Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

He WASN'T the best we ever had

Mon May 30, 2011 5:43 pm

DJ achieved NOTHING. Compared to previous managers (even with the Hammam/Ridsdale fincancial mess), Jones has had better than anyone. Better players. Better stadium. Higher attendances.

Even Lennie Lawrence managed a PROMOTION- with bl00dy andy campbell coming off the bench and Spencer Prior at the back!!!

Jones has squandered the opportunities that came his way. Under a better manager our squad this season would have walked the league.

Hopefully his welcome (but after the horse has bolted) departure will bring about a change of ethos at the club.

And hopefully Swansea's promotion will wake up some of our fans who constantly settle for being "better than the 60's/70's/80's/90's."

Settle and be overtaken. Simple as. All the DJ IN brigade would accuse the DJ out brigade of "wanting" us to mess up. This waqs never the case. It's just the farce waas predictable and could have been resolved back in November if not the Summer.

Onwards we go now. With much lower expectations. But we need to build for the long term now, and for goodness sake stop settling for being nearly men, cos by settling for that we are now the 2cnd best team in Wales.

Re: He WASN'T the best we ever had

Mon May 30, 2011 5:50 pm

At moaning and blaming anyone other than himself he was truly in a class of his own.

Mon May 30, 2011 5:55 pm

At the moment he feels like the worse manager we have ever had and I will say that feeling is going to be around for a long time.

Mon May 30, 2011 6:04 pm

He was an arrogant c**t who hated us. And we've had some cunts manage us..kenny hibbert, russel osman, phil neill to name a few

Mon May 30, 2011 6:07 pm

This season him and the players, staff and board have been unbelievably inept! I blame them all for this dark day! Don't think I will ever forgive them for this shambles but hopefully a new dawn awaits now and ccfc will prosper again!

Mon May 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:This season him and the players, staff and board have been unbelievably inept! I blame them all for this dark day! Don't think I will ever forgive them for this shambles but hopefully a new dawn awaits now and ccfc will prosper again!

We ahve got rid of DJ. We have got rid of Samules, Bywater and nearly Bothroyd. I hope Chopra gets the boot now. After that I dont have an issue with anyone else.

Mon May 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Hope Gerrard stays now and shows his Hull form. Future captain in my eyes. Also give Wildig a go.

Mon May 30, 2011 6:19 pm

good post :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 8:33 pm

No he wasn't the best we've ever had. Remember we were 12th i the champinonship under Lennie Lawrence. think we ended up 13th after Jones's 1st season.

We do need someone good now tho. We don't need any of Jones's management team.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:13 pm

"DJ achieved NOTHING. Compared to previous managers (even with the Hammam/Ridsdale fincancial mess), Jones has had better than anyone. Better players. Better stadium. Higher attendances."

I am not taking sides but .....

WHO chose those better players, and who attracted those better players (be it with persuasion or money or other means) ?
The higher attendances surely followed the arival of those players and the improved results.

Give the man some credit, even if you think unprecedented consistent high league positions is a failure.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Wembley three times and dealing with Hammam and Ridsdale.

Anybody who can do this to a club like Cardiff City (where were we when he came here... where the f**k were we? Nowhere still.) deserves more than some bitter fans jumped up off the back of tiny Swansea Town's lucky promotion. Get over it. We're still Cardiff, and that alone makes us superior.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:48 pm

If someone can tell me what is BETTER about the club because of
Dave Jones then ill be grateful.

Has he revamped the youth set-up?

Do we regularly see exciting young talent break into the first team?

Do we now have a competitive reserve team and a quick turnaround for injured players?

Most importantly... What players has he left here??

All the loan boys are gone. Bothroyd, Boyd, Matthews, Whittingham all look to be offski!

Jones flattered to decieve at this club. CONSTANTLY blaming lack of funds even when we
were paying the highest wages in the division, and when he finally DID get the 'quality squad'
he was after... he couldnt manage them.

there is no David Jones legacy here.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:At the moment he feels like the worse manager we have ever had and I will say that feeling is going to be around for a long time.

Utter rubbush

Mon May 30, 2011 9:51 pm

good post fully agree :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:good post fully agree :ayatollah:

Am i gonna beat you to 1000 posts LOL, whos post do u mean ??

Mon May 30, 2011 10:03 pm

blackmountainrambler wrote:No he wasn't the best we've ever had. Remember we were 12th i the champinonship under Lennie Lawrence. think we ended up 13th after Jones's 1st season.

So because we finished 13th in his first season and Lennie finished 12th the season before Lennie is better???

Despite the fact we have finished 7th 4th and 4th in the last 3

Mon May 30, 2011 10:04 pm

blackmountainrambler wrote:No he wasn't the best we've ever had. Remember we were 12th i the champinonship under Lennie Lawrence. think we ended up 13th after Jones's 1st season.

So because we finished 13th in his first season and Lennie finished 12th the season before Lennie is better???

Mon May 30, 2011 10:35 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:At the moment he feels like the worse manager we have ever had and I will say that feeling is going to be around for a long time.

Utter rubbush

The best squad we have ever had and he totally fucked it up.

No manager in the 40 years that I have been watching the club have had the resources he has had. The best squad he said at the start of the season but come January he is asking for more players. He gets another chance and still screws it up. A dreadful manager and not worth the wages we were paying him.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 pm

I think hes the best manager in my time we have ever had. I mean 6 seasons in charge and hes kept us afloat for those seasons however yes he did make some bad decisions but dont all managers. I think hes served us well and im quite gutted hes gone tbh. All this specualtion about O'Neil houghton etc i think its impossible. I have a sneeky feeling we are going to end up with some whoray henry and may have a relegation battle on our hands with players leaving etc. What player or manager will want to come to a club with massive pressure on getting us up ??? I also blame the players for not get us up i think Jones is not fully at fault !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: either way prem, championship, lg1 lge2 conferance it doesnt matter cos ill be there with my little pick n shovel BLUE ARMY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm just ecstatic he's gone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Die Walkure wrote:I'm just ecstatic he's gone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 11:07 pm

I'm buzzing he's gone! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 11:11 pm

The team were a direct reflection of Dave Jones, slightly above average, but dour & moody, & fundamentally lazy. He distanced himself from the fans, the media, & ultimately the Club itself. His answer to a problem was to simply replace or change it with another problem. There is now a massive rebuilding program planned at City [again]. DJ certainly didn't think that internal development & growth were that important.

Tue May 31, 2011 7:09 am

Elwood Blues wrote:

If going by notable achievments one could argue Lawrence was better since he has a Promotion to his name. But nobody has told me yet why FA CUP winning George Latham is never considered our best manager ever.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:22 pm

surely the last man to take us into the old 1st division would be better than dave jones?

Tue May 31, 2011 4:31 pm

I agree with most of the comments dave jones is a professional and competent manager but he is uninspiring poor at communicating with both press and fans alike.He was well respected by the players and that shows through the loyalty they showed him by going out on the piss lol but seriously he wasn't terrible he just done as much as he can he needs a new challenge as much as city need a fresh start but remember an Fa cup final a play off final and play off semi not exactly shit by our standards i mean when did city last win anything not including welsh cups or promotion from division nowhere.I think history will see him in a better light but that said im glad he's gone we should set our standards high and go after Martin O'Neill as for Grant id rather have Pol Pot.We need a real passionate guy in charge someone who lives and breathes football with excellent contacts throughout the game a communicator and someone who knows the power of the soundbite i mean say what you like about warnock but what a record what a motivator a truly great manager in the lower echelons.As for the jacks well done good luck next season cos you'll need it they have exceeded their own expectations but they have neither the budget or the players to survive in the prem i give em one season unless they hock the entire net worth of the city of swansea and get DROGBA FOR 90 MINS LOL. ANYONE DISAGREES WITH WHAT IVE SAID AND ILL HAPPILY MEET UP AND KICK YOUR HEAD IN THATS THE WAY TO SETTLE ARGUMENTS NOT NAMBY PAMBY MESSAGE BOARDS LOL