Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

68 Days Before It All Starts Again

Mon May 30, 2011 9:50 am

and it's a wet Bank Holiday Monday but not just any Bank Holiday today is the Championship Playoff at Wembley and whilst I thought it would be difficult to feel worse after losing so badly to Reading well a win for the Jacks for me would be almost intolerable.

If the Jacks win I'll have no problem accepting that they will be promoted on merit but on the day that Walesonline are reporting DJ has been asked to prepare his "plan" for the coming season I will be reflecting on just how good our managers plan for last season was.

We all know the target was automatic promotion but lets face it we were never going to be a match for QPR but Norwich took 2nd place with a young manager and a budget below £10m, today Reading & Swansea will fight out the playoff final both clubs have young managers and both clubs operate with budgets around £10m. In my opinion all 3 clubs demonstrated a greater unity as teams than our squad ever did and thats the biggest disappointment to me.

Anyway it's been nearly 2 weeks since our playoff defeat after which we would were promised a full review of last season, if todays article is right and DJ has been asked to put together his plan for next season that for me suggests he is staying and thats a big disappointment. Look last season we collected 80 points more than at anytime in the last 50 years and we should give credit for that but for the money spent was it really that good?

If DJ is staying then I hope the club confirms this as soon as possible because I will need everyone of the 68 days to get my head around it, I won't want to go into the new season still consumed with the negative feelings surrounding this seasons failures.

I had a letter off the club over the weekend, Wayne Nash in particular although he could be bothered to sign it, regarding next seasons stadium parking permit. Typically insensitive bollocks from the club in my opinion being less than 2 weeks since the team f**ked up on promotion and after the club sold 18,000 season tickets could they have left the dust settle a little longer before asking for more money again.

Anyway lots of talk about Chopra and Whitts maybe leaving I have no problem with Chopra but I like Whitts real quality player and in my opinion with the right manager a lot more to come from him. But no talk of new players coming into the club and thats why we need a decision on the manager 68 days seems a long time but it's not we are 30 days from the players returning for pre season and the very last thing we need are built in excuses for DJ about players missing pre season.

TG & VT need to understand the close season at a football club is as important as any other time in the year get it wrong and it can take months to get over it. Time for action guys. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: