Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why Don't We Let The Players Choose The New Manager ?

Tue May 31, 2011 1:57 pm

Surely our players would know who would be the best replacement for manager Mr Jones. Who do they want in? Let them choose .... :lol:

Re: Why Don't We Let The Players Choose The New Manager ?

Tue May 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Mate, not been funny but I wouldn't put most of our players in charge of a piss up in a brewery.

Shit my bad.

thats about the only thing quite a few of our players could be in charge of.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:59 pm

We would end up with the manager of soda bar!! Free drinks and VIP all round!

Tue May 31, 2011 2:04 pm

Exactly, what players are left here to make such a huge decision?? who could guarentee their own positions next season?
3 A t the most for me :oops: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

northside of risca wrote:Mate, not been funny but I wouldn't put most of our players in charge of a piss up in a brewery.

Shit my bad.

thats about the only thing quite a few of our players could be in charge of.

Hehehehe. Very funny. You are right though. They'd probably get Jones back in!

Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Scenario;

5 players want one guy, 4 want another, 3 want a separate & various others throw other names into the mix, one gets chosen & what's the reaction of the players who's choice was overlooked? Not a good one is my guess.

The players shouldn't get a dickie bird on who the new man should be except possibly the club captain. Decisions like that should only come from the top from a football man.

Have you got the right person to make such a decision?

Tue May 31, 2011 2:16 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Scenario;

5 players want one guy, 4 want another, 3 want a separate & various others throw other names into the mix, one gets chosen & what's the reaction of the players who's choice was overlooked? Not a good one is my guess.

The players shouldn't get a dickie bird on who the new man should be except possibly the club captain. Decisions like that should only come from the top from a football man.

Have you got the right person to make such a decision?

No stan, but we have got a RUGBY man at the helm....all makes sense hey!!! :oops: :oops:

Tue May 31, 2011 2:22 pm

Oh dear.

Clive Woodward it is then :lol:

Tue May 31, 2011 2:26 pm

moonmouse wrote:Surely our players would know who would be the best replacement for manager Mr Jones. Who do they want in? Let them choose .... :lol:

Given our players love of a piss up, Gazza would be voted in by a landslide majority.

Tue May 31, 2011 2:43 pm

This is just a silly suggestion - Stan makes some very good points above about the players choosing.

I'm quite content however to let Gethin make the decision and I'm sure this will be in conjunction with Vincent Tan and TG.

I'm quite surprised that there seems a be a lot of hostility to poor old Gethin - why??????? Is there some kind of agenda to have a go at him?

Let's judge him on who he delivers - I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised when the new Manager is announced.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:23 pm

Given our players love of a piss up, Gazza would be voted in by a landslide majority.[/quote]

Gazza LOL.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:37 pm

You would like to think Like any business - TG VT GJ and the remaining board members will weigh up the interest in the job, and give the manager with the most potential, and the more decorated CV the job?

I dont think I'd be able to fully trust a manager with no previous experience - Not for the Job we need him to do this season.

Tue May 31, 2011 5:11 pm

Roberto Di Matteo & Eddie Newton are waiting to be snapped up.

Don't delay go get em!!

With all due respect to Terry Burton who I believe to be a very decent chap & a good coach if Cardiff overlooked excellent young gaffer's like Di Matteo & Chris Hughton for what could be perceived as the 'cheap' option then I'd be very unhappy.

These guys are available. Whether they want the job is another matter but if I was a Cardiff fan I'd at least like to know my club are actually going for these kind of guys.

Tue May 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Roberto Di Matteo & Eddie Newton are waiting to be snapped up.

Don't delay go get em!!

With all due respect to Terry Burton who I believe to be a very decent chap & a good coach if Cardiff overlooked excellent young gaffer's like Di Matteo & Chris Hughton for what could be perceived as the 'cheap' option then I'd be very unhappy.

These guys are available. Whether they want the job is another matter but if I was a Cardiff fan I'd at least like to know my club are actually going for these kind of guys.

Yes I for one would love to see Di Matteo take over, I wouldnt be very happy if Burton took over nice guy or not, but on the other hand we have to look at the 40+mil we still have to pay back and think would a new guy like Di Metteo take on a club with very little money to spend.? I dont want us to end up like so many other club.