Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy on a free?

Sun May 29, 2011 5:06 pm

I see that Man city owners have said that they need to trim their wage bill by £1m a week so less £90K for Craig, and they only have to trim the bill by another £910,000 easy peasy, you know it makes sense :lol:

Re: Bellamy on a free?

Sun May 29, 2011 5:10 pm

Igovernor wrote:I see that Man city owners have said that they need to trim their wage bill by £1m a week so less £90K for Craig, and they only have to trim the bill by another £910,000 easy peasy, you know it makes sense :lol:

aye but the problem is we cant afford to pay him the 90,000 :D

Sun May 29, 2011 5:26 pm

Why would Bellamy accept them cancelling his contract, he is still owed a years (?) salary.

Now they could pay him off and give him the equivalent of half his weeks wages and they then Save 45k a week.

They start to trim their wage bill and Bellamy gets to walk into the City already on 45k a week, we top it up by 15k and he's on a healthy 60k

Sun May 29, 2011 5:26 pm

Well for them to release him they would have to pay up his contract or at least agree a settlement that Bellers would find acceptable. Its clear that Mancini has no interest in using him so I wouldnt be surprised on them offering a settlement which would be close to his full wage and for Bellers to then sign for us and that wage to make up the rest. Suits everyone really

Sun May 29, 2011 6:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Well for them to release him they would have to pay up his contract or at least agree a settlement that Bellers would find acceptable. Its clear that Mancini has no interest in using him so I wouldnt be surprised on them offering a settlement which would be close to his full wage and for Bellers to then sign for us and that wage to make up the rest. Suits everyone really

That would be alright for one season, but would we be able to afford to pay that type of money the following seasons.

Sun May 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Whoever he signs for after next season won't pay him near the money he is on at man city anyway. Then he has a decision to make on what's more important.

Sun May 29, 2011 7:31 pm

actually if bellamy and man city agree to end the contract no fee is needed. BELLAMY WILL be at cardiff next season. my opnion ;) :ayatollah: