Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

For once I hope Carl is winding us up.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:44 pm

For me Carl has been a breath of fresh air. The club and local media have always been poor at passing information onto the fans. Then up steps Carl via this MB with news that us average day City fans can appreciate.

While I don't think Carl is winding us up, the news that Terry Burton or Ardley may be managing our club next season, on top of the Jacks going up has left me devastated.

Come on Mr Tan give us someone to support.

Re: For once I hope Carl is winding us up.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Magners wrote:For me Carl has been a breath of fresh air. The club and local media have always been poor at passing information onto the fans. Then up steps Carl via this MB with news that us average day City fans can appreciate.

While I don't think Carl is winding us up, the news that Terry Burton or Ardley may be managing our club next season, on top of the Jacks going up has left me devastated.

Its more myself who believes they are going for a cheaper option, I hope I am wrong, But I would Support what ever option they choose :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Magners wrote:For me Carl has been a breath of fresh air. The club and local media have always been poor at passing information onto the fans. Then up steps Carl via this MB with news that us average day City fans can appreciate.

Its more myself who believes they are going for a cheaper option, I hope I am wrong, But I would Support what ever option they choose :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thank goodness he's gone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

"Cheaper" doesn't neccasarily mean "less capable", Burton as manager wouldn't worry me unduly.

Mon May 30, 2011 11:00 pm

I think burton deserves a chance if were not splashing out on an outside name if im correct he changed wimbledons play from a long ball (hit it to the big man) play to a pass and move play. Hmm long ball play...isnt that what weve been doing for like 5 years...

Mon May 30, 2011 11:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

We will all support whatever option they choose. However I would rather let Bellamy, Burton and Ardley go and spend the money on a manager. Look what the Jacks have done today on one of the lowest budgets in the Champioship. That is all down to the manager and chairman.

Mon May 30, 2011 11:01 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

ditto, i think he may do a decent job. Tbh if our new manager takes us the the lottery again id be pleased, heck even if we finished in the top half id be happy. :ayatollah:

"Cheaper" doesn't neccasarily mean "less capable", Burton as manager wouldn't worry me unduly.

Mon May 30, 2011 11:32 pm

In all honesty and respect To all the Senior Coaching Staff but CCFC needs a total clean break, A Fresh start with a perpus, a decision that would bring optimism and believe among the faithful, And if certain Board members was follow DJ's asap to boot, Then the Total confidence of the faithful and all involved with Our Club will City a natural boost we badly need. City till i Die!!!!!!!!!! :old:

Mon May 30, 2011 11:41 pm

If we are looking for a cheap option, how about Ray Wilkins.

Tue May 31, 2011 7:34 am

Am i the only one whos noticed how much carl gets wrong ?

Tue May 31, 2011 7:36 am

moz-dublin wrote:Am i the only one whos noticed how much carl gets wrong ?

Show me what Carl has had wrong and I will show you ten times the amount what he has had right.

Tue May 31, 2011 7:57 am

terry burton was respected by all the players and mostly by craig who told the malaysians that he had good coaching methods but was stifled by jones.
Now bearing in mind the clubs and coaches craig has played under for the last 10 years then i would say his opinion is to be respected.
I would still like to see another manager brought in mind where burton and craig could be part of a 3 man management and coaching team.

Tue May 31, 2011 8:02 am

If we are looking for a cheap option surley the likes of di mateo would be on less than 800 thousand a year

Tue May 31, 2011 8:04 am

Its not a question of right or wrong, as far as i'm aware Carl just passes on what he's been told, football changes very quickly and by the time Carl has written what hes been told the goal posts have moved somewhat. But Annis is right if you want to look at it as right and wrong Carl gets far far more right

Tue May 31, 2011 8:06 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

Its not a question of right or wrong, as far as i'm aware Carl just passes on what he's been told, football changes very quickly and by the time Carl has written what hes been told the goal posts have moved somewhat. But Annis is right if you want to look at it as right and wrong Carl gets far far more right

Spot on. :ayatollah:

I remember Feeney ready to sign for Bristol Rovers, his agent asked for more money and an hr later they signed someone else.