Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BELLAMY IN 2 YEARS

Tue May 31, 2011 1:31 pm

If what we are hearing turns to be true and Craig has been asked to manage us within two years then surely it would be madness for burton to take over now until then, why not install a manager on a rolling deal and give notice very season util bellers is ready win/win then, as i think under burton we would strugglwe to stay in thos league.
DI MATTEO until bellers is ready i say!!

Re: BELLAMY IN 2 YEARS

Tue May 31, 2011 1:44 pm

I think the whole idea is shit, how can we possibly expect to attract a top manager if they know deep down they're not here for the long term. If the board view Bellamy as a potential manager, just give him the job NOW. Granted it worked at Rangers with McCoist and Smith but i just don't see the logic behind the move.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:47 pm

Aslong as we don't hand a manager a rolling contract with a 12month notice, I'll be happy.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:55 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Aslong as we don't hand a manager a rolling contract with a 12month notice, I'll be happy.

So what shall w give them then.

A 3 or 4 year contract? which means as the way things go these days that they will renegotiate at the end of the first or second year to add a further year.

Which will mean that we will always owe them at least 2 years salary or sometimes nearer 3!!

That sound worse to me.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:57 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:If what we are hearing turns to be true and Craig has been asked to manage us within two years then surely it would be madness for burton to take over now until then, why not install a manager on a rolling deal and give notice very season util bellers is ready win/win then, as i think under burton we would strugglwe to stay in thos league.

Do you really think Di Matteo will come if we say " No matter how you do you are on a contract for two years and you'll go then because Craig will take over".

Di Matteo has his management team of Eddie Newton and Ade mafe.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:57 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:If what we are hearing turns to be true and Craig has been asked to manage us within two years then surely it would be madness for burton to take over now until then, why not install a manager on a rolling deal and give notice very season util bellers is ready win/win then, as i think under burton we would strugglwe to stay in thos league.

Do you really think Di Matteo will come if we say " No matter how you do you are on a contract for two years and you'll go then because Craig will take over".

Di Matteo has his management team of Eddie Newton and Ade mafe.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:38 pm

just a thought elwood, managers ultimately no they are not guaranteed the job for a long time if not just give them a 2 year deal, whose to say bellamy would actually want the job its just ideas being spouted, just saying i would not really want burton