Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KEEGAN FOR A YEAR OR 2 THEN OVER TO CRAIG

Mon May 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Kevin Keegan has taken teams into the top flight 3 times, he knows how its done. I have been slated for my choice of him as the next City manager including on this forum. BUT....Its perfect heres why....

1. His win ratio
1992-97 Newcastle. Won 54% of 251 games. Led Newcastle back to the Premier League as First Division Champions in 1993. Newcastle finished up as runners-up in the Premier League behind Manchester United despite a 12 point lead.
1998-99 Fulham. Won 62% of 61 games. Led Fulham to the First Division as triumphant champions.
1999-2000 England. Won 38% of 18 games. Keegan led England to Euro 2000. England defeated Germany 3-2 but lost to Romania and Portugal to finish third in their group and fail to reach the knock-out stages. A 1-0 home defeat by Germany a World Cup qualifier at Wembley resulted in Keegan resigning.
2001-05 Manchester City. Won 43% of 176 games. Again he led a club to a dramatic promotion to the Premier League with high scoring attacking football.

2. He likes short term projects, thats what this will be as it appears the malaysians want Bellars to eventually manage us (so do I :ayatollah: ) So 1 or 2 seasons then over to Craig.

3. KK and CB similar kind of players with similar ideas about attacking football. (I know what your saying Keegans teams leak goals, but thats not really the case if you look at his record , his pilosiphy of you have to score 4 to beat us is exaggerated, but
his style will put bums on seats!)

4. His reputation for walking out is undeserved apart from England I understood all his reasons for the other resignations

5.He messed up once and that was with England haha!!! :ayatollah:

6. Most important I dont fancy any of the candidates apart from Warnock and O Neill who are unrealistic, and the rest of them WOULDNT WANT A SHORT TERM ROLE to hand over to someone else!

7.Based on this KK and CB is perfect, maybe with Carver on board also.

COME ON THEN SLATE ME AGAIN Hughton lovers (My missus could have took that Newcastle team up)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: KEEGAN FOR A YEAR OR 2 THEN OVER TO CRAIG

Mon May 30, 2011 8:45 pm

now thats a name i didn't think i would here haha god alive be having heart attacks every game 5.4 or something :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 8:46 pm

you must be drinking something ....hes crap !

Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 pm

d20 wrote:you must be drinking something ....hes crap !

Based on what? England? Agreed! Club football no way! Thats why he quit the internationals, because it was nothing like club football. Look at his win ratio mun.

Hes short term, hes realistic, hes a perfect interim for Craig Bellamy. These so called candidates make me cringe, and the ones I like are unrealistic. The more I read into this the more sensible it sounds. BELLAMY is the future of this club, just not this next season we need him on the pitch!

Mon May 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Keegan wouldnt take it , he always wants big money to spend and if he dont get it, he throws his dum dum out of his pram.