Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF PLAYS DOWN O'NEILL LINK..

Tue May 31, 2011 3:59 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13597348.stm :(

Re: CARDIFF PLAYS DOWN O'NEILL LINK..

Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm

It's a wise move IMO.

The whole O'Neill thing is building, just look on here, and i'd imagine a lot of people are going to be very disappointed if it isn't nipped in the bud.

Tue May 31, 2011 4:03 pm

But I listened to the interview this morning and unless something else has been said, I didn't get the same impression from what was said as is outlined in that report.

I think mind it would be too much like a dream come true.

Tue May 31, 2011 4:04 pm

Is it really going to be the wisest appointment anyway.... Im not so sure, however he would be a huge coup IF there was money to spend, but the main reason and benefit of his appointment would be with the links in football and all the players he could persuade to come here......

Im just holding out and waiting to see what happens, However MALLO is convinced O'neill is coming??? :old:

Tue May 31, 2011 4:05 pm

thats why you should aim low..this is cardiff city...if you aim for..avram grant you''ll end up with mourinho....if you aim for o'neill you'll end up with ian dowie :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 4:15 pm

It was interesting that GJ suggested his wage demands may be to big for the club but then said we will have to wait and see.

Which would suggest that at the very least he is on the list of people the club want to talk to. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2011 4:42 pm

castleblue wrote:It was interesting that GJ suggested his wage demands may be to big for the club but then said we will have to wait and see.

Which would suggest that at the very least he is on the list of people the club want to talk to. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was just about to paste this exact thing myself from that statement!!

"Martin O'Neill would be on the list of any club," said Jenkins. "Whether his financial requirements and ours are the same, we'll have to wait and see."

Suggesting YES that they will talk? 8-)

However, maybe he will talk to a NUMBER of clubs?

Tue May 31, 2011 4:46 pm

The thing is with Martin O'neill is that besides always playing a rigid 4-4-2 he takes an absolute age over making his mind up.

Great manager but if the club wants him but cannot get an answer by say next Monday we should move on regardless. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: