Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SQUAD OF FREE TRANSFERS

Tue May 31, 2011 11:42 am

Whilst we may not have a big budget this summer there are plenty of great free transfers out there! We need to move quickly to ensure we are in the running to snap some of them up! I've compiled a complete squad of frees below, most of which we should at least consider!

Goalkeepers

Kieran Westwood
Mail Taylor

Defenders

Richard naylor
Abdoulaye Faye
Danny shittu
Neal eardley

Midfielders

Julio Arca
Nigel Reo Coker
Lee Carsley
Neil Danns
Bradley Johnson
Michael Brown

Forwards

Benjani
Robert earnshaw
Victor anichebe
David nugent
Heifer helgusson
Simon cox

Re: SQUAD OF FREE TRANSFERS

Tue May 31, 2011 11:55 am

Are you sure Cox is a free transfer? Didn't he move to West brom this season???

Tue May 31, 2011 11:59 am

No Leonne Jeanne ? :o

Tue May 31, 2011 12:01 pm

Goalkeepers
Kieran Westwood

Defenders
Richard naylor
Abdoulaye Faye
Neal eardley

Midfielders
Nigel Reo Coker
Lee Carsley
Neil Danns
Michael Brown

Forwards
Benjani
Robert earnshaw
David nugent
Heifer helgusson

I'd take those players from your list :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 12:16 pm

full list of available players on this thread
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47599&view=unread#unread

Tue May 31, 2011 12:37 pm

GarethGardner wrote:No Leonne Jeanne ? :o

Ha ha he'd walk over broken glass to restore his reputation at Cardiff and who knows what will happen but right now he's thrilled to have an opportunity at Brighton and the faith of a manager like gus poyet

Tue May 31, 2011 12:40 pm

isnt mackail smith on a free aswell , id love him in our team :)

Tue May 31, 2011 1:08 pm

simon1927 wrote:isnt mackail smith on a free aswell , id love him in our team :)

Unfortunately I don't think he is! Looked class the other day and would love to have him here! He reminded me of what chopra used to be like, plenty of pace, string work ethic, great first touch and an eye for goal

Tue May 31, 2011 3:37 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Whilst we may not have a big budget this summer there are plenty of great free transfers out there! We need to move quickly to ensure we are in the running to snap some of them up! I've compiled a complete squad of frees below, most of which we should at least consider!

Goalkeepers

Kieran Westwood - prolly of to the prem
Mail Taylor- dunno who he is

Defenders

Richard naylor - shite
Abdoulaye Faye- prolly stay in the prem
Danny shittu - no thanks
Neal eardley - yes

Midfielders

Julio Arca - yes
Nigel Reo Coker - prem
Lee Carsley - yes
Neil Danns- i gotta feeling he will be in the prem
Bradley Johnson - think he just signed for someone or is in talks
Michael Brown - yes

Forwards

Benjani - yes
Robert earnshaw - yes
Victor anichebe - yes (doubt it)
David nugent - yes
Heifer helgusson - yes
Simon cox - will stay in prem

Tue May 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Great thread this.

There will be loads of bargins floating around this summer as the economic downturn finally hits football. There are a lot of footballers who are in for a hell of a shock as they try to get mega buck deals.

I hope the Malaysians play it clever, offer fair but competitive basic salaries with huge bonuses for promotion. ;)

Tue May 31, 2011 4:12 pm

Some class players in that list fair enough.

If Danns is going spare we have to try and sign him. Absolutely class.

Tue May 31, 2011 4:19 pm

if we sell chopra and sign none of those we need a slap!
that is certain

Tue May 31, 2011 4:50 pm

Out of all of those I'd like to see us try and get Westwood, eardley, brown, Johnson, earnie and nugent!

Tue May 31, 2011 5:07 pm

funny stuff we are supposed to be skint yet look at the wages we would have to pay out in that make belief squad you put out get real ppl

Tue May 31, 2011 6:13 pm

Some of those players on the list aren't actually out of contract

Seamus Coleman, for example. Who is top class and would be the first we should sign - but he isn't out of contract unfortunately.

Tue May 31, 2011 10:24 pm

There are some quality players available on free transfers! I hope the Malaysians back the new manager and allow the new manager to get lots of free transfers in as our midfield and strike force lacks a lot of quality and depth now. :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 10:36 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Some of those players on the list aren't actually out of contract

Seamus Coleman, for example. Who is top class and would be the first we should sign - but he isn't out of contract unfortunately.

no chance Seamus Coleman would come to us, he's first team for Everton and even if for some strange reason they didnt want to keep him, Prem clubs would be queueing up to sign him!

Tue May 31, 2011 10:46 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Some of those players on the list aren't actually out of contract

Seamus Coleman was one of the top young players in the premier league last year, we would have no chance of signing him

Tue May 31, 2011 10:49 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:funny stuff we are supposed to be skint yet look at the wages we would have to pay out in that make belief squad you put out get real ppl

Get real?!! We have no squad, you will definitely be signing players but will probably do so on the cheap! How much realer can you get than signing out if contract players from championship clubs? Hardly any of them are big names on huge contracts and there is no transfer fee! This is reality!

Tue May 31, 2011 10:56 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:

Seamus Coleman was one of the top young players in the premier league last year, we would have no chance of signing him

Read my post again.

I didn't suggest there was any possibility of signing him - merely that the list is inaccurate. Don't want people getting carried away with thoughts of signing players that we would struggle to sign, and that's if they ARE out of contract.

Tue May 31, 2011 10:59 pm

My list at the top doesn't refer to the website one, my list is accurate! Anyway, there are so many good frees out there surely we will snap up one or two! We don't need to spend big to build a decent squad this summer

Tue May 31, 2011 11:03 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:My list at the top doesn't refer to the website one, my list is accurate! Anyway, there are so many good frees out there surely we will snap up one or two! We don't need to spend big to build a decent squad this summer

Sorry mate, I didn't mean yours - more the one that someone linked to.

I'm liking the look of your list - is Simon Cox definitely out of contract?

Tue May 31, 2011 11:03 pm

My (realistic) team of free transfers considering wages, competition from other clubs etc:

GK Westwood

LB Marek Cech
CB Matthew Upson
CB Abdoulaye Faye
RB Neil Eardley

LM Boudewijn Zenden
CM Nigel Reo Coker
CM David Jones
RM Kazenga LuaLua

ST Diomansy Kamara
ST Benjani

I haven't included any Birmingham players as I believe we will have no chance of luring any of their players away because they're in Europe.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:12 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:My (realistic) team of free transfers considering wages, competition from other clubs etc:

GK Westwood

LB Marek Cech
CB Matthew Upson
CB Abdoulaye Faye
RB Neil Eardley

LM Boudewijn Zenden
CM Nigel Reo Coker
CM David Jones
RM Kazenga LuaLua

ST Diomansy Kamara
ST Benjani

I haven't included any Birmingham players as I believe we will have no chance of luring any of their players away because they're in Europe.

realistic? :lol: :lol: :lol: upson? Reo-coker?westwood? faye? :lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:15 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:My (realistic) team of free transfers considering wages, competition from other clubs etc:

GK Westwood

LB Marek Cech
CB Matthew Upson
CB Abdoulaye Faye
RB Neil Eardley

LM Boudewijn Zenden
CM Nigel Reo Coker
CM David Jones
RM Kazenga LuaLua

ST Diomansy Kamara
ST Benjani

mmmmm i have to admit i cant see upson joining a championship club, and to be honest i wouldnt want him as he is a carthorse! Reo Coker is linked to AC Milan but cant see them wanting him, could be an outside chance! Faye is a possibility but surely one of the recently promoted clubs will get first crack at him! As for westwood there is a lot of talk of premiership clubs wanting him but no one has made a move, if we get our act together we may just be able to pull that off!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

GK Westwood

LB Marek Cech
CB Matthew Upson
CB Abdoulaye Faye
RB Neil Eardley

LM Boudewijn Zenden
CM Nigel Reo Coker
CM David Jones
RM Kazenga LuaLua

ST Diomansy Kamara
ST Benjani

Yes, realistic. Westwood is with Coventry, a move to us would be a step forwards for him. The other 3 players have been released by Premiership clubs and they'll want first team football. We would have to push the boat on with wages to get Upson and Reo-Coker, but we could certainly attract them to Cardiff with the lure of regular first team football, which they may not get at a Premiership club.