Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CITY MAY SELL MICHAEL CHOPRA "

Tue May 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Tony, I agree. I think Bothroyd and McCormack were a much better partnership than Bothroyd and Chopra but oh no, Jones had a bust up with McCormack and we all know what happens in those instances.

Get Chopra out. He had a big opportunity to be a legend here and blew it.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Sadly after last season I'd say Chops out and Earnie in
would be lovely!

:ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:51 pm

@tonybluewilliams

And no coincidence that our penalties and penalty claims have significantly reduced since he left. Rarely do we attack the penalty area at pace anymore :(

All change next season and I can't wait :D :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 3:55 pm

No good everyone moaning about McCormack going after giving Chopra the brushoff over his drinking outbursts!

McCormack was exactly the same, in town pissed up all the time, and even Crashed his Range Rover into a fence and fleed the scene of the accident only to be dull enough to think he wouldn't get caught?

Tue May 31, 2011 3:56 pm

All comes down to lack of respect for the manager and the reason he had to go.

edit: the manager that is :D
Last edited by blooobirds on Tue May 31, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:57 pm

He will always be a city legend in my eyes for that goal against the scum.

I would keep him he's class when in form and he did have a few injuries through the season, that couldn't have helped, we need to keep our better players if possible

Tue May 31, 2011 4:10 pm

No, for me I want him gone!

He was always one of my favourites, but after the 'Boro game, I want the rid of him!

Tue May 31, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes, best course of action for both the club and player is to part company. It is clear that DJ has not been able to control and get the best out of him. As he has played well under DJ in the past, then this latest slump in form must be down to the player himself, and not anything the manager was doing, so no excuses, he needs a move to pastures new, to reinvent himself, and the club needs players with less baggage and new hunger than this current bunch, Chopra is a prime example of how stale the team have become.

Tue May 31, 2011 4:18 pm

does he need a lift?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 4:49 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:does he need a lift?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I thought you were giving DJ a lift out of town. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Not sure on this one, if a manager can sort him out then no, or i if we could get money 4 him and get earnie or similar4 free then yes

Tue May 31, 2011 5:09 pm

now may be time to let him go.

Tue May 31, 2011 5:22 pm

Not sure he may be p*sshead and gamble alot but you can't knock him when he plays he gives us 100%! He's blue!

Tue May 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" CITY MAY SELL MICHAEL CHOPRA "

Would you be happy about it ?

sadly,i want him gone,i have a picture of him with my boy,taken about 4years ago,thats the chopra i want to remember,not the one that let hiomself and more importantly us down,we need players that give 100% :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 5:31 pm

I did say the other day, I heard Earnie may be coming the other way !!!

Tue May 31, 2011 6:01 pm

since62 wrote:
davids wrote:My question.

Are any sale proceeds from Chopra "mortgaged" to Ray Ranson's company meaning we would not actually receive any of the funds?

You are right. The money would have to be used to reduce/eliminate (depending on how much he is sold for) the Sports Asset Management debt. It would also save the club over £1m in wages to go towards some incoming players.

I actually think Chopra is a very good player at Championship level , but his more unsavoury "habits" have blunted his effectiveness too much.

I think that his off field habits have spiralled so out of control that any manager would have a job getting him back on the straight and narrow. A shame as you said on his day he is a very good Championship striker.

Tue May 31, 2011 6:06 pm

NOT if we have the right manager wih the right attitude and the balls to keep the players in line

maybe Chops had no respect for the shirt or club as he had no respect for DJ - he went on the lash n gambled and was still allowed to play ..................

He is a good player you cant take that away - but he needs to wise up to his off field antics!!!

pair him up with right person people he will get his form back as well as a manager that kicks his arse!

Tue May 31, 2011 6:07 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Not sure he may be p*sshead and gamble alot but you can't knock him when he plays he gives us 100%! He's blue!

The thing is mate, his 100% now is nowhere near where it used to be, or indeed where it should be

Tue May 31, 2011 6:13 pm

mans got to go,the player we once loved and sang about has long gone.sad to see and admit but it would appear playing and giving his all is no more a necessity.unfortunately seems intent on self destruction one way or another and hes had his chances to straighten out.after this seasons shambolic end we city fans only now deserve to see players that want to play for us and care about the result

Tue May 31, 2011 6:43 pm

sell, quality player who has long spells of goal droughts.
was this down to his lack of professionalism?
time to let go.

Tue May 31, 2011 6:45 pm

No, we need to keep him. The only reason I wouldn't mind selling him is if we get a decent amount for him. If he goes, we only have Parkin left. The amount of players we need to bring in is unbelieveable. I think that now Bothroyd is gone, Chops will be a little bit happier as he likes to be the main man. Sure, he had a bad season and he had the drinking/gambling problem etc, but if we get the right manager in it might help Chops. When he's on form, he is class.
Last edited by JonCCFC on Tue May 31, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 pm

Ill miss chopra but somethings gone wrong and he doesnt seem to be playing for the team anymore lost his way a bit, all up for letting him sort it out but will he? i dont know :/

Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm happy to let him go, seen jones was the only person who could get something out of him, but he's become to comfortable around here, and now jones has gone, he can go too! bring Earnie back pleeeeeease!

Tue May 31, 2011 6:47 pm

yes, hes a pissed head. gambling fat tw*t, :wave: :wave:

Tue May 31, 2011 6:50 pm

I cant believe how poor chops was towards the end of the season, he looked as out of shape as he did pre season, he was so far off the pace in the Reading game. I would love him to stay if he could get back to form but I guess we have to cash in if someone makes an offer as his contract runs out next season. Shame though, as an inform Chopra can do so much damage in the championship.

Tue May 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Yeah think its time for him to go also, dont wanna lose everyone and have always liked Chops but he`s let us down with his antics of late nights etc, didnt really miss him when he was out injured.

Bye Bye.......

Tue May 31, 2011 8:16 pm

YES YES YES YES YES
get that f*cking virus out of our club now,
if he needs a lift i would walk a thousand miles on my knees with the porkie b*stard on my back just to get rid of him.

Tue May 31, 2011 8:35 pm

Yes, he needs a change, he's past his best for us. Get Earnie on a free, Bellars and one from Ched Evans/Sam Vokes/Billy Sharp/Derek Riordan

Tue May 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Yes, he needs a change, he's past his best for us. Get Earnie on a free, Bellars and one from Ched Evans/Sam Vokes/Billy Sharp/Derek Riordan

Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

YES YES YES YES YES
get that f*cking virus out of our club now,
if he needs a lift i would walk a thousand miles on my knees with the porkie b*stard on my back just to get rid of him.

can i have a picture of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: