Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BOYCOTT REFRESHMENT PROVIDERS RIDICULOUS CONTRACT AT CCS

Tue May 31, 2011 4:27 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Not quite, we still owe god knows how much to Ray Ransons Cayman Islands organization, & we still got no income from Compass catering at the CCS for another eight years, all thanks to the Riddler. Any more worms in the can??

Absolute Insult and Disgrace to Cardiff City Supporters and local Bluishness that not only puts a perspective on how Our Football Club has been exploited by certain individuals with obvious intentions of personal gain's that we the Supporters, Fans should be concerned that swansea's elevation to the Premiership could well be the least of our problems by August, Even none Football matters at CCFC at best look suspect: Be for I contiue allow me to reveal some history with Cardiff City from personal experience with past Boards Chairmen Directors etc etc that hopefully paints the picture intended. Going back to the Days of doom and gloom I had ok i wont get above myself and claim i had a major catering firm but for a few seasons as some will remember I had a small number of burger vans doted about Ninian, and im not joking when I say if City got 2000 at Ninian Park it was a relief, That said at the time a certain Chairman/Director by name of Tony Clemo for what ever opinions City Fans have of Him, i can actually and honestly say even Clemo back then showed more vigilance on the Clubs behalf than carrion at our Club now, Ill eplain why'' I didnt like the offer or the best deal Mr Clemo would offer me in regards to taking over the refreshmants at the Ninian, I was happy to foot all costs and splitt all profits with the City 50/50 best he offered was 35% of all profits 65% to the Club, His argument was even with this offer CCFC's only real gain was not having to rely on a hanfull of OAP's nipping to the Cash and Carry a few pasties and Oxo cubes, So the marginal profit on offer wasnt worth the Clubs while. NOW MY POINT IS'' If Mr Clemo even in the Clubs desperate hours held on to the Clubs refreshment income, Then what deal / proposal/ or Offer would Compass Catering/Ray Ranson have to make befor Mr Clemo would let them take full control in a 23,000 to 25,000 Burger addicted football Fans? and not just for one two or three season but an astonishing contract stretching 10 seasons, Burgers/Hotdogs/Pies/Teas/Coffees and more etc etc should at least be 60% of all profits without layout and costs to the Club period, As most Stadia Refreshment Providers profit is 300% the Norm , What anyone should find bizarre' actually down right despicable disregard to the Club by handing favorable almost suspect contracts that should be Cardiff City FC's profitable outlet only, A 10 year contract in such a scale are rare in sport, in football particularly as our favored game will always throw up a classic (Supporters worst horror story), 10year Contract ??????????? a Club could free fall from the Premiership to the Conference twice over with a season or so to spare. The abnormality of this contract has discrepancies We CANT ALLOW'' Our Club missing out on sizable and much needed sauce of income / profit that had no right or even justifiable reason to given to an outside company that arn't even local. Any more info Anyone. Cardiff till I die!!!!!!!!!! :old:

Re: BOYCOTT REFRESHMENT PROVIDERS RIDICULOUS CONTRACT AT CCS

Tue May 31, 2011 4:47 am

I work for Compas group... and believe me, you won't be hurting Ridsdale by boycotting them, but you'll be hurting the minimum wage staff who work 6 hours every saturday. I know the highest paid compas group member of stuff currently working at the CCS is on £7.12 an hour at the moment, so all the best with your scheme. But it isn't worth it. :roll:

Tue May 31, 2011 6:05 am

AfanBluebird wrote:I work for Compas group... and believe me, you won't be hurting Ridsdale by boycotting them, but you'll be hurting the minimum wage staff who work 6 hours every saturday. I know the highest paid compas group member of stuff currently working at the CCS is on £7.12 an hour at the moment, so all the best with your scheme. But it isn't worth it. :roll:

It is worth it.

Boycott them and THEY will walk away. Compass will not continue to operate in a ground
where they make no money. With a bit of luck then, all the Compass staff could be taken
on by the Club and even paid more.

This is yet another Ridsdale type scam, he will have had a nice wedge out of this bit i'll
bet you Vincent Tan will be busy reading those contracts. ;)

Eat before you go into the ground.

Tue May 31, 2011 6:28 am

AfanBluebird wrote:I work for Compas group... and believe me, you won't be hurting Ridsdale by boycotting them, but you'll be hurting the minimum wage staff who work 6 hours every saturday. I know the highest paid compas group member of stuff currently working at the CCS is on £7.12 an hour at the moment, so all the best with your scheme. But it isn't worth it. :roll:

You can tell they are useless, takes them two mins to pick up a pint and bring it over..............

Tue May 31, 2011 7:07 am

I boycotted it the first time I saw the only lager they sold was Fosters :cry: Anyone who drinks that along with Carlsberg needs their fookin head read! :lol:

Tue May 31, 2011 7:26 am

I reckon VT has already looked at this contract as he started making his fortune with the first McDonalds franchise in Malaysia and now he has them all over the country.
If he can get Compass out he will as he knows the profits we are losing.

Tue May 31, 2011 9:01 am

01443casual wrote:I boycotted it the first time I saw the only lager they sold was Fosters :cry: Anyone who drinks that along with Carlsberg needs their fookin head read! :lol:

The truth. Why the f**k do they only sell that shit.

Tue May 31, 2011 11:35 am

Thank You for hi lighting yet another factor to this shambles of a contract, I Not only believe that it should be CCFC's opportunity even right to employ you, But possibly pay the staff with a more respectable rate. :old:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:57 am

I for one am glad I don't buy anything in the ground as its all shite and expensive.

Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 pm

If the current providers were to pull out, then my understanding is that under TUPE law - the current employees would be offered similar positions with whoever took over the contract - be it CCFC or another catering supplier.

Tue May 31, 2011 12:16 pm

There are quite a few posters on this mb who have some knowledge regarding the Compass contract, but im sure that Compass financed the "fitting out" of the Premier seating stands & the corporate areas at CCS, due to a short fall in the new stadium budget, of about £10 million??? I think that's why they were awarded the contract?

Tue May 31, 2011 6:08 pm

ridofrid wrote:I reckon VT has already looked at this contract as he started making his fortune with the first McDonalds franchise in Malaysia and now he has them all over the country.
If he can get Compass out he will as he knows the profits we are losing.

spot on ;)

He wont stand idly by and watch another company make money off the back of
Cardiff City. They wont be here for much longer!!!

Tue May 31, 2011 6:09 pm

Here's one for ye - how much money do you reckon they actually make during an average league game?

Tue May 31, 2011 6:58 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Here's one for ye - how much money do you reckon they actually make during an average league game?

I would say if They took £80,000 That figure would be considered a bad day at the office!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Tue May 31, 2011 8:05 pm

nickyh wrote:If the current providers were to pull out, then my understanding is that under TUPE law - the current employees would be offered similar positions with whoever took over the contract - be it CCFC or another catering supplier.

TUPE Law is not worth the paper it is writtern on. As a senior Union Rep within my company, I can tell you that any new employer can and will place new contracts on the table within 24 hours of taking over the old company. Either except it, start the process of trade union action (it takes 6 weeks to take legal industrial action) or walk away from the job.
Do you believe that VT will pay these people a decent living wage? if the club took over the contract. He's here to make a profit not friends.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 8:20 pm

go to asdas buy 4 cans of your choice and enjoy b4 the game :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 9:26 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:
nickyh wrote:If the current providers were to pull out, then my understanding is that under TUPE law - the current employees would be offered similar positions with whoever took over the contract - be it CCFC or another catering supplier.

TUPE Law is not worth the paper it is writtern on. As a senior Union Rep within my company, I can tell you that any new employer can and will place new contracts on the table within 24 hours of taking over the old company. Either except it, start the process of trade union action (it takes 6 weeks to take legal industrial action) or walk away from the job.
Do you believe that VT will pay these people a decent living wage? if the club took over the contract. He's here to make a profit not friends.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

decent living wage, are these not just youngsters , doing some saturday work?