Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales on line re: new manager

Tue May 31, 2011 7:23 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28791650/

Can't see it happening but wouldn't it be good if it were to come true!

Re: Wales on line re: new manager

Tue May 31, 2011 7:32 am

zero chance

Tue May 31, 2011 7:41 am

I'm beginning to think "why not?" about O'Neill. I appreciate that almost every top flight club would want him, but there don't seem to be too many looking for a new manager at the moment and, if he's desperate to get back into management, why should we sell ourselves short? Let's pull out all the stops to get the right man.

However, I actually believe that Di Matteo will be our next manager and I will be very happy with that

Tue May 31, 2011 7:49 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I'm beginning to think "why not?" about O'Neill. I appreciate that almost every top flight club would want him, but there don't seem to be too many looking for a new manager at the moment and, if he's desperate to get back into management, why should we sell ourselves short? Let's pull out all the stops to get the right man.

However, I actually believe that Di Matteo will be our next manager and I will be very happy with that

Totally agree with you Nottage, If I were the Malaysians I would rather take a gamble on getting a high profile manager who can attract very good footballers with the aim of reaching the premier league next term. If it were to fail then I would walk away and that would have been only 1 more year wasted rather than spending millions over the next two to three years trying to consolidate and then you run the risk of getting dragged into a dogfight in the lower echelons of the championship while trying to rebuild and consolidate.

But that is just my opinion who does not have to plough money into the club.

Tue May 31, 2011 8:01 am

When you are talking about O'neil as being offered prem jobs I think he is very much his own man and has proved when leaving villa he is not in it just for the money and I think he enjoys doing what others do not expect if it feels right for him very much like our owners they keep things tight untill the last so don't discount him joining us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: