Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The new boss

Mon May 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Am I being optomistic here?

Todays sacking of DJ is a plan coming together. I just feel the club held out until they knew the West Ham job was filled. I think the club were hoping DJ would get the job to save any compensation payout. Is it such a coincidence that as the West Ham avenue was closed literaly soon after DJ is sacked?

Personally now I think DJ would have been sacked after the Reading game if West Ham had not been relegated. This would have meant the Hatters getting a decent premier manager in to replace Grant or perhaps stick with the isreali. Is he Isreali? However West Ham were relegated so the possible option of getting rid of Dj for nothing was worth waiting for.

Anyway that is one part of the plan. The other part is to replace DJ. I have a feeling the club have had this all decided for a while. I feel the club have already talked to the new manager and have agreed terms. I believe they have arranged all this even in the eventuality that we did go up. That is they had intentions of getting rid of DJ regardless.

So who is this new manager? Well I think we can disregard a few that have been mentioned due to the fact they already have a club and so therefore cannot speak to us such as the likes of Billy Davies. Remember I'm claiming these talks took place while the season was coming to an end so those managers in employment cannot speak to us without prior permission from the other clubs.

So who does that leave? Well actually quite a few and most of them have already been mentioned on here. So it is difficult to pick a favourite really as there are pros and con with all of them. However I have picked a front runner and I will give you my reasons. Some of you will think I am deluded but most if not all we hope I am spot on. So here goes.

For the investment of Cardiff City to work for the Malaysians they need to he club in the premier. Their inherited manager has failed them. I could have told them that in the beginning but did they listen to me, did they heck. Anyway because they waste of space failed that does not mean they have to pull back on everything. They are billionaires they dont need to . However they are billionaires because they dont throw money at things unless they feel it is worth it. Last season they threw money at the project because it was highly likely that the goal would be achieved. So why not this year, nothing ventured nothing gain like? I think they will.

So getting straight to the point now we know they will make funds available I'm going for Martin O'Neil. I believe they have talked to him and he has told them wath players he wants to bring in. I beleive they have agreed to his terms and O'Neil has already approached some of these players via proper means. The only possible example I an going to give here is Reo-Coker who has played for O'Neil. I believe O'Neil already has his squad and it is just a question of going and getting them.

Re: The new boss

Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Hope you are right Ian :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 pm

carlsberg dont do promising messageboard posts ..but if they do this would be one if them :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Ian,

Who are the Hatters??????, my local team ..........LOL

Mon May 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Hope your right though mate, O`Neill would be huge for us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 8:05 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Ian,

Who are the Hatters??????, my local team ..........LOL

Hehe, was not looking at what I was typing. The Hammers.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:06 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Am I being optomistic here?

Todays sacking of DJ is a plan coming together. I just feel the club held out until they knew the West Ham job was filled. I think the club were hoping DJ would get the job to save any compensation payout. Is it such a coincidence that as the West Ham avenue was closed literaly soon after DJ is sacked?

Personally now I think DJ would have been sacked after the Reading game if West Ham had not been relegated. This would have meant the Hatters getting a decent premier manager in to replace Grant or perhaps stick with the isreali. Is he Isreali? However West Ham were relegated so the possible option of getting rid of Dj for nothing was worth waiting for.

Anyway that is one part of the plan. The other part is to replace DJ. I have a feeling the club have had this all decided for a while. I feel the club have already talked to the new manager and have agreed terms. I believe they have arranged all this even in the eventuality that we did go up. That is they had intentions of getting rid of DJ regardless.

So who is this new manager? Well I think we can disregard a few that have been mentioned due to the fact they already have a club and so therefore cannot speak to us such as the likes of Billy Davies. Remember I'm claiming these talks took place while the season was coming to an end so those managers in employment cannot speak to us without prior permission from the other clubs.

So who does that leave? Well actually quite a few and most of them have already been mentioned on here. So it is difficult to pick a favourite really as there are pros and con with all of them. However I have picked a front runner and I will give you my reasons. Some of you will think I am deluded but most if not all we hope I am spot on. So here goes.

For the investment of Cardiff City to work for the Malaysians they need to he club in the premier. Their inherited manager has failed them. I could have told them that in the beginning but did they listen to me, did they heck. Anyway because they waste of space failed that does not mean they have to pull back on everything. They are billionaires they dont need to . However they are billionaires because they dont throw money at things unless they feel it is worth it. Last season they threw money at the project because it was highly likely that the goal would be achieved. So why not this year, nothing ventured nothing gain like? I think they will.

So getting straight to the point now we know they will make funds available I'm going for Martin O'Neil. I believe they have talked to him and he has told them wath players he wants to bring in. I beleive they have agreed to his terms and O'Neil has already approached some of these players via proper means. The only possible example I an going to give here is Reo-Coker who has played for O'Neil. I believe O'Neil already has his squad and it is just a question of going and getting them.

Hope your right mate, much prefer that option than Burton Wilko or Ardley !!!!

I would love Craig to take his badges and maybe coach and learn the job ready to take over from O'Neil or Warnock in four or five years

Mon May 30, 2011 8:10 pm

Martin O'Neill turned down the Hammers job ;) to come to us???? :ayatollah: