Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GETHIN JENKINS ON RADIO WALES!!!!

Tue May 31, 2011 8:56 am

Did anyone else hear him this morning???? to me there were plenty of signs to be optimistic for next season, when pushed for answers he said there will be more permanent signings than loans and although he wouldn,t give numbers he said that the malaysians have come up with a transfer budget for the coming season, when asked about martin o,neill he said that he would obviously be on the list that they have ALREADY got in place, but maybe his wage demands wont match up to cardiffs, he also said that they will not be rushed into a decision but understood that the sooner the new man is in the better for all concerned!!!!!

Re: GETHIN JENKINS ON RADIO WALES!!!!

Tue May 31, 2011 8:56 am

heres hoping :roll: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 9:01 am

Sausages!!!!

Tue May 31, 2011 9:30 am

I thought Gethin came across really well in that interview - he always strikes me as very professional.

I hate rugby more than most, but I don't hold his background against him at all.

I'me very pleased with him and the role he plays.

Tue May 31, 2011 9:36 am

Die Walkure wrote:I thought Gethin came across really well in that interview - he always strikes me as very professional.

I'me very pleased with him and the role he plays.

True, a very safe pair of hands is Gethin.

Tue May 31, 2011 9:36 am

He is a top manager, it does not matter if you are a manager at a football club, rugby club, or any other business, his job is to manage and he did that well in his last job, and seems to be doing the same in his current one :thumbup:

Tue May 31, 2011 9:49 am

Igovernor wrote:He is a top manager, it does not matter if you are a manager at a football club, rugby club, or any other business, his job is to manage and he did that well in his last job, and seems to be doing the same in his current one :thumbup:

my only criticism of gethin is that he was either bullied or in awe of jones because he was aware of the unrest in the camp and he should have brought the manager into line and also disciplined the players when things got out of hand.
But perhaps being new to the job and also a rugby man where the drinking culture is the norm he let it ride.
Lets hope he learns from this experience and brings a more proffesional approach to matters on and off the pitch next season

Tue May 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Steve he was far more aggressive than peter ridsdale towards dave Jones and I seen him stand up to him on more than one occasion.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:07 pm

vince.alm wrote:Steve he was far more aggressive than peter ridsdale towards dave Jones and I seen him stand up to him on more than one occasion.

thats great vince and bodes well for the club im just dissapointed with the way the boro fiasco was swept under the carpet without any discipline

Tue May 31, 2011 1:13 pm

steve davies wrote:
vince.alm wrote:Steve he was far more aggressive than peter ridsdale towards dave Jones and I seen him stand up to him on more than one occasion.

thats great vince and bodes well for the club im just dissapointed with the way the boro fiasco was swept under the carpet without any discipline

I think people need to be realistic with the Boro fiasco, at the time we were still in the mix for promotion and while everybody was pissed off and wanted to come down heavily on those involved, what good would have it done at the time? Obviously we weren't to know we were going to collapse AGAIN!!! But i'm sure Gethin and those in power at the club probably felt it was best to deal with the situation when the season is over. Now is the time to sort the situation (they already have started by getting rid of Jones) Just need to get rid of the rest involved now.