Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ONEIL AND BELLAMY - DREAM TEAM

Tue May 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Maybe unlikely but with Oneill favourite with a lot of bookies, and Bellers reportedly been offered a coaching role I think this could be beyond our wildest dreams! If it's possible is there anyone who would actually prefer someone else? Craig and oneill got on well when they were at Celtic tougher and I really think this appointment would electrify the city and unite the fans!

Re: ONEIL AND BELLAMY - DREAM TEAM

Tue May 31, 2011 1:40 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Maybe unlikely but with Oneill favourite with a lot of bookies, and Bellers reportedly been offered a coaching role I think this could be beyond our wildest dreams! If it's possible is there anyone who would actually prefer someone else? Craig and oneill got on well when they were at Celtic tougher and I really think this appointment would electrify the city and unite the fans!

Would love to have these 2 at the Club fornext season,agree with you Jimbo :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Maybe unlikely but with Oneill favourite with a lot of bookies, and Bellers reportedly been offered a coaching role I think this could be beyond our wildest dreams! If it's possible is there anyone who would actually prefer someone else? Craig and oneill got on well when they were at Celtic tougher and I really think this appointment would electrify the city and unite the fans!

Jenkins ruled this out earlier on the radio

Tue May 31, 2011 1:45 pm

ccfc95 wrote:

You must have listened to a different broadcast to me then

Tue May 31, 2011 1:55 pm

It would be the dream ticket IMO.

I genuinely can't see O'Neill coming to us though, but my fingers are crossed.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Frodo wrote:

It would be the dream ticket IMO.

I genuinely can't see O'Neill coming to us though, but my fingers are crossed.

I would be shocked as well but the bookies must think there is something in it! If the malaysians want to prove their commitment, excite all city fans, and have the best possible chance if promotion then this is the manager and assistant for the job! Make it happen guys!!

Tue May 31, 2011 2:17 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
ccfc95 wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13597348.stm

Tue May 31, 2011 2:25 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
ccfc95 wrote:

Correct John...here is the quote :

"Martin O'Neill would be on the list of any club," said Jenkins. "Whether his financial requirements and ours are the same, we'll have to wait and see."

I don't think it will happen, unfortunately, but this is not ruling anything in or out.

Tue May 31, 2011 2:36 pm

I think the bbc website report gives a different impression to what I actually heard on the radio from Gethin himself.

Tue May 31, 2011 2:54 pm

I posted about I week ago, that I thought and heard that o'niell was coming in for DJ. Hope he does because he's a proven and outstanding manager. With Craig at his side he wud pick up so much off Martin.

Craig and Martin's Barmy Army
:ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:01 pm

Die Walkure wrote:I think the bbc website report gives a different impression to what I actually heard on the radio from Gethin himself.

Yes, he never ruled anything out.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:51 pm

O'Neill has always had John Robertson as his number 2 in every job he has had. He wouldn't change that now. However that doesn't stop Bellamy also being a "coach" alongside O'Neill & Roberston.
I would be very happy with that combination, but think it is very unlikely (O'Neill is more likely to takeover at Forest), failing that I would make Paul Tisdale our no.1 target, he just what we need.