Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones was a gent...he deserved a bit more respect

Mon May 30, 2011 7:09 pm

Two fourth place finishes in two seasons and we sack him.

Shame on us.

Re: Dave Jones was a gent...he deserved a bit more respect

Mon May 30, 2011 7:10 pm

exactly 4th, no more can be said its just not good enough with the budget that he had

Mon May 30, 2011 7:11 pm

I believe it was time for him to go.

But although we aint gone up its been gr8 contesting for promotion, almost done it, and a cup final. Rather than fighting relegation like a lot of clubs

Yeah with the players he should of taken us up this year but I firmly believe a new manager in can make that happen!!!

Mon May 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Promising your bosses that you'll do something if you are given lots of funding by them, and then failing to do it in spectacularly lame style generally doesn't secure your position.

Mon May 30, 2011 7:13 pm

recharding wrote:Two fourth place finishes in two seasons and we sack him.

Shame on us.

:lol: :lol: Good joke made my day

Mon May 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Shame on us.

Did he respect the fans NO :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 7:20 pm

I respect Pol Pot and Adolf Hitler more than him

Mon May 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I respect Pol Pot and Adolf Hitler more than him

Oh ffs. Have you been at the cooking sherry again :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm

hey guys,
As much as i'm glad DJ is gone, no need to disrespect the guy. In that time I have enjoyed watching city, been to Wembley three times, and we have finished in top 6 in past 2 seasons. At the same time it took a lot of bottle by the malaysians sacking DJ, whilst I thank him for what he has done with the club, it is time to move on.

Onwards and Upwards, I'm Bluebird till i die :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 7:28 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I respect Pol Pot and Adolf Hitler more than him

Oh ffs. Have you been at the cooking sherry again :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes

Mon May 30, 2011 7:28 pm

BradSK wrote:Promising your bosses that you'll do something if you are given lots of funding by them, and then failing to do it in spectacularly lame style generally doesn't secure your position.

I agree, DJ Actually Said he would Guarantee them promotion :roll:

Mon May 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Respect works both ways, and I for one cannot forgive his contempt for us the fans. His lack of understanding for our passion the club is and was disgraceful.

Mon May 30, 2011 7:33 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Respect works both ways, and I for one cannot forgive his contempt for us the fans. His lack of understanding for our passion the club is and was disgraceful.

Well said

Mon May 30, 2011 7:33 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:hey guys,
As much as i'm glad DJ is gone, no need to disrespect the guy. In that time I have enjoyed watching city, been to Wembley three times, and we have finished in top 6 in past 2 seasons. At the same time it took a lot of bottle by the malaysians sacking DJ, whilst I thank him for what he has done with the club, it is time to move on.

totally agree!! he's done well for us in the past but a change was needed!! :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Shame on us.

The fans also deserved more respect from Jones but we didn't get it! I'm afraid he lost the fans, the players and the play offs he had to go.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:14 pm

brewer918 wrote:

totally agree!! he's done well for us in the past but a change was needed!! :ayatollah:

Ditto. thanks DJ all the best for the future

Mon May 30, 2011 8:16 pm

asjaber wrote:

Shame on us.

Did he respect the fans NO :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

DEF NOT, DJ Despised us.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Bollox. He was a loser and completely tactically inept. Look at his track record elsewhere also nevermind his 6 years here. Not exactly brilliant. Good riddance.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:31 pm

i have to agree with you there. I feel, in MY opinion, the vitriol directed towards DJ is bordering on the embarrasing at times. i'm sure the adults will agree with that

Mon May 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Shame on us.

Big deal, we're still in the same league next year. Missed out on £90m, because of his mis-management.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Jones had about £4.5m worth of respect from the club.

Get over his dismissal.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:46 pm

valleycasual wrote:

i have to agree with you there. I feel, in MY opinion, the vitriol directed towards DJ is bordering on the embarrasing at times. i'm sure the adults will agree with that

Agree as well, I'm not for slagging off someone after they've just been sacked, although I agree it was time for him to go.

Tue May 31, 2011 12:42 pm

a gent would have acknowledged fans especially children at pre season games when asking for autographs and wishing him luck for the coming season not grunt at them and stomp passed

Tue May 31, 2011 12:55 pm

I thank him for some of the things he did for us, never dreamt I'd see an FA cup final. 8-)

I didn't like the way he always tried to get players not to 'play the occasion' when in my opinion players should've been absolutely relishing such big matches. :shock:

As for respect...not for the numerous digs he had at people who work hard to get the money together to watch THEIR (not his) club. :shock:

Tue May 31, 2011 12:58 pm

alot of people took the bait

Tue May 31, 2011 1:03 pm

Shame on us.

Right , but how does that make him a gent? He was a self righteous, arrogant, egotistical, paranoid bastad who hated us!

Tue May 31, 2011 1:07 pm

Shame on us.

yep, he was a belter !!

respect?? he had none for me and 25000 others so why should I personally respect him.
the bloke is a ****.
time to move on and unite the club and fans and move forward under a man who cares :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 1:23 pm

I don't think that DJ was a gent actually. No gent would talk to the press in such a condescending way and if you studied his interviews then you would see that he constantly belittled the press even when they were asking perfectly legitimate questions. No gent would have publically humiliated a young man (Adam Matthews) in front of the media in the manner in which he did. A true gent would not have had such a loathing for his own fans and a true gent would always admit when he is in the wrong. Dave will be remembered as different things to different perople but to call him a gent is stretching the truth.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Marshall and Heaton out , Bellamy out - ifs and buts but we would have done reading if Heaton in goal , Bellamy playing , cant blame Jones for injuries

Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Marshall and Heaton out , Bellamy out - ifs and buts but we would have done reading if Heaton in goal , Bellamy playing , cant blame Jones for injuries

We would of lost had these two been playing IMO. There was no team spirit and there were some in our team that didn't give a shit if we won or not. 2 Years running Bothroyd fucked us over in the Playoffs. Hopefully next season we can put that behaviour behind us.