Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

gethin jenkins on radio wales tomorrow

Mon May 30, 2011 7:44 pm

8 30 talking about the future and rebuilding according to Barry MAC on twitter.

Re: gethin jenkins on radio wales tomorrow

Mon May 30, 2011 8:02 pm

ngriffiths wrote:8 30 talking about the future and rebuilding according to Barry MAC on twitter.

cheers neil, hope its true about martin oneill! top top manager!

Mon May 30, 2011 8:04 pm

AHERNE wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:8 30 talking about the future and rebuilding according to Barry MAC on twitter.

Who walked away from Villa, spitting toys out of pram due to not being given millions and squillions.

Chances of coming here, absolutely zero.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:15 pm

I agree lee,love to see oneil here,he'd sort club out.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:18 pm

nerd wrote:
AHERNE wrote:

Who walked away from Villa, spitting toys out of pram due to not being given millions and squillions.

nerd your spot on. he left villa because they didn't want to give him the james milner money.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Have to say being based in the midlands I don't want oneil anywhere near city. The guy is a walker. He does not have the bottle for a fight. Everytime the going gets tough he has walked. So just be careful what you wish for.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Most premiership sides would love to have Martin oneil,

Mon May 30, 2011 9:16 pm

martin oneill, is a great manager, he left villa as the board sanctioned the sale of players from a squad that he was building and at the time were just outside top four...

While one of his best players were sold for a ridculous amount he money, he was offered none of it to find someone else as stephen ireland was part of the deal... yet the board still expected them to challenge for a champions league place....

Cant blame him for leaving really.....

Mon May 30, 2011 9:40 pm

B60bluebirds wrote:Have to say being based in the midlands I don't want oneil anywhere near city. The guy is a walker. He does not have the bottle for a fight. Everytime the going gets tough he has walked. So just be careful what you wish for.

Will everyone please stop saying "be careful what you wish for" that saying is seriously doing my cog in

Mon May 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Looking forward to the interview with Gethin.

Should be good.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:45 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Most premiership sides would love to have Martin oneil,

Which makes it more curious he's failed to apply for any of the vacancies that have come available.

Seemingly wants a nice cushy top 4 type job, with plenty of money available.

Not exactly a description of our vacancy...

Mon May 30, 2011 9:48 pm

He couldn't apply for any jobs,he was in dispute with villa over money I think,it got sorted last week,and he said he's ready to go back into management.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:00 pm

nerd wrote:
AHERNE wrote:

yes thats him who started off at grantham town and wycombe wanderers! who i saw play merthyr tydfil many moons ago! ... no money there or at leicester and made magic! ... check out on wiki what he did at wycombe! ... i dont need to cause i was there watching is wycombe side piss the conference and beating a brilliant merthyr team 4-2! ... the man also won two european cups with forest under clough and played for northern ireland at the 1982 world cup where they beat the hosts 1-0! ... want to know anymore?