Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DAVE JONES - WHAT HAPPENED OVER THE WEEKEND "

Mon May 30, 2011 12:24 pm

I mentioned on here on Saturday that we would know more tomorrow ( Sunday ).

What I can now say is, at the end of last week DJ was asked to present to the Malaysians his plans for the season and what budget he would require to have us promoted.

On Saturday morning Dave Jones met with Gethin Jenkins to discuss those plans also.

On Saturday evening Dave Jones met with his staff ( except Alex Armstrong who is on holiday in USA ) to tell them of his plans for next season and to receive their input also.

This morning Dave Jones was called into the office and told that he was being given his notice.

Re: DAVE JONES - WHAT HAPPENED OVER THE WEEKEND

Mon May 30, 2011 12:25 pm

BIIIIG FUUCKING SMILE :D :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Haha Malaysians just made his sacking sweeter!

Mon May 30, 2011 12:28 pm

I keep reading the words "given his notice", isnt his notice one year? has he just been paid off or is he in theory still on the clubs payroll despite not being manager?

So does that mean his plans involved too much money? :?

If they got too that stage they must have been willing to hear him out.

Obviously the Malaysians were not overly impressed with DJ's plans or vision for next season.
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Mon May 30, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carlccfc wrote:I mentioned on here on Saturday that we would know more tomorrow ( Sunday ).

What I can now say is, at the end of last week DJ was asked to present to the Malaysians his plans for the season and what budget he would require to have us promoted.

On Saturday morning Dave Jones met with Gethin Jenkins to discuss those plans also.

On Saturday evening Dave Jones met with his staff ( except Alex Armstrong who is on holiday in USA ) to tell them of his plans for next season and to receive their input also.

This morning Dave Jones was called into the office and told that he was being given his notice.

I just hope the reason for sacking him is not because we can't afford him anymore?
Last edited by Johnny Rythmn on Mon May 30, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks Carl.It had to happen for the club to progress I feel.
We now have a bit of time to get the right man in for the job.Also a chance to sign some out of contract players and not miss the boat there.Now if anyone will give me Earnie`s home address I will go and get him if I have to carry him to Cardiff the man is a Cardiff legend with a heart of gold !!!!

Mon May 30, 2011 12:30 pm

he must of wanted 10 million to spend and they thought its time for him to go :lol:

RICK+CCFC wrote:Obviously the Malaysians were not overly impressed with DJ's plans or vision for next season.

Jones prolly told the malaysians that he planned to buy several over-rated, injury ridden, useless players again :D :ayatollah:

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:BIIIIG FUUCKING SMILE :D :ayatollah:

It was difficult for me to say anything over the weekend and had to be elusive with my posts to protect the source of information, I did that.

2blue2handle wrote:I keep reading the words "given his notice", isnt his notice one year? has he just been paid off or is he in theory still on the clubs payroll despite not being manager?

I was thinking exactly the same.

Can you clear this up for us Carl?

carlccfc wrote:I mentioned on here on Saturday that we would know more tomorrow ( Sunday ).

TG & VT must have been well impressed with the plan then Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

2blue2handle wrote:I keep reading the words "given his notice", isnt his notice one year? has he just been paid off or is he in theory still on the clubs payroll despite not being manager?

didn't think of it like that :shock:

Mon May 30, 2011 12:31 pm

carl will this mean Terry Burton will be interim manager for now? :ayatollah:

More the case of not throwing more good money into a bad footballing situation.

So did they ask DJ what would it cost to secure promotion then decide it was unfeasible or too costly and so decided to sack DJ :?:

Or did they ask for his views on what we need for promotion with a view to asking someone else to implement them :?:

At least if they are asking how much it will cost to secure promotion then it suggests they are prepared to have another crack at it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm

carl

he was actually told the day after the reading defeat that his budget for next season was zero so he knew his days were numbered then.
the fact that they have given him notice means that because of his rolling contract they can effectively pay him monthly for the next twelve months as oppossed to a lump sum now which makes sense finally.
this also means you can give tg a rest now :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 12:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:

It was difficult for me to say anything over the weekend and had to be elusive with my posts to protect the source of information, I did that.

did your source say stop e.mailing me carl we are dealing with it :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 12:37 pm

steve davies wrote:

carl

he was actually told the day after the reading defeat that his budget for next season was zero so he knew his days were numbered then.
the fact that they have given him notice means that because of his rolling contract they can effectively pay him monthly for the next twelve months as oppossed to a lump sum now which makes sense finally.

I suppose if another club did come in for him they would also have to pay us or he would have to forgo money owed.

I guess he will still be entitled to promotion bonuses then if another manager took us up?

Mon May 30, 2011 12:43 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I have been emailing someone abroad all morning and the reply was that I am " in the midst of matters "

that was 2 hours before Dave Jones news broke :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 12:49 pm

steve davies wrote:

carl

Steve,

Was that budget specifically for Dave Jones, or do you thing a new manager would have an similar pot of money?

Mon May 30, 2011 12:50 pm

[quote="carlccfc"][quote="steve davies"][quote="carlccfc"]"Bridgend_bluebird"]BIIIIG FUUCKING SMILE :D :ayatollah:
It was difficult for me to say anything over the weekend and had to be elusive with my posts to protect the source of information, I did that

I have been emailing someone abroad all morning and the reply was that I am " in the midst of matters "

that was 2 hours before Dave Jones news broke :lol

i can see the press now carl asking tg if he had any sleepless nights over getting rid of dave jones
his reply would be no i was okay with that but i was up most nights answering carl curtis's f*cking e.mails :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 12:53 pm

the truth is Carl was actually emailing Jack Warner at fifa :D :D

now theres a scandal for you ;)

Mon May 30, 2011 12:53 pm

blueheaven wrote:So did they ask DJ what would it cost to secure promotion then decide it was unfeasible or too costly and so decided to sack DJ :?:

Or did they ask for his views on what we need for promotion with a view to asking someone else to implement them :?:

At least if they are asking how much it will cost to secure promotion then it suggests they are prepared to have another crack at it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It would be more likely that when he was asked what went wrong last season he said that the blame lies firmly on the shoulders of;

The Players, the fans, piss poor match officials, no grow lights for the stadium pitch, Steve Borley for not stopping the condensation problem in the House Of Sport, Steve Tucker for being to fat, Chris Wathan for being to short, Terry Phillips for being to far up SH backside, Huw Jenkins for appointing Brenden Rodgers at the Jacks and only giving him a £10m budget, John Madjeski for appointing Brian McDermott at Reading and only giving him a £10m budget, Delia Smith for appointing Paul Lambert at Norwich at only giving him a £9m budget, Billy Davies for being Billy Davies, QPR appointing that b*stard Warnock who always gets promoted, Paul Abbandanato at Mediawales for saying something intellgent about something which had nothing to do with him, Annis Abraham for constantly going on about me being useless on that messageboard of his, that Carl Curtis guy for telling everyone that if we were within 2 points of the top 2 at the end of February we would get promoted, Arsene Wenger for insisting on taking back Aaron Ramsey an absolutely tw*t thing to do, all those fricking keyboard warriors on that Cardiff City Forum thing, the FL for allowing Norwich to play on a Thursday night, the other tw*t clubs who kept on winning and stopped us from statying 2nd, the FL for appointing me Manager of The Month for October, The media for asking questions why the feck I had to put up with that bullshit is beyond me, Gethin Jenkins for not dealing with my precious players who thought it was OK to go out on the piss before the borough game, VT &TG for unreasonable expectation levels by believing there was any chance I would get this club promoted, VT for only loaning us his private plane on one occasion, Ali for not doing his job better and creating a better atmosphere in the stadium, to many Malaysian visitors than put unreasonable pressure on me to win games, to many fans in the stadium putting unreasonable pressure on me to win games, fans constantly moaning about me not clapping them at the end of games just who the feck do they think they are, and of course the biggest culprit it the tw*t at this football club who gives that Carl Curtis guy all the inside information.

Me well of course I did absolutely nothing wrong. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Back of the Net wrote:
steve davies wrote:

carl

Steve,

Was that budget specifically for Dave Jones, or do you thing a new manager would have an similar pot of money?

no that was the malaysian way of saying your not wanted.
he made a deal with vt and tg of auto's if he was backed in january but the bro game certainly killed off any slim chances of being retained

Mon May 30, 2011 1:06 pm

I heard that part of DJ's plans and costs was to go and purchase every pub/bar/nightclub within a 50 mile radius of Cardiff and change the opening hours to make sure that they closed at least 72 hours before very league game. He was also hoping to secure all the rights to CCTV footage of the drinks section of all local supermarkets. By doing this he reckoned he could get 20 goals from Michael Chopra next season! :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 1:07 pm

castleblue wrote:It would be more likely that when he was asked what went wrong last season he said that the blame lies firmly on the shoulders of;

The Players, the fans, piss poor match officials, no grow lights for the stadium pitch, Steve Borley for not stopping the condensation problem in the House Of Sport, Steve Tucker for being to fat, Chris Wathan for being to short, Terry Phillips for being to far up SH backside, Huw Jenkins for appointing Brenden Rodgers at the Jacks and only giving him a £10m budget, John Madjeski for appointing Brian McDermott at Reading and only giving him a £10m budget, Delia Smith for appointing Paul Lambert at Norwich at only giving him a £9m budget, Billy Davies for being Billy Davies, QPR appointing that b*stard Warnock who always gets promoted, Paul Abbandanato at Mediawales for saying something intellgent about something which had nothing to do with him, Annis Abraham for constantly going on about me being useless on that messageboard of his, that Carl Curtis guy for telling everyone that if we were within 2 points of the top 2 at the end of February we would get promoted, Arsene Wenger for insisting on taking back Aaron Ramsey an absolutely tw*t thing to do, all those fricking keyboard warriors on that Cardiff City Forum thing, the FL for allowing Norwich to play on a Thursday night, the other tw*t clubs who kept on winning and stopped us from statying 2nd, the FL for appointing me Manager of The Month for October, The media for asking questions why the feck I had to put up with that bullshit is beyond me, Gethin Jenkins for not dealing with my precious players who thought it was OK to go out on the piss before the borough game, VT &TG for unreasonable expectation levels by believing there was any chance I would get this club promoted, VT for only loaning us his private plane on one occasion, Ali for not doing his job better and creating a better atmosphere in the stadium, to many Malaysian visitors than put unreasonable pressure on me to win games, to many fans in the stadium putting unreasonable pressure on me to win games, fans constantly moaning about me not clapping them at the end of games just who the feck do they think they are, and of course the biggest culprit it the tw*t at this football club who gives that Carl Curtis guy all the inside information.

Me well of course I did absolutely nothing wrong. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: Fair do's I'm crying

Mon May 30, 2011 1:07 pm

DWQPR wrote:I heard that part of DJ's plans and costs was to go and purchase every pub/bar/nightclub within a 50 mile radius of Cardiff and change the opening hours to make sure that they closed at least 72 hours before very league game. He was also hoping to secure all the rights to CCTV footage of the drinks section of all local supermarkets. By doing this he reckoned he could get 20 goals from Michael Chopra next season! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 1:15 pm

castleblue wrote:
blueheaven wrote:So did they ask DJ what would it cost to secure promotion then decide it was unfeasible or too costly and so decided to sack DJ :?:

It would be more likely that when he was asked what went wrong last season he said that the blame lies firmly on the shoulders of;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: