to help her and lashed out at the woman who was attacking his wife did the other occupants of the pub pipe up and went mad on the fella.

Like I said, on the one hand you should never hit a woman, but I got to be honest, I cant guarentee that if I was in that position and the woman on the floor was my mother/wife/daughter I would strike out.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Dange wrote:Just to throw a different angle what about the likes of Myra Hindley, Beverly Allitt, Belle Gunness,Rose West, Irma Grese and Ilse Koch? I for one would/would have beat the living shi*t out of any of these without any remorse at all. As was rightly said you should never punch a woman but there are exceptions to every rule.

Yeah I was thinking along the lines of Jordan as well.....if not punch can I have her a bit of a slap or something??

Sun May 29, 2011 3:56 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
Frodo wrote:

It doesn't make it right however you should never use that as an excuse for hitting a woman.

It's a touchy subject, but ultimately, why is it deemed ok for a woman to hit a bloke repeatedly without any come back?

My mates ex stabbed him in the forearm with a screw driver and broke his nose because she thought he'd been cheating on her (which he wasn't). Now, as she went for him again with the screw driver, he hit her. She hit the deck, got up and ran off and he phoned the police.

Personally, i think he was perfectly within his rights to defend himself.

Sun May 29, 2011 4:11 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:There's NEVER an excuse to hit a woman in a civilised society....

all anyone had to do was drag or push her off....or someone else stepp in as it started to get heated in the first place :roll:

No debate in my eyes....

From the story I hered mate, when the woman was punched to the floor by the aggresive woman and then kicked, all the other women there shit themselves and were just standing there with any blokes that were there also just standing around doing nothing.

It was only when the womans husband ran up to help her and lashed out at the woman who was attacking his wife did the other occupants of the pub pipe up and went mad on the fella.

Like I said, on the one hand you should never hit a woman, but I got to be honest, I cant guarentee that if I was in that position and the woman on the floor was my mother/wife/daughter I would strike out.

Appreciated. None of us really know until it happens to you and/or yours....but the husband should have been more restrained because now he looks as bad (if not worse) than the mad woman.

But my real question would be to the menfolk that stood around and did nothing: "Are you ashamed of yourselves??"

I doubt it somehow....

Sun May 29, 2011 4:12 pm

If some slag like that tore into my daughter / Mrs etc I'd kick her straigh in the c**t & when she's on the floor I'd pull her nipples.... Reallllly hard

Sun May 29, 2011 4:15 pm

If a woman started a fight with my mrs, i'd laugh my cock off, as my mrs is a looney bin and i have no doubt she would come out on top, she proper fights like a bloke! as for someone kicking shit out my daughter, well i have 2 daughters and if i saw them getting beaten up id end up doing time whether it be man or woman i'd stab whoever it was.... :evil:

Sun May 29, 2011 4:21 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:ill defend the guy i think he had every right to defend his wife, either that or he could go to his wifes funeral after shes been kicked to death, reassured with the fact that he did the gentlemanly and honourable thing and never hit a woman. Domestic abuse and bullying is wrong and these men who hit women as a power trip need to be castrated in my opinion, but defending your wife from being attacked is a different scenario.

Me too, spot on. Wouldn't surprise me if the mouthy bitch was with all the blokes who piled in to the bloke helping his wife, hence the reason she had the bravado to pick on the innocent woman in the first place. She is the coward here IN THIS SCENARIO.
As Johnny above says "Domestic abuse and bullying is wrong and these men who hit women as a power trip need to be castrated in my opinion, but defending your wife from being attacked is a different scenario."

Sun May 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Agree with you 100% Chris :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 4:30 pm

if a woman hit my missus or kids id smack her in the chops and i woudnt give to f**ks about it..

Sun May 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Frodo wrote:It's a touchy subject, but ultimately, why is it deemed ok for a woman to hit a bloke repeatedly without any come back?

My mates ex stabbed him in the forearm with a screw driver and broke his nose because she thought he'd been cheating on her (which he wasn't). Now, as she went for him again with the screw driver, he hit her. She hit the deck, got up and ran off and he phoned the police.

Personally, i think he was perfectly within his rights to defend himself.

True it's a touchy subject and people react in different ways. I just feel that there are other ways to control the situation rather than hitting a woman.

Sun May 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Times have changed,some women arent ladies anymore and think they are men......I would have whacked the bitch too!! :old:

Sun May 29, 2011 4:50 pm

women want equality, if they hit a bloke then it would be sexist not to tw*t her :twisted:

seriously, just use your height, weight and strength to restrain them. saying that, you have no idea what you would do if it was your mother/wife/daughter

Sun May 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Answers are pretty much what I thought they would be, 70/30 in favour of the bloke who hit the woman.

I wouldnt argue with that to be honest.

The worst thing in the whole story for me, as Sven Ghali said, is all the other people, men and women who just stood there.

Sun May 29, 2011 5:05 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:I've been in 2 situations before. 1) i was in a club about 10 years ago when for no reason a woman bottled me, i hit her. 2) i got into a fight with a bloke, again about 10 years ago and i got the upper hand and the bloke backed off, his mrs then for the next 5 minutes was slapping me saying "you beat him up but cant do anything to me" she hit me about 8 times, she then spat in my face so i punched her and broke her nose, point is if women are hard enough to dish it out to me,they better be hard enough to take it back......its not cowardly as id do the same if it was a guy, just if he hit me once hed be down i wouldnt wait so long. I await a pathetic backlash :x

dont blame you may be breaking her nose was a bit harsh when a rabbit punch to the ribs would have don the trick :D :D :lol:

Sun May 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Personally, I would never hit a man. And there is no excuse for a woman to hit a man. And vice versa. But if the person (man OR woman) is out of control, a slap or force (IE dragging them away and pinning them down to calm down etc) is acceptable. What men must realise though is that they can puch harder than women can. So a mans fist will do more damage than a womans fist.

Sun May 29, 2011 5:27 pm

PhatFrog wrote:What men must realise though is that they can puch harder than women can. So a mans fist will do more damage than a womans fist.

A night out in Neath or Port Talbot will blow that theory right out of the water.

:D