Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CRAIG BELLAMY AND THE MALAYSIANS MEETING "

Mon May 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Craig Bellamy will not be flying out to Malaysia as he has already had a second meeting with them via telephone/video link.

Craig was told of their plans to make him a player coach, as was discussed in his first meeting with them after the Middlesbrough game, but he was told of their plans and that Dave Jones was not to be part of them.

Bellamy as been told that they would like him to coach with our team and complete his A licence badge whilst with us and the prospect of managing Cardiff City in the future.

Obviously there will have to be an agreement reached with Man City first for any of this to happen.

For my personal opinion, if this happens then I would guess that this would involve Craig working alongside somebody probably already at our club.

Re: BELLAMY AND THE MALAYSIANS MEETING

Mon May 30, 2011 7:24 pm

Yes Carl, just been told exactly the same, they want Bells to become the eventual manager in a yr or 2 . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think also TG has personally come over to speak to Bells before, Bells went on his hols :ayatollah:

its got to be burton then

Forever Blue wrote:Yes Carl, just been told exactly the same, they want Bells to become the eventual manager in a yr or 2 . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah

I think also TG has personally come over to speak to Bells before, Bells went on his hols :ayatollah:
:

Hope they don't tell Martin O Neil that :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 7:25 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:its got to be burton then

That is only my personal opinion Baz, I wouldn't want anyone distorting what I have said now, would I :D

Re: " CRAIG BELLAMY AND THE MALAYSIANS MEETING "

Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm

[quote="carlccfc"]Craig Bellamy will not be flying out to Malaysia as he has already had a second meeting with them via telephone/video link.

Craig was told of their plans to make him a player coach, as was discussed in his first meeting with them after the Middlesbrough game, but he was told of their plans and that Dave Jones was not to be part of them.

Bellamy as been told that they would like him to coach with our team and complete his A licence badge whilst with us and the prospect of managing Cardiff City in the future.

Burton and Ardley ????????????????????

Mon May 30, 2011 7:27 pm

sounds good to me BUT, if warnock was to become available, they categorically have to get him. he would get us promoted within two seasons virtually guarenteed.

Mon May 30, 2011 7:30 pm

it has to be burton/ardley,no big name manager is going to relocate to cardiff knowing that he is waiting for bellamy to pass his coaching badges. i think bellamy would be a great manager when hes got his qualifications :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 7:30 pm

So Burton would be manager on paper only with Bellamy really pulling the strings until he has his badges and can be the official manager?

Best option would be to bring in an experienced manager on a 1 year contract imo.

Mon May 30, 2011 7:31 pm

it will be burton....bellers trusts and respects him and would be able to let him deal with everything off the pitch when bellers is due to play

Mon May 30, 2011 7:32 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig Bellamy will not be flying out to Malaysia as he has already had a second meeting with them via telephone/video link.

Obviously there will have to be an agreement reached with Man City first for any of this to happen.

For my personal opinion, if this happens then I would guess that this would involve Craig working alongside somebody probably already at our club.

Poor decision from the club. Nobody currently at the club can take us beyond 4th spot. We are now living in the shadow of a premier league club and if it wasn't already it is now shit or bust.
Last edited by dorsetblue on Mon May 30, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 30, 2011 7:32 pm

that news is just what the doctor ordered :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 7:35 pm

Martin O'Neill 6/4
Billy Davies 5/1
Craig Bellamy 7/1
Chris Hughton 9/1
Roberto Di Matteo 9/1
Alan Curbishley 14/1
Peter Reid 14/1
Mark Robins 14/1
Paul Ince 14/1
Sean O'Driscoll 16/1
Gordon Strachan 16/1
Aidy Bothroyd 16/1
Alan Irvine 16/1
Neil Warnock 16/1
Iain Dowie 16/1
Gareth Southgate 16/1
Malky Mackay 16/1
Gary Megson 20/1
Ian Holloway 20/1
Roy Keane 20/1
John Toshack 20/1
Lee Clark 20/1
Phil Brown 20/1
Sam Allardyce 20/1
Guy Poyet 33/1
Ryan Giggs 33/1
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D :D

Mon May 30, 2011 7:39 pm

where's the odds for Burton and/or Ardley ?

Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Well that blows my theory. Just spent half an hour writing it.

Mon May 30, 2011 7:46 pm

I can't see Craig coming if there's no budget for players.
There are some decent players out of contract.
If we don't act now we are looking at relegation.
You don't Tread Water in this game .

Mon May 30, 2011 8:00 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig Bellamy will not be flying out to Malaysia as he has already had a second meeting with them via telephone/video link.

Wouldn't be at all happy with that a rookie who is still player and a number two or three ?????

We need a proper manager like Martin O'neil or Warnock, Craig can still learn but with a top Manager teaching him, Craig can wait 5 years or so to take over...............

Mon May 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Could be a gamble worth trying. I don't actually mind if they let Ardley have a go.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:39 pm

bellers was never going to fly out there,

he on holiday in turket at moment

Mon May 30, 2011 8:43 pm

I think Bellamy is good for the club as he's Cardiff born and his heart is in it. He needs to get his badges and work alongside a good manager. We need someone who has managerial experience and can connect with the players.

Any of the top 5 in the above list is fine by me. My favourite is Chris Hughton. I thought he did a great job with Newcastle with Mike Ashley being a thorn in his side. Hughton did nothing to warrant being sacked. Remember, O'Neil walked because he was told there was no money for players.

I think DJ did a good job at Cardiff (except the second half of this season) but it was time to move on for fresh ideas.

Well done to Swansea. Rodgers kept them at it. Just a real shame it wasn't us.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:48 pm

speak to burton down the gym alot he got the respect of the players and most importantly bellamy. so could see it being burton to be honest.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:speak to burton down the gym alot he got the respect of the players and most importantly bellamy. so could see it being burton to be honest.

May have a cock and hen on him at the bookies now. ;)

Mon May 30, 2011 9:02 pm

My opinion is Craig is not ready to be a manager just yet to play and manage at this level is to much.

Craig has no experience of managing and it may be the best thing for this club or the worst.

It would be a big gamble again next season and as much as I love bellas and his commitment to us I think we need a more experienced manager at the helm.Not someone past it but someone thats worn the t shirt and done it .Just somebody thats managed before and knows the job at this level.

Bellas could be a player coach which he more or less did last season I think.

If he came in I would support him no doubt about that but lets wait and see first.

Would love craig back at city as a player and I hope he comes back to us.

Would like to say stuff swansea up your ass

Mon May 30, 2011 9:15 pm

Good post Brickyblue

A good player does not necessarily make a good manager. in time Bellamy may well become a good manager but what City need at present is a person with solid managerial experiece at the highest level.
If the Malaysians really want to be in the big time, nothing else will suffice.
if the club have any sense, all the deadwood will be removed before the new manager arrives.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:22 pm

A Bellamy and Burton combo would be decent.

I would absolute love to see O'Neill, Hughton, Di Matteo or Clark at City though.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:25 pm

Two extremes here.

Terry Burton... old, experienced, popular 'old pro'

But a bit too 'Lenny Lawrence' for me. I believe we need a younger more
vibrant manager, someone with their finger on the pulse.

Craig Bellamy... Young, intelligent, brilliant footballing brain, massively motivated.

But lacking any experience of management, so how does anybody know he will
take to it? Is he perhaps too volatile for a managers job??

I can see the Club getting stuck between a rock and a hard place here by going
down this route

But am not at all concerned. Vincent Tan will get it right this time

Mon May 30, 2011 9:30 pm

dorsetblue wrote:

Poor decision from the club. Nobody currently at the club can take us beyond 4th spot. We are now living in the shadow of a premier league club and if it wasn't already it is now shit or bust.

Bollocks. We will never be, we never have be, we are not in the shadow of TINY Swansea Town.

I understand it might still be a bit raw but the reality is they've won a couple of games in succession at the right time.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Can not see that working. My opinion.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:46 pm

Where's Richie Morgan these days?

But seriously, we need to be careful here. The Championship is pretty tough, and very easy to drop out of. Ask the Sheffield clubs. Last time Swansea were in the top flight (and it seems like yesterday :old: ) we ended up in Division Three for a season, two below them.

By all means bring Craig on board (after all, he is a serious student of the game ) but he needs a wiser, older head in charge. Might be Terry Burton, not too much upheaval at the club, keep the nucleus, but sort out that defence. :o :shock: That's why we did not go up.

Tricky time, but lets stick together, and be positive. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 10:00 pm

We have a team to build, 10+ players, so we need to appoint a manager to begin. If we appoint Burton with the plan that Bellers joins him, what happens if Man City don't support him, we've got TB, which wouldnt inspire me TBH.

For me, if we can develop Bellers great, a possible leader for us down the road; but we must deal with today & Id prefer an experienced hand with a proven record of winning.

I also have concerns over our selection team, shows our lack of football knowledge at the club, so how strong is our football blueprint for the future?