Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Dave Jones was a gent...he deserved a bit more respect

Tue May 31, 2011 2:47 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:I don't think that DJ was a gent actually. No gent would talk to the press in such a condescending way and if you studied his interviews then you would see that he constantly belittled the press even when they were asking perfectly legitimate questions. No gent would have publically humiliated a young man (Adam Matthews) in front of the media in the manner in which he did. A true gent would not have had such a loathing for his own fans and a true gent would always admit when he is in the wrong. Dave will be remembered as different things to different perople but to call him a gent is stretching the truth.

Summed up perfectly!

I still think that in years to come, on the whole I will remember DJ's tenure as successful and I think he did a good job considering the problems at the club etc...

But DJ's fatal error was not winning the fans and media over. Him being so blunt with the fans meant that when things started to go badly wrong in the second half of this season, he had nobody behind him, which evidently made the pressure 10 times worse and as a result, revealed him to be a total and utter bottler, therefore sealing his fate.

The Jacks turned up in 6th gear for their big games, while we turned up and crumbled like soggy digestives!

The sight of their manager running up and down the touchline giving high-fives to the fans shows the energy and passion that the Jacks were playing with and have flowing through their team.......and sadly our manager standing motionless with his hands in his pockets summed up perfectly the energy and passion flowing through ours!

Tue May 31, 2011 3:49 pm

recharding wrote:Two fourth place finishes in two seasons and we sack him.

Shame on us.

What reel are you using? :lol:

Tue May 31, 2011 4:10 pm

Lost Profits wrote:Bollox. He was a loser and completely tactically inept. Look at his track record elsewhere also nevermind his 6 years here. Not exactly brilliant. Good riddance.

He was a loser and completely tactically inept.

Mr Jones is not a loser! He's just a guy who never wins! :D