Tue May 31, 2011 2:57 pm

" CITY MAY SELL MICHAEL CHOPRA "

Would you be happy about it ?

Re: " CITY MAY SELL MICHAEL CHOPRA "

Tue May 31, 2011 2:59 pm

YES!!!! :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:00 pm

Very. He lost what love he once had for us, so get what we can for him now and buy a replacement who'll fight for the club :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:01 pm

wouldnt care either way but surley nothing would happen until a new manager is in place.... :)

Yes because I think he only has 1 year left on his contract and surely we won't offer him another so get the money now I say.

But can we have Earnie to replace him in the squad please. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Dead wood.

:ayatollah:

Yes !! Could not be happier :D tell us more Annis how much do you think we can get for him. And whats the chance of bringing Earnie Back ?

Tue May 31, 2011 3:03 pm

As long as we get either a good finisher like Earnie or a pacier striker like Tyson in to replace him, then sure. He's definitely gone off the boil and unless the new manager feels like he can turn him around, I wouldn't really be that opposed to getting a couple of million for him considering our situation.

It should be remembered what he's done for us though, even if lately he's gone off the rails a bit.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Personally, i think his departure is a foregone conclusion.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:05 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Personally, i think his departure is a foregone conclusion.

That for me will bring closure to Drinkagate. All of them gone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:06 pm

He's had too many chances now. We cant rely on him to give 100% anymore. And for that reason, he should be moved on. Its a pity because at one point every City fan adored him.

With him and Jay gone, perhaps that will bring an end to the big ego and big drinking culture at our club?

Tue May 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Sell Chopra sign Earnie on a free and buy some fricking grow lights for the pitch. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:07 pm

YES I WOULD!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

RICK+CCFC wrote:Personally, i think his departure is a foregone conclusion.

A new manager may install more discipline in him but as it stands it's time for him to go with a few others (Super Kev not included).

PhatFrog wrote:He's had too many chances now. We cant rely on him to give 100% anymore. And for that reason, he should be moved on. Its a pity because at one point every City fan adored him.

With him and Jay gone, perhaps that will bring an end to the big ego and big drinking culture at our club?

Yes i agree but Jay dosen't Drink. But he was a bad influence by the sound of it.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:08 pm

how much???

Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

My question.

Are any sale proceeds from Chopra "mortgaged" to Ray Ranson's company meaning we would not actually receive any of the funds?

Tue May 31, 2011 3:10 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:how much???

How much is a grow lights system for the pitch worth more than Chopra at the moment I think. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:10 pm

CHOPS this guy could have been one of the players that Cardiff City would remember for all time.
But sorry to say after he let Cardiff City down by his boozing and late nights he can go in my book.
If he thinks more of his glass than he do of the grass ,then we dont need him.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:He's had too many chances now. We cant rely on him to give 100% anymore. And for that reason, he should be moved on. Its a pity because at one point every City fan adored him.

Yes i agree but Jay dosen't Drink. But he was a bad influence by the sound of it.

When I referred to Jay, I meant the ego bit. :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" CITY MAY SELL MICHAEL CHOPRA "

i cant see the welsh assembly letting this happen and they will put plans in place to subsidise his wages to make him stay.
with the fragile state of the welsh economy they cannot let a million pounds dissapear from it in drink and betting income.
so a non starter from me :lol:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:19 pm

steve davies wrote:

i cant see the welsh assembly letting this happen and they will put plans in place to subsidise his wages to make him stay.
with the fragile state of the welsh economy they cannot let a million pounds dissapear from it in drink and betting income.

:lol: :lol: :lol: topcat will be well pissed ;)

Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Get rid quick, while we can still get money for him.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:26 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
steve davies wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: topcat will be well pissed ;)

;) :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Wouldn't be disappointed. His performances are no longer that good and his attitude off the pitch stinks.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:28 pm

its a shame as over his spells, hes been one of THE most passionate players and truely plays for the shirt and us fans
my fave city player over the last 2 seasons

i would love for him to get back on track and recreate the form but even I now think that its likely our love affair with chops may be over

Tue May 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Get shot! Everyone connected with drinkgate needs to go!

Tue May 31, 2011 3:31 pm

davids wrote:My question.

Are any sale proceeds from Chopra "mortgaged" to Ray Ranson's company meaning we would not actually receive any of the funds?

You are right. The money would have to be used to reduce/eliminate (depending on how much he is sold for) the Sports Asset Management debt. It would also save the club over £1m in wages to go towards some incoming players.

I actually think Chopra is a very good player at Championship level , but his more unsavoury "habits" have blunted his effectiveness too much.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:32 pm

We will never ever see the Chopra that we saw crying on the pitch after the loss to Blackpool at Wembley. That player departed along time ago.

I would try and get as near to £2m as we can and be done with him.

Thank you Chopra for what you did give us - One great memory scoring in the 92nd minute against them down West. :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:41 pm

I watched a review of the 2009/10 DVD last night and one thing that struck me was how we wasted the talents of Ross McCormack.

It is so typical of the Jones regin that we had a striker who was valued at £5m, reduced to being sold for £500,000 and replaced by a striker who cost £3m but is now worth less than half of that and all and even that fee belongs to someone else.