Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Attn Steve Davies...

Tue May 31, 2011 10:10 am

Hi Steve do you think the Malaysians will go for it again next season?

Re: Attn Steve Davies...

Tue May 31, 2011 10:27 am

Bob Hatton wrote:Hi Steve do you think the Malaysians will go for it again next season?

Yes i think they will but this time with a longer term strategy than the season just gone.
I think we will have some permanent and also some loan signings to compliment the squad but with a neucleus of players who would be able to hold their own in the premiership.
It has been a shock to the malaysians because they believed in jones and had expected promotion through the automatic positions and a lot of the debt repayment had been allowed for in us getting up.
The reality is that the malaysians have always been here for the long term and will continue to back us but will make sure that there is an emphasis on youth within the club structure hence the under 21 team next year.
An interesting fact is that at the last malaysian grand prix there was a kids tournament run in conjunction with scott young prior to the race and there were 1500 youngsters taking part in the games and coaching schools.
this was organised by the malaysians and branded as a cardiff city acadamy event.
This to me shows an indication of where they want to take the club and also that they want to push the untapped talent of malaysia to a higher level through our football club.

Tue May 31, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks, so the Martin O'Neill rumours could have some substance?

Tue May 31, 2011 10:45 am

Bob Hatton wrote:Thanks, so the Martin O'Neill rumours could have some substance?

i would ignore these type of online betting lists as they fluctuate hour by hour depending on how much is bet.
my personal opinion is no chance but would be happy to be proved wrong

Tue May 31, 2011 11:11 am

steve davies wrote:
Bob Hatton wrote:Thanks, so the Martin O'Neill rumours could have some substance?

i would ignore these type of online betting lists as they fluctuate hour by hour depending on how much is bet.
my personal opinion is no chance but would be happy to be proved wrong

Do you have an idea of who we may appoint? External or Internal?