Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jones did nothing for this club

Tue May 31, 2011 9:15 am

£800,000 x 6 = £4.8m
That's what we paid out to him

We now have a team of spoilt prima donnas who don't care about the club

We have a squad lacking depth due to ridiculous transfers and spending erratically

Played down the derby against Swansea

Added to the debt by spending stupidly in terms of transfers and players wages

He lost youth players with bad management who then went on to sign for prem clubs

Could have sold Matthews for £3m+ but instead talked him into staying, only then to drop him for a mistake in a game where the whole team was poor. If you're not willing to man manage a player why keep him when an array of clubs interested and ready to spend? He eventually moves on a free to a club that plays European football.

I can guarantee had Jones stayed, Farrah would have been the next talent to leave for almost nothing, if not nothing.

Players like Ramsey were always going to go due to natural talent regardless of the manager. He proved that when he returned on loan.

One thing he did do right was the Michael Chopra deal but then factor in his overpaid wages, that money was wasted anyway in other expenses.

Before anyone mentions Roger Johnson, he was bought because Swansea wanted him yet had a bid rejected. This wasn't the work of Jones but the work of the board to poach a talented defender on the cheap from under a rivals nose.

He never ever had the dressing room, proven by all the off the pitch incidents over a number of seasons. McCormack, Gerrard, Chops, Jay, JLS, etc. The players over the years have shown a complete lack of respect for him.

So in my opinion, Jones has done virtually nothing for this club and we now have a squad at present that will be mid to bottom table next year. It'll all depend on who we bring in whether that's the case or we can push for a higher position but we are severely lacking depth. I'm just being honest and a realist but I expect us to struggle for a yearner two before pushing on due the squad we have been left with.