Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CRAIG BELLAMY AND THE MALAYSIANS MEETING "

Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 pm

I really do hope Bellers will be with us next season. It would give the club a massive lift which it badly needs at this present time.

Personally, I would like to see an experienced manager come in and Bellers as a player/coach. :ayatollah:

But if they promote someone from within the football club, I will give them and the Malaysians my full backing.

Mon May 30, 2011 11:47 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Craig Bellamy will not be flying out to Malaysia as he has already had a second meeting with them via telephone/video link.

Craig was told of their plans to make him a player coach, as was discussed in his first meeting with them after the Middlesbrough game, but he was told of their plans and that Dave Jones was not to be part of them.

Bellamy as been told that they would like him to coach with our team and complete his A licence badge whilst with us and the prospect of managing Cardiff City in the future.

Obviously there will have to be an agreement reached with Man City first for any of this to happen.

For my personal opinion, if this happens then I would guess that this would involve Craig working alongside somebody probably already at our club.

Poor decision from the club. Nobody currently at the club can take us beyond 4th spot. We are now living in the shadow of a premier league club and if it wasn't already it is now shit or bust.

Bollocks. We will never be, we never have be, we are not in the shadow of TINY Swansea Town.

I understand it might still be a bit raw but the reality is they've won a couple of games in succession at the right time.

Tue May 31, 2011 8:55 am

This would be a terrible decision IMO, but it wouldn't surprise me either, as at this moment, I don't believe that there is anyone at the club who is experienced enough or decisive enough to appoint the right manager. I think they are listening to everyone, but I'm not sure antone there has it in them to make the right judgement. If the plan was ultimately to mould Bellamy into a manager, then we might as well have kept DJ there,who is vastly experienced, and would have made a good mentor for Bellamy.
Bellamy was captain last year, and we had some piss poor performances on that pitch, so I'm not even convinced that he is a motivator or leader of other men. I certainly have to question his diplomacy or tactical ability. Good players, in most cases don't make good managers. Ultimately, Bellamy needs time, giving him such responsibility now, may well finish his managerial career, before it's even begun.
To appoint burton and Ardley, would surely be nothing more than cost saving, they have done nothing to warrant any kind of promotion to first team coach or manager. If Cardiff can't afford to bring in a big name manager, then fair enough, but there are managers out there like Martin Allen, who would IMO cost no more than £200k a year and would be more than capable of managing and getting a team promoted.

Tue May 31, 2011 12:54 pm

This would be a terrible decision IMO, but it wouldn't surprise me either, as at this moment, I don't believe that there is anyone at the club who is experienced enough or decisive enough to appoint the right manager. I think they are listening to everyone, but I'm not sure antone there has it in them to make the right judgement. If the plan was ultimately to mould Bellamy into a manager, then we might as well have kept DJ there,who is vastly experienced, and would have made a good mentor for Bellamy.
Bellamy was captain last year, and we had some piss poor performances on that pitch, so I'm not even convinced that he is a motivator or leader of other men. I certainly have to question his diplomacy or tactical ability. Good players, in most cases don't make good managers. Ultimately, Bellamy needs time, giving him such responsibility now, may well finish his managerial career, before it's even begun.
To appoint burton and Ardley, would surely be nothing more than cost saving, they have done nothing to warrant any kind of promotion to first team coach or manager. If Cardiff can't afford to bring in a big name manager, then fair enough, but there are managers out there like Martin Allen, who would IMO cost no more than £200k a year and would be more than capable of managing and getting a team promoted.

I believe Burton could be a good choice, the issue with DJ, he lost alot of respect from the players, with the likes of Quinn, Gerrard, Gypes, Matthews and Marshall and even more with the youth players from the academy system. You look at Newcastle when they got relegated from the premiership, the sacking of countless managers beforehand, when they appointed Chris Hughton (he was only an assistant at the time) he did an amazing job, he had respect of the players....something which I believe Burton has.

Alot of people are calling for Ardley to exit, you must surely have lost the plot....he has nothing to do with the first team football, all he has been involved with is the youth side of the football, hes even been pestering DJ to play Matthews, Wildig and last season Megginis to play more first team football. We know our youth system got talent, if we dont utilise it, then why have an academy which we'll never use.

I believe the club should open up the vacancy for the next manager (similar to what Swansea did with Brendon), the club should not approach anyone, but they should approach us like any other job, and should show desire to succeed and manage our club. Like any jobs, negotiate the salary package etc.......dont care who manages Cardiff, has long they got passion to succeed, I'll be happy.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!!!!! BLUEBIRD TILL I DIE :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 2:12 pm

I agree about needing a proven manager.

If they can't afford to spend on a manager then fair enough, but if the Malaysians are serious about getting us up to the Premiership, then splashing out on a top class manager is the only way to do it - someone who has experience of working with a shoestring budget and uses heart and hardwork to turn average players into winners!

It was the lack of effort in some of those performances this season that have hurt the most....

Tue May 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Our MD has ruled out Craig Bellemy as player coach, we may get him back as a player but his agent says they are open to offers.

Personally I think this is a good thing,we need a proven manager.

See BBC website
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/football/13597348.