Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEE CLARK

Sun May 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Anyone think he could do a job at Cardiff?

Shows plenty of emotion and is young and hungry!

Re: LEE CLARK

Sun May 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Very good manager. Must be such an inspiration to the players having someone with his passion motivating you. We could do a lot worse than Lee Clark.

Sun May 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Why not ? Seen more passion in on ematch from him that i have from DJ in 6 years :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Him or Malky Mackay for me, both very good young managers :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 3:57 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Anyone think he could do a job at Cardiff?

Yup, 3-0 down. Blowing big chance in playoff final havin blown semi final last season.

Massive upgrade from Jones there... :lol:

Sun May 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Brilliant manager. Built a great team at Hudds.

They were really unfortunate today.

Sun May 29, 2011 4:27 pm

You never know.

When someone does well at a lower club, you always here the 'do you think he could do a job at Cardiff'?

and the answer is as above, who knows?

Its like Ince at MKD, Darren Ferguson, the bloke at Exeter etc etc.

Take Eddie Howe, he has a stormer at Bournmouth, so Burnley have taken a punt on him, ok, he's only been there 5 minutes but they were in with a shout of the play offs when he arrived and they didnt get there.

One things for certain, we couldnt do any worse than to take a punt on an up and coming young
whipper snapper.

Sun May 29, 2011 4:31 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:You never know.

When someone does well at a lower club, you always here the 'do you think he could do a job at Cardiff'?

Take Eddie Howe, he has a stormer at Bournmouth, so Burnley have taken a punt on him, ok, he's only been there 5 minutes but they were in with a shout of the play offs when he arrived and they didnt get there.

One things for certain, we couldnt do any worse than to take a punt on an up and coming young
whipper snapper.

Eddie Howe took Burnley on a stormer of a run to get them in with a chance at the playoffs in the first place, they were bottom half before Brian Laws left them. Eddie Howe is the type of manager I would love to see us go for, someone who's bright, passionate, intelligent, level headed and brings in fresh ideas. Burnley tailed off towards the end of the season, but I bet Burnley will at least make the playoffs this season and go from strength to strength under Eddie Howe. Just my opinion.

Sun May 29, 2011 4:45 pm

If some of our so-called fans were Huddersfield fans, they would want him sacked for failing to get promotion, especially after failing in 2 straight play-offs.

Joking aside, I wouldn't mind having him as our manager

Sun May 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

whipper snapper.

Eddie Howe took Burnley on a stormer of a run to get them in with a chance at the playoffs in the first place, they were bottom half before Brian Laws left them. Eddie Howe is the type of manager I would love to see us go for, someone who's bright, passionate, intelligent, level headed and brings in fresh ideas. Burnley tailed off towards the end of the season, but I bet Burnley will at least make the playoffs this season and go from strength to strength under Eddie Howe. Just my opinion.

Hello mate, totaly respect your opinion but some of what you said isnt right sorry.

When Brian Laws got sacked Burnley were 2 points off the play offs on 29th December 2010, no where near bottom half.

Eddie Howe took over on January 14th 2011.

In the 3 games in between, Burnley won and lost a game in the league and won in the FA Cup.

At the end of the season Burnley were 7 points off the Play Offs so they actualy went backwards.

Sun May 29, 2011 6:45 pm

He may be an excellent manager.

But I'd want more than just showing plenty of emotion and being young and hungry!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2011 6:45 pm

He may be an excellent manager.

But I'd want more than just showing plenty of emotion and being young and hungry!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2011 6:52 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

whipper snapper.

Hello mate, totaly respect your opinion but some of what you said isnt right sorry.

When Brian Laws got sacked Burnley were 2 points off the play offs on 29th December 2010, no where near bottom half.

Eddie Howe took over on January 14th 2011.

In the 3 games in between, Burnley won and lost a game in the league and won in the FA Cup.

At the end of the season Burnley were 7 points off the Play Offs so they actualy went backwards.

I stand corrected then. Maybe Burnley had a good run just before sacking Laws, they were definitely bottom half at some stage of the season which is why Laws was sacked as they were underperforming. Eddie Howe transformed Burnley initially, although as I said they tailed off after their initial good run. But from what i've seen of Eddie Howe and the job he did at Bournemouth, I am expecting him to have a good season with Burnley.

Sun May 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Your right mate, he did pretty well to start.

In his first 10 games they won 6, Drew 3 and lost just the once but then they lost 5 of the next 6.

Then they won 3 on the bounce to give themselves a good chance again, but didnt manage a win in their last 3 games.

I hope he does ok at Burnley, but not to well.. ;)

All im saying realy, in the thread is that it doesnt always pay to appoint a manager who has had a good one season.

Look at Preston when they took Ferguson, Blackburn taking Ince etc etc no one realy knows how they are going to get on do they? Guess thats the risk you take.