A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve MCclaren odds 6-1!!!!!!

Tue May 31, 2011 9:27 am

PLEASE NO!!!

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/football- ... 18969.html

Re: Steve MCclaren odds 6-1!!!!!!

Tue May 31, 2011 9:31 am

why not?

Has a decent record for the most of his career, plus it would be quite amusing when he starts putting on a Kardiff accent.

Tue May 31, 2011 9:58 am

I'd take maclaren all day long, especially over Ardley and burton! Even Bellamy right now! He might have failed with england but he did a decent job at boro and think he could be good for us at this level!

Tue May 31, 2011 10:43 am

Jimbo27 wrote:I'd take maclaren all day long, especially over Ardley and burton! Even Bellamy right now! He might have failed with england but he did a decent job at boro and think he could be good for us at this level!

Me too he knows what he is doing at this level and now has loads of contacts world wide :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 10:47 am

I'd snap your hands off for Schteve. Could end up with him getting a Kairdiff accent after a week, and a few Dutch playmakers! :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 am

Are the interviews taking place at the CCS, if so I may make camp outside for a few days to see all the comings and goings. :P

Tue May 31, 2011 12:19 pm

God help you if you get that nonentity with a record that defies belief. I wouldn't wish that tw*t on even my worst enemiy

Tue May 31, 2011 1:10 pm

dtriple wrote:God help you if you get that nonentity with a record that defies belief. I wouldn't wish that tw*t on even my worst enemiy

What ? The same man who won the first trophy in Boros history and took them to the uefa cup final? Who also win the Dutch league with a small team? Sounds really shit! Let's have Ardley instead....

Tue May 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
dtriple wrote:God help you if you get that nonentity with a record that defies belief. I wouldn't wish that tw*t on even my worst enemiy

What ? The same man who won the first trophy in Boros history and took them to the uefa cup final? Who also win the Dutch league with a small team? Sounds really shit! Let's have Ardley instead....

:lol: :lol:

Tue May 31, 2011 1:14 pm

martin o'neill has just gone from 20/1 straight to 3/1 on victor chandler all of the bookies that has opened the betting for next cardiff manager has him as favourites now.

With the malaysians pushing for the premier league again next season, could be something in this about martin o'neill

Tue May 31, 2011 1:15 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13597348.stm

Tue May 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Sorry to repeat myself a bit but i've probably posted this about 2 or 3 times but i really believe McClaren would be perfect for us.

o The guy is regarded as one of the best english coaches
o He was assistant manager to Sir Alex at Man Utd during the treble season and won 3 Premier League titles
o He won the Carling Cup with Boro and took them to the UEFA Cup final as well as their highest ever league finish
o OK his time with England didn't go so well, but that was the players fault as mush as anything
o He led FC Twente to the Dutch Title and the Champions League (who had heard of Twente 2 years ago)
o Granted Wolfsburg didn't go too great but what do you expect when you sell your best player - Dzeko

Overall i think McClaren would be an excellent choice, tactically we would be very organised, he always gives youth a shot, he is used to managing big players, his managerial style would have only benefited from spending time in Germany and Holland, and he would attract big players also.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:27 pm

Will he still have that Dutch accent?

If so, no way.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90

Cringe :oops: :roll: :lol:

As far as being the manager...some decent dutch signings possibly... :|