Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

not only has jones gone(thankyou)but we also

Mon May 30, 2011 8:47 pm

have lost a player rated at £4-5 mill in adam mathews,and not only had him publicly humiliated by jones,but he went for next to nothing,staggering when you think of it :( :( :(

Re: not only has jones gone(thankyou)but we also

Mon May 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Stubborness can be a positive quality if used in the right way at the right time but Jonesy was stubborness personified.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:00 pm

WHo seriously rated Matthews that highly? Paper talk?

I mean, leaving on a free, I'd suggest if Prem clubs had any interest he'd not have signed a pre-contract with Celtic.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:03 pm

nerd wrote:WHo seriously rated Matthews that highly? Paper talk?

I mean, leaving on a free, I'd suggest if Prem clubs had any interest he'd not have signed a pre-contract with Celtic.

i never put a value on mathews,but am just stating what the papers and many others on here have reported

Mon May 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Which is where the problem comes from.

All fans rate their own players highly, the whole Football Manager generation... player value is what buyer wants to pay, seller wants to accept...

Mon May 30, 2011 9:13 pm

nerd wrote:Which is where the problem comes from.

All fans rate their own players highly, the whole Football Manager generation... player value is what buyer wants to pay, seller wants to accept...

you forgot agents,i think you will find they value players,they are like estate agents but more slimey