Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Club statement released- re: Langston and PMG

Tue May 31, 2011 10:51 am

Following a series of meetings held with Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Chairman Dato Chan, the Club can confirm it has made significant progress in reaching agreements with historical creditors including PMG.

Reaching a satisfactory agreement with Langston remains the Clubs prime focus but continues to prove difficult in light of the stance taken by Mr Sam Hammam representing Langston, notwithstanding the number of alternatives being offered by the Club.

The circumstances behind the original loan and the application of the funds remain difficult to establish to the satisfaction of the Board and as a result the Club has engaged third party forensic accountants to further investigate the issue of validating the legitimacy of the loans and expenditure incurred when the Club was under the full management control of Mr Sam Hammam.

In order to put the record straight we can also reassure the supporters of the Club that as part of these negotiations, Mr Sam Hammam representatives will not return in a capacity as Director of football or something similar.

Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Chairman Dato Chan have also confirmed that they will continue to support the Club with the stated aim of once again challenging for promotion.

Re: Club statement released- re: Langston and PMG

Tue May 31, 2011 10:53 am

Gavlar wrote:Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Chairman Dato Chan have also confirmed that they will continue to support the Club with the stated aim of once again challenging for promotion.

sounds good to me :ayatollah:

Re: Club statement released

Tue May 31, 2011 10:53 am

something positive at last then and maybe a line can now be drawn under the mounting speculation over the finances at CCFC ??

Tue May 31, 2011 10:54 am

Thats the Sam returning debates over then!!

Tue May 31, 2011 10:56 am

Sounds fecking wonderful. No Sam and Dato Chan and Vincent Tan still backing the club. Lovely to hear! :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 10:57 am

So i take it Sam isnt going to make a return then.

So glad we got rid of DJ and the malaysians are still backing us 100%.

Looking forward to knowing whos going to be managing us next season and what players they will bring in. Theres alot of good players out of contract so start snapping them up city.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 10:58 am

Great to get an update direct from the club in regards to this, I guess this proves the club is aware of concerns we discuss via message boards etc.

Tue May 31, 2011 11:00 am

GOOD NEWS PLEASED WITH THAT ALL ROUND

Tue May 31, 2011 11:04 am

Definately in it for the long haul. :ayatollah: With the right manager (hopefully) coming in, let's hope we can put the dissapointments behind us. Onwards and upwards. :)

Tue May 31, 2011 11:05 am

Bluebird_Melv wrote:So i take it Sam isnt going to make a return then.

So glad we got rid of DJ and the malaysians are still backing us 100%.

Looking forward to knowing whos going to be managing us next season and what players they will bring in. Theres alot of good players out of contract so start snapping them up city.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

list of available players from the premiership and championship on this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47599&p=438699#p438699 :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 am

Great update, puts the Sam coming back to bed now, We can move forward.

Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 am

VERY good statement from VT and TG.

Answered a lot of questions, cleared things up, and showed the fans continuing support. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:07 am

Just what I wanted to hear!

Tue May 31, 2011 11:09 am

all seems pretty positive :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:12 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:13 am

i hope this statement puts paid to the Pmg knockers as well.
Once again they have renegotiated the debt for the sake of the club

Tue May 31, 2011 11:16 am

steve davies wrote:i hope this statement puts paid to the Pmg knockers as well.

Hopefully the pro-Hammam agenda dies here as well.

Tue May 31, 2011 11:17 am

An enlightening statement from the Malaysians and one which they would have 'considered' very carefully before taking the decision to release it officially....

Paragraphs 1, 2 & 3 make very uncomfortable reading for 'supporters' of Sam Hammam and there is at least a hint of skullduggery from those pertaining to be Langston....

Sam, as usual, appears to be 'speaking with forked tongue' according to his audience; something we all know he is very adept with....

Whatever the FACTS of the matter, it would appear that Paragraphs 4 & 5 say EVERYTHING we need to know, i.e. there will be NO Sam return and the Malaysians are as 'determined' as ever to drive the club FORWARD in the right way....

Whatever the rights and wrongs, or even our own personal opinions, ONE thing appears to be abundantly clear:

THE MALAYSIANS (so by default The Board of Cardiff City Football Club) ARE 'ON TOP' OF THINGS AND WILL SORT IT OUT IN THEIR OWN WAY AND IN THEIR OWN TIME....

What suits them (the Malaysians) will, in the longer term, benefit Cardiff City Football Club. Of that I am sure....

As for Sam?? Well, most of us will still be swayed according to our previous beliefs BUT this statement makes some pretty uncomfortable reading for those seeking to ensure Sam's return; although I'm sure we will hear from him shortly 'through the usual channels'

should be interesting....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:17 am

Looks positive to me, it was a nervous time not hearing anything for days after the Reading match but to be fair they took their time and finally got rid of Jones...now they are looking to clear old debts and invest to take the club forward...I can't see any negatives there...and it breathes fresh life into the club and hope that we can continue pressing for the Premiership...actions need to follow the words though and by season start we will all have a better idea about where we are...but sounds more than promising.

Tue May 31, 2011 11:20 am

steve davies wrote:i hope this statement puts paid to the Pmg knockers as well.

seems a strange statement to make steve unless you know the bargaining behind the re-negotiations ?
and can personally state that they have not taken another part of the club or a possible income as collatoral or part payment in reward for the said loans ??

this is not knocking you or them but my view on that particular statement only

Tue May 31, 2011 11:24 am

Forensic accountants? Hmmmmmm as Annis would say. We can now see what route the Malaysians are thinking of going down - The legal route - could take donkeys years. Don't forget the loan was never secured (am I right?) looks like their coming to some sort of deal with other creditors. Wont be long before they own the club lock stock and barrel :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Happy days. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:25 am

PMG were/will be paid off in full when we get to the PL they can see the Malaysians still mean business and have been happy to delay full pay of for another year, keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:26 am

Gavlar wrote:Following a series of meetings held with Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Chairman Dato Chan, the Club can confirm it has made significant progress in reaching agreements with historical creditors including PMG.

Reaching a satisfactory agreement with Langston remains the Clubs prime focus but continues to prove difficult in light of the stance taken by Mr Sam Hammam representing Langston, notwithstanding the number of alternatives being offered by the Club.

The circumstances behind the original loan and the application of the funds remain difficult to establish to the satisfaction of the Board and as a result the Club has engaged third party forensic accountants to further investigate the issue of validating the legitimacy of the loans and expenditure incurred when the Club was under the full management control of Mr Sam Hammam.

In order to put the record straight we can also reassure the supporters of the Club that as part of these negotiations, Mr Sam Hammam representatives will not return in a capacity as Director of football or something similar.

Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Chairman Dato Chan have also confirmed that they will continue to support the Club with the stated aim of once again challenging for promotion.

AWESOME!!! for a number of reasons;

1) Sam ain't coming back
2) sam ain't coming back
3) the pro-sam agenda has now been blown out of the water for what it is (how long before we now see anti-malaysian posts)
4) VT and TG are obviously in it for the long hall now if they are taking these steps to protect their investment
5) hopefully long term nature of plans will mean invest,ent in the playing side of things to get us to the prem
6) sam ain't coming back

Tue May 31, 2011 11:28 am

Bob Hatton wrote:PMG were/will be paid off in full when we get to the PL they can see the Malaysians still mean business and have been happy to delay full pay of for another year, keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

do you have a source for this ? or is that your opinion ? I would like to think its true, heres hoping

Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 am

Natman Blue wrote:
Gavlar wrote:Following a series of meetings held with Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Chairman Dato Chan, the Club can confirm it has made significant progress in reaching agreements with historical creditors including PMG.

AWESOME!!! for a number of reasons;

1) Sam ain't coming back
2) sam ain't coming back
3) the pro-sam agenda has now been blown out of the water for what it is (how long before we now see anti-malaysian posts)
4) VT and TG are obviously in it for the long hall now if they are taking these steps to protect their investment
5) hopefully long term nature of plans will mean invest,ent in the playing side of things to get us to the prem
6) sam ain't coming back

not long after the gethin jenkins witch hunt which im sure will start again soon..

Tue May 31, 2011 11:34 am

Gutted sam ain't coming back tbh :(

Tue May 31, 2011 11:36 am

i must be reading the wrong statement on the main site i cant see any of the words you lot are posting. or your using poetic licence and reading between the lines in which case it should be stated that its your opinion not fact.

im very very happy :D the malaysians are here and it seems here to stay for the duration anyway,
but even the anti-sam fans surely have to feel for a man who without argument changed the course of this club,
and is now in danger of being ripped off through red tape or a loophole, by the investigative accountants :cry:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:36 am

Be nice not to Have to pay Langston anything.......go on the forensic team, f**k me CSI at the CCS :lol:

Tue May 31, 2011 11:37 am

Ruthless businessmen. the reason they are so successful.

Tue May 31, 2011 11:38 am

The Premier 1 wrote:i must be reading the wrong statement on the main site i cant see any of the words you lot are posting. or your using poetic licence and reading between the lines in which case it should be stated that its your opinion not fact.

im very very happy :D the malaysians are here and it seems here to stay for the duration anyway,
but even the anti-sam fans surely have to feel for a man who without argument changed the course of this club,
and is now in danger of being ripped off through red tape or a loophole, by the investigative accountants :cry:

What for spending money on the club's behalf that it couldn't afford and borrowing it against himself to make some money down the line when wealthier investors cam on baord?