Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE DEPARTURE OF DAVE JONES By Carl Curtis "

Tue May 31, 2011 2:11 pm

" THE DEPARTURE OF DAVE JONES By Carl Curtis "

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28791859/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " THE DEPARTURE OF DAVE JONES By Carl Curtis "

Tue May 31, 2011 2:15 pm

Interesting point about having more 'football men' at the club. I kind of back that but only at board room level. Having too many people with knowledge at coaching staff level might cause a clash of ideologies. Good read though and some intriguing points. :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 2:23 pm

I don't think that it would be good to promote someone already at the club - we need a Manager from outside to come in and completely change the culture at the club!

From listening to Gethin this morning, I go the impression that that was what was likely to happen as well.

Tue May 31, 2011 2:24 pm

Good read. :ayatollah:
I appreciate what Dave Jones has done here but he had to go. Just hope we bring in the right manager.

Tue May 31, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks for the link Annis :ayatollah: Good read Carl :ayatollah:

Your welcome Tony :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 2:41 pm

I think that the backroom team Terry Burton and Paul Wilkinson should go as well as Dave Jones, the new manager needs to bring his own people in

Tue May 31, 2011 2:41 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Thanks for the link Annis :ayatollah: Good read Carl :ayatollah:

Your welcome Tony :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your Welcome Tony :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 2:43 pm

Annis thanks for correcting my spelling ;)

Tue May 31, 2011 2:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Annis thanks for correcting my spelling ;)

:lol:

I am just learning myself :lol:
No probs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 2:47 pm

I think we do need a fresh face at the club. A lot of people wanted DJ gone as if he stayed there would be a bad atmosphere around the club knowing what has happened in the past few years. I feel that if someone from the club was given the role then it would have a similar effect. Having someone from Dave's staff would be a constant reminder to the fans that we usually bottle it. I think that would create a bad atmosphere around the place and may harm any promotion run.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Clean sweep across the board is what's needed now!

We've got to get up to that Prem AND stay there for a second season before we wipe the smiles off those cocky Jack faces!

No more messing around - it's time to get down to business!!!

Tue May 31, 2011 3:48 pm

A good point about the loan system to. The problem wasn't too many loan players, if was the quality of those players. Was investing £15k p/w in a broken footballer namely Jason Koumas a smart move? JLS is clearly a player on his way out and Bywater (a keeper we stuck 6 goals past last season) the less said the better.

If we are to use the loan system in future then the players we sign have to be of the correct quality.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:59 pm

I cant see terry Burton winning a league Title...

all the best managers have always been the best at what they do thats what worries me

Tue May 31, 2011 6:26 pm

Interesting article, interesting summer coming up.
Never boring is it?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:21 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:A good point about the loan system to. The problem wasn't too many loan players, if was the quality of those players. Was investing £15k p/w in a broken footballer namely Jason Koumas a smart move? JLS is clearly a player on his way out and Bywater (a keeper we stuck 6 goals past last season) the less said the better.

If we are to use the loan system in future then the players we sign have to be of the correct quality.

EXACTLY-ALSO WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BELLARS OUR LOAN PLAYERS HAVENT HAD THE PASSION FOR THE CLUB{CAN YOU BLAME THEM AS INDIVIDUALS REALLY?? IT WAS DOWNTO DJ TO SIGN THE CORRECT PLAYERS AND HE F**CKED US UP BIG TIME)JLS,JET,DRINKWATER,BYWATER ,KOUMAS,BROWN(sorry overall oli is tidy but bound to get one right by law of averages)
Be positive whoever takes over cant possibly f**k up as bad as dj withregard to loan players.